Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Parkour 2.0 Devstream 55 Feedback Megathread

Thalahssalyst

I want to know what ninjas you have been looking at because in all the iterations of the word in regards to agility, as well as parkour in games in general, the current system feels much more like it than what we were shown.

Fast and fluid movement is what parkour is about, not slow bunny hopping. I like the higher degree of control and options, as well as latching (love it) but the current systems wins in terms of speed an fluidity, even without the wall fling. I don't know why the devs decided it had to be one way or another instead of both.

guess you should start reading then.  you seem to be confusing martial art pop culture with ninja pop culture.

guess you should start reading then.  you seem to be confusing martial art pop culture with ninja pop culture.

I don't recall ninja pop culture ever using bunny skipping as we were shown, neither do I recall martial arts pop culture having anything to do with what I said.

I think coptering needs to go. Get a speed mod on your frame, or appreciate the fact that you are a space NINJA and have patience to traverse corridors and explore for loot. Not loose your mind and blindly spin into walls and ruin the feel of the game.

DE isn't going to make the game super slow all of a sudden. It will feel different but it won't be that slow. PLUS where did any of you actually see them have a sustained sprint that looked slow?? The sprint is honestly fast and probably is only a few seconds slower then coptering.

Sacrificing speed and flowing movement to gain a tactical advantage is very Siphon Filter, Batman, and AC.

One of the things that set Warframe apart was how fast and fluidly the Tenno crossed the battlefield.

That speed became advantageous when they changed the aiming mechanics of enemy units.  A Tenno could dash away like mad, find a perch or hiding spot, recuperate, and prepare before dashing back into combat.

Thus the Tenno felt like more instinctual beings than tactical beings (let's face it, most missions and most of what we do in the game does not require a particularly sharp intellect).  The tactics came from preparation (modding) and armament (loadout).

That, to me at least, set it apart from other likewise games and offered quite an adrenaline rush (dashing and wallrunning in their current state sort of feel like a racing game, which is rather different).

Do I like the tactical aspect of Batman in preparing the field before battle?  Yes I do: that's why I play Batman.

I think I'll still play Batman when/if this change goes through and I will miss playing that game where I found the rush of speeding through enemy clusters and emptying the payload of my grenade launcher (Torid, Tonkor) at them in passing.  I don't think Warframe will ever be that game again, when/if the Bunnyhop patch goes live.

Edit(s): clarity, typos

Edited by DelialFallen

YES.

The devstream's implementation of Parkour 2.0 bothered me a lot because there was a lot of vertical motion for every single movement. You get from A to B really nicely, as intended, but as you do so there's a crapton of bobbing up and down and up and down and up and down... It hardly feels ninjalike at all; this is Super Mario material.

I think they should increase the velocity of the wall leaps. This way we can cover the same distances between walls and platforms without having to rely on upwards motion. Basically, shooting between walls like a missile (as shown in the concept gifs) instead of relying on big, floaty jumps like goomba-stomping plumbers.

Faster, looks nicer, etc.

Now that I look at it again, the Mario comparison is perfect. That kind of hopping bouncing movement doesn't feel right. I want to be a missile, not a plumber.

Edit: stupid phone

Edited by Xriah

Now that I look at it again, the Mario comparison is perfect. That kind of hopping bouncing movement doesn't feel right. I want to be a middle, not a plumber.

the concept for enemy jumping had more interaction, it was asolutely clear how the tenno was using the enemy to gain momentum, tin the stream those things werent seen, maybe WIP?

Man, I only see you complaining about how people who like coptering are dumb for having that opinion. You should probably not ask for people's opinion if you aren't gonna like them. :v

Parkour 2.0 is gonna make the game slower, painfully slower. There needs to be a change to sprint and wallrunning speed since coptering and wall slingshots are getting removed, and the double jump they showcased needs to be faster and higher.

Edited by Rakshal

I wonder if sliding is also going to be improved ... tapping slide to speed up your ground movement isn't looking good.

How about increasing the distance of the slide and the speed it gives you (kinda like an advanced sprint).

Parkour 2.0 is covering up the movement when there are walls, but there is going to be a slowdown for the tilesets with wide open elements, where you don't have anything to jump on (when there are no enemies).

With coptering gone (which I think is a good thing) maybe sliding could compensate this a little bit and give us some fast ground movement option for these situations.

Edited by Dustkick

Feedback from a veteran player regard the stream

1-Greedy Pull Nerf- For me the problem it was never from greedy pull but from the pull itself since mag exist pull went from single target ally pull spamm joke that wasnt used at all on enemies to launching enemies flying to the deep space spam hammer. If we play with a mag player and he just 1 and its extremely anoying coz u cant do nothing just run to the end of the level not killing anything ruining the game for others. My solution that i see and should always be like that is the exact opposite of banshee push, make them drop to the ground and move only a bit its cc not kung fu fruit killing machine.

