Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Parkour 2.0 Devstream 55 Feedback Megathread

Thalahssalyst

accordingly with what has been told, parkour 2.0 will be more versatile and enyojable than smacking your face  from one room to another with cptr, and there will be more tools to chain parkour since spinning attacks are suposedly to be standarized in translation, so probably one will still be able to correct direction mid air while having more control from the wall jumps

inb4 parkour2 is released and 5 - 10 players come to the forum saying they will leave the game and 2 minutes later they will be playing again

Edited by rockscl

so what weve seen in the current devstream just now
it seems wallrunning is gone which is abit shame Imho

the mechanics look really cool
but the jumps need more distance and speed

also coptering is dead but what about directional melee high jumps?
I can understand coptering gone but I really want to keep the high jumps

so what weve seen in the current devstream just now

it seems wallrunning is gone which is abit shame Imho

the mechanics look really cool

but the jumps need more distance and speed

also coptering is dead but what about directional melee high jumps?

I can understand coptering gone but I really want to keep the high jumps

Double jump replace the directional melee air distance atacks.

So again, your movement have no penalty because your melee.

Parkour 2.0:

400px-Devstream_Background_52.png

I really love the idea of the momentum system and i was incredibly positively surprised when the devs showed us the first concept gif's in devstream 53. But the system they showed us in the latest devstream (#55) is much more similar to flappy bird than to the first concept gif's.

Here are the gif's from devstream #53:RqGaWBk.gif

TigCxSl.gif

vpnKmBS.gif

3HPwdlF.gif

At the moment the system involves double jump. Which is definitly not a bad idea. But after every single contact with a surface the double jump is retriggered making it spam requiring. And since you can't jump longer distances between walls (as shown on the progress of the system) you have to double jump every time in the air from one wall to the next.

I will try to post a gif or video as soon as possible to show the system at current state in action and to illustrate why i am so disappointed of it, as it is right now.

An additional change which would improve the system is to decrease the time which is needed to build up momentum and give us a speed boost just as we recieve now from wall runs with the only difference that the boosts should be actually controllable. This would make the longer range jumps between different objects possible as it was planned by the devs on early concept.

I hope that the devs notice this and make it more similar to the first concept gifs. Maybe they can prevent warframe then to be called flappy bird 2.0.

Edited by Tyreuzs

I really hope they didnt just abandon wall-running in favor of this new wall-bunnyhopping...

The last preview for parkour 2.0 was looking so promising with directional wallrunning but did they just scrap it now?

I really wanted to wall-run like this:

UNeTtYm.png

Not like this:

yjaisnR.png

Heres hoping they didnt abandon the wall-running concept..

Edited by KyleDelta

I'm kinda on the fence on the new parkour, it seems that we're losing a lot of speed for fancy tricks.

Also aside from a few minor things it doesn't seem to really have any incentive to be done over plain linear running, I know some tiles are having slight revisions to fit the new system but to completely make the new parkour system completely relevant I feel all the tilesets would need to be remade from the ground up which I don't see happening.

Yea this newer pakour 2.0 seem too double jump focused. No wall running of any sort. No long ranged jumps. EVERYTHING is a double jump or wall jump. It looks awful hopping up the wall or hopping horizontally along a wall, why can't they have wall running or the one from the first gif back in?

Yea this newer pakour 2.0 seem too double jump focused. No wall running of any sort. No long ranged jumps. EVERYTHING is a double jump or wall jump. It looks awful hopping up the wall or hopping horizontally along a wall, why can't they have wall running or the one from the first gif back in?

That is just excactly why i try to raise my voice.. eventho i guess that my topic won't get a lot of attention. As always haha^^

It didn't look bad as a whole and I'm really excited for the new parkour. but hell, the double jumps were kind of annoying to watch. They're so unrealistic...

At the moment the system involves double jump. Which is definitly not a bad idea.

I think it is.

I'm worried about how "floaty" and erratic it looks, but I think it's too early to be going into detailed feedback for something we haven't even tried out yet. We need to test this ourselves before we can tell how good or bad it feels. Most of us are better players then the dev team. We're capable of using mobility in more creative and interesting ways then what's shown on the devstreams.

I love everything about it....

except it looks a little overboard for the parts where one is simply going across a wall.

I wish they would keep a more basic running animation for that part but hey whatever.

It will be cool.

It didn't look bad as a whole and I'm really excited for the new parkour. but hell, the double jumps were kind of annoying to watch. They're so unrealistic...

At the moment the system involves double jump. Which is definitly not a bad idea.

I think it is.

Well it depends on how it is implemented. I wouldn't advocate it but to prevent instant hate i just said it wouldn't be a bad idea if it is implemented in a less harm way. For example without being required as a basic movement between between walls/ or surfaces in general.

Because there aren't enough long flat walls in the game for wall running to be useful, or even usable.

Like the maneuvers we have so far, but I want a lot more, like ledge clinging and hopping like Uncharted, or at least stealth attacks where you drop down from somewhere or pull up from a wall or, I don't know, swing off of a zipline into a poor mook's spine? I want to be able to tiptoe across ziplines for what it's worth.

I also think this bouncy ball parkour is too.. well bouncy. My perfect parkour 2.0 would be to decrease the speed of flight after jumping from a wallrun, cause that's not realistic at all, Make the speeds of coptering even on all weapons. Because, for example, coptering with scythes is less efficient then running ATM, and coptering with something like the dual ichors is ridicoulus and it scares new players as they fall behind a few kilometers from the experienced players and feel bad afterwards. And also add the double jump, it's cool, but making EVERYTHING about the double jump is dumb... 

P.S I think the channeling while parkouring is sweet too :3

why can't they have wall running or the one from the first gif back in?

Because there are literally no walls in Warframe where you could effectively use that sort of movement. In the gif, you can clearly see a long &#! wall, which is ideal for the movement shown & it looks great & speedy. In-game however, there are absolutely no long flat surfaces for that to work on. There is always on obstruction jutting out from the wall or it's just plain too short of a wall.

My only gripe with the demo from today's stream is that the speed traveled horizontally is rather slow. I'm not expecting to go to infinity & beyond like with coptering, really, but the current iteration could use a boost. 

I don't really like all the bouncing between walls, I rather atleast they have a cooler animation because it is kinda awkward to watch them jump everywhere.... 

Though, I LOVE THE INFINITE WALL HUG! I can already imagine in ODD hiding up wall and picking off the infested on the ground. I think Parkour 2.0 is so close to being exactly what I wanted. If it could just have a little better jumping animations to make it look more realistic and fun.

Because there are literally no walls in Warframe where you could effectively use that sort of movement. In the gif, you can clearly see a long ! wall, which is ideal for the movement shown & it looks great & speedy. In-game however, there are absolutely no long flat surfaces for that to work on. There is always on obstruction jutting out from the wall or it's just plain too short of a wall.

How does that even matter if you can simply choose when to jump?