2-Parkour 2.0- since the video i saw the old video i had a major big smile on my face and my mind bursting with ideas on making another warframe with style video for youtube but then i read about "wall running gone" rly? only hop and jumping? now i thought how will be life playing warframe without wall run and with all that jumping...

PARKOUR 2.0 IS A MISTAKE DONT DO IT.

We love ninjas and ninjas wallrun, ninjas jump on enemies heads, ninjas stand on the walls but double jump and all that hops will make the game stupid what i want to say is like "Hey Tom u see that secret place up there? i will teach how u get there,but needs hard work" - Tom says "ahn there i just press space and get there". Also ninjas hopping walls takes u the cool factor of the wall run it soo much love. You guys even though about that jumping and hopping in pvp? its already fast enought and hard to shoot to each other as it is in pvp without that hopping around it will kill the capture the cephalon and the pvp will be soo anoying. Jump on enemies, wall run control, wire breaks and transfer directional jumps i agree but those small hops and the double jump looks bad and makes the game too much damn easy.

This recent dev stream parkour 2.0 video broke my heart, nothing in warframe makes u more feel more ninja than the wall run and if that is gone, for me its not a ninja game anymore and i will eventually lose the love for the game.

3-Shotgun Gore- The more the better YES PLS

OK here is a animation to make Wallhopping less ridiculous. A example would take from the animations of a Cheetah and have the Tenno launch himself forward in the air using his own body weight. This would cause the same height as wallhopping does now but in a much cooler way.

1cPih.png

I am not saying have the Tenno go on all fours. -.- I am saying you could just have the Tenno have high and long strides across the wall. It isn't a perfect idea but it seems less ridiculous than what we have now. It will look smoother and faster than the animations they have now.

The problem people are having is that Parkour 2.0 is not slower than the parkour we have now. It has more animations and the jumping have a animation that the Tenno stops for a split second. That makes it look slower though it isn't even close to being as slow as Parkour now.

Edited by Feallike

I agree that a running cheetah looks much more stylish than Tenno do when hopping like bunnies as is the proposed changed to 'Parkour' (can't really call it that anymore).

If only we could play those cheetahs and chase those pesky hopping bunnies around, that would be a plus.

... from the look of it.

1) haven't seen a single reason to use parkour over simple running.

2) i have a feeling that parkour 2.0 is gonna be yet another "cool" addition which players won't use on a regular basis, because there is no point in doing that.

3) about "skill" remark by Steve and how "skilled players will handle the parkour 2.0" or something along these lines. "skill" has nothing to do with clumsy implementation. And parkour 2.0 looks clumsy.

If there will be a reason to parkour 2.0 i will do parkour, but as it now i see no reason to hang on the wall. Like NO reason at all. Running is good, hanging on the wall for no reason is bad.

* If hanging on the wall would be a part of stealth mechanics - that may be awesome btw.

tldr: as it now parkour 2.0 looks as if it was made for show, not made for purpose.

Edited by LeshJaeThiHah

Double Jump should not have a roll for the animation. It looks repetitive, coupled with the dodges, slide flips, and rolls that we'll also be using. It also looks dizzying when transitioning from a double jump to a wall hop repeatedly, with the double jump roll.

Along with this, I feel like the general speed of movements (including sprinting) should be increased across the board.

Otherwise, it looks great! Can't wait for the changes!

From what we've seen so far the latest iteration of Parkour 2.0 is nowhere near as fast as coptering. Coptering being gone will make the game unplayably slow for anybody who's long bored of the repetitive corridors the game takes place in.

Not too mention far, far more unsafe at high levels. Very much this. Additionally, I think the animations look ridiculous (double jump and wall skipping in particular), not that coptering looked any better. I'm also assuming a heavy nerf to directional melee is incoming as even the current worst weapon for it can go at least as high as double jump, and the better ones can literally more than triple the height of it.

I really hope they take a second to sit back and think about this, because as it currently stands they picked the best possible scenario to showcase the speed of it (that particular room in the void is one of a very small handful of rooms in the game that have walls set up to consistently do that) and it is still an enormous mobility nerf. Worst case scenario, slow frame like Frost on a big open map, you might as well forgot about being able to keep up with anyone at all. While the current system is by no means perfect, it is certainly effective. The replacement seems just as flawed mechanically and far, far less effective.

2/10 do not want, and only a 2 because wall hangs and no more stamina.

Feedback from a veteran player regard the stream

1-Greedy Pull Nerf- For me the problem it was never from greedy pull but from the pull itself since mag exist pull went from single target ally pull spamm joke that wasnt used at all on enemies to launching enemies flying to the deep space spam hammer. If we play with a mag player and he just 1 and its extremely anoying coz u cant do nothing just run to the end of the level not killing anything ruining the game for others. My solution that i see and should always be like that is the exact opposite of banshee push, make them drop to the ground and move only a bit its cc not kung fu fruit killing machine.

2-Parkour 2.0- since the video i saw the old video i had a major big smile on my face and my mind bursting with ideas on making another warframe with style video for youtube but then i read about "wall running gone" rly? only hop and jumping? now i thought how will be life playing warframe without wall run and with all that jumping...

PARKOUR 2.0 IS A MISTAKE DONT DO IT.

We love ninjas and ninjas wallrun, ninjas jump on enemies heads, ninjas stand on the walls but double jump and all that hops will make the game stupid what i want to say is like "Hey Tom u see that secret place up there? i will teach how u get there,but needs hard work" - Tom says "ahn there i just press space and get there". Also ninjas hopping walls takes u the cool factor of the wall run it soo much love. You guys even though about that jumping and hopping in pvp? its already fast enought and hard to shoot to each other as it is in pvp without that hopping around it will kill the capture the cephalon and the pvp will be soo anoying. Jump on enemies, wall run control, wire breaks and transfer directional jumps i agree but those small hops and the double jump looks bad and makes the game too much damn easy.

This recent dev stream parkour 2.0 video broke my heart, nothing in warframe makes u more feel more ninja than the wall run and if that is gone, for me its not a ninja game anymore and i will eventually lose the love for the game.

3-Shotgun Gore- The more the better YES PLS

just 1 thing, dont say that double jump will make things too easy, directional melee attacks are like 4 times easier, the entire rest of your feedback is quite valid imo

I liked the idea of wall jumping like they showed in devstream#53. Increased momentum from those jumps combined with the fluidity seen during this stream + wallrunning still being a thing would make this system perfect for me. I really like the fluidity of the parkour but it feels a tiny bit slower than I'd like. However, I do fully support coptering being toned down, as it shouldn't be used as a mobility tool, or wait 50 years for our momentum to die down if we copter into a wall.

Maybe the double jump can be less of a flip and use the animation of vertical wall hoping instead, while also increasing the distance slightly? 

Apart from that, I can't wait for the changes.

Edited by Czahr

OK here is a animation to make Wallhopping less ridiculous. A example would take from the animations of a Cheetah and have the Tenno launch himself forward in the air using his own body weight. This would cause the same height as wallhopping does now but in a much cooler way.

1cPih.png

I am not saying have the Tenno go on all fours. -.- I am saying you could just have the Tenno have high and long strides across the wall. It isn't a perfect idea but it seems less ridiculous than what we have now. It will look smoother and faster than the animations they have now.

The problem people are having is that Parkour 2.0 is not slower than the parkour we have now. It has more animations and the jumping have a animation that the Tenno stops for a split second. That makes it look slower though it isn't even close to being as slow as Parkour now.

this enlightens very well on how we shouldnt end looking like bunnies, no matter what it would be better to end looking like cheetas

Judging from what i've seen and read: Not fluid, too slow. Its an alternative to wall runs, it is not an alternative to copter/directional. Double jumps are cool but the animations are bad, like really bad. I prefer to believe that what we've seen in Devstream #55 is not the final version of what we will get, so i expect to be more polished before release. I really hope they increase the speed of the maneuvers because man that's gonna slow us down a lot.

I like the idea of grabbing a wall and do directional jumps off walls and along walls. I don't like how you can latch into a wall and stay hanging there forever, but you can't run along it unless you jump along it, not cool. Latched wall runs like what we've seen in Devstream #52 were cool, i dunno why they abandoned this idea.

They claim that the maps still works and nothing needs to be adapted, "jump-centric means it can be used anywhere" is what Steve said on twitter. I am not so confident about that, there are many maps that i can't imagine the parkour happening without some adjustments. Specially the Conclave maps. I keep telling them we need long flat walls opposed to flat objects and structures for this to work. But Steve said on twitter that is the exact opposite, that we will not need flat walls to perform parkour anymore. Well if that's the case then it will be great.

Not sure if I should celebrate, get depressed or rage on the forums yet. :) Have to wait until it's released to decide. Changes are happening, maybe it's for the greater good. Let's see what they come up with, and then take conclusions.

Edited by RexSol

I don't recall ninja pop culture ever using bunny skipping as we were shown, neither do I recall martial arts pop culture having anything to do with what I said.

i brought up martial pop because i assumed you preferred parkour 1.0 which is literally a sill martial art pop version of parkour. unless you are saying you dont then nevermind i just misinterpreted of thats the case.

Edited by Dillon_J