Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Parkour 2.0 Devstream 55 Feedback Megathread

Thalahssalyst

YOu stop...simple.

It's like being on ground.

its not really that simple, if the condition for walljumps and wall hanging is to start a wallrun we are same place where parkour 1.0 is but without slingshots

That was awesome (for me), what do you think?

theres potential, we wont know it till we try it

Edited by rockscl

First,coptering is not dead, Steve specially said it on Twitter that coptering will finally be use for melee not movement.

Second, up to this point DE only show us bits of Pakour 2.0, there is yet to be actual gameplay to show me how will it be integrated to our regular gameplay. So I can't really comment on it.

Coptering is dead, no Slide atacks.

its not really that simple, if the condition for walljumps and wall hanging is to start a wallrun we are same place where parkour 1.0 is but without slingshots

theres potential, we wont know it till we try it

Pretend you're Spiderman...there.

Edited by Jinryusai

Added last Wip from DE Rebecca.

that new WIP shows how chainning a few maneuvers is fluid and usable not just to trivialize the environment and rush across the room, but more for actually experiencing the map, im not surprised to see a bunch of dislikes there, those guys should consider that the demo is not speed oriented, but versatility focused, theres no point in calling it slow, or raising the no momentum flag, basically we still dont know how fast it can be

that new WIP shows how chainning a few maneuvers is fluid and usable not just to trivialize the environment and rush across the room, but more for actually experiencing the map, im not surprised to see a bunch of dislikes there, those guys should consider that the demo is not speed oriented, but versatility focused, theres no point in calling it slow, or raising the no momentum flag, basically we still dont know how fast it can be

I think this new system give us more "in depth"... if we can call like it.

A fluid system, where you can do everything in balanced ways, where everyone have to learn how to do and no press E.

That Wip show us a new way to play the game, no a GG FAST like everyone wants, if that the case, there is Volt still for example.

The game never was speed orientend or "fast paced" like everyone think, Steve say : Rush and fast paced, its a player desition, as i say, id ont think DE maked huge maps just for rush.

About the speed, what can i say?

I enjoy the game in a different way, the speed ever was a unbalanced system in warframe, and now they are fixing it.

A fluid system, where you can do everything in balanced ways, where everyone have to learn how to do and no press E.

That Wip show us a new way to play the game, no a GG FAST like everyone wants, if that the case, there is Volt still for example.

The game never was speed orientend or "fast paced" like everyone think, Steve say : Rush and fast paced, its a player desition, as i say, id ont think DE maked huge maps just for rush.

I enjoy the game in a different way, the speed ever was a unbalanced system in warframe, and now they are fixing it.

You shouldn't have to play as Volt to go fast in a Ninja game.  Fast should be the default speed.  Volt is just for kicking it up to ludicrous speed.

Firstly, forgive me if I haven't read this entire thread.  But, I did want to give my feedback on the matter.

Honestly, I had my concerns about the new parkour system.  But, then I decided to start basically forcing myself to play the game without coptering, for the past couple weeks.  I started off by finally putting Forma on my Scindo Prime, after letting it collect dust for a while, and then leveling the Anku.  Then I started playing without a melee weapon at all, grinding Gnathos, and daily Syndicate missions, with just whatever Primary I happened to be re-leveling at the time.  And, honestly, I do think the game will be fine without coptering.

That's not to say it won't be slower.  Because it most certainly will, and that's not even up for debate.  Even if you can chain walljumps for higher speeds, the amount of tiles that would allow you do to so is next to none, unless you're just jumping circles around enemies in one, small room, at which point, I'd say that you're putting yourself through a bunch of needless work.  Anyway...  I found that, without coptering, I can still complete missions pretty quickly, just by butt-scooting around and utilizing front-flips.  That said, being able to bounce off a wall after a front-flip would be pretty nice, and actually rather welcome.

I don't think that Parkour 2.0 will be the new main method of getting around.  The tiles currently available simply don't allow for that.  But, I do think it'll make a nice addition to current mechanics, even if we do have to give up a lot of speed for it.

However, I can't help but be a little disappointed, and underwhelmed...

When it was first announced that Parkour 2.0 would be incorporating walljumping, my immediate reaction was to think of 5th gen Armored Core.  I mean, that's probably because I played ACV and ACVD, exclusively, for over 3 years.  And, really, there was a debate in the AC community, not too far off from this current debate on Warframe, now that I think about it.

For those who have never played, or never even heard of Armored Core (which I'm guessing is a very great many people), it's a mech third-person shooter, made by the same folks who now pump out the Souls series.  Up until the last two games, the main method of moving around was by using your boosters to dash, and more importantly, to fly around.  In the 5th generation, FromSoft decided to do away with flight, and went for a more grounded, tactical method, which incorporated walljumping to gain height.  At first, most of the community rioted.  And a lot of veterans still talk badly about the game's mechanics.

However, I can honestly say that they actually did it right, for the most part.  Walljumping was fun, fluid, and surprisingly fast.  In fact, if you got good enough at it, you could get around faster, and much more efficiently, just by chaining walljumps, than you could with the 'sprint' function of the game, called Glide-Boosting.  Hell, I've know people who've played entire matches with their boosters turned off, and still zipped around faster than everyone else on the field.

Also worth mentioning:  ACV and ACVD have vastly outsold every other game in the series, world-wide.  But, this is probably more due to the fact that the two of them are much more multiplayer focused than previous entries.

However, I am sad, because Armored Core's walljumping is not what we get...

For reference:  (This is a friend, and teammate of mine.  If you want to see more of the game, I have plenty of videos on my own channel, however, I don't utilize the walljumping nearly as well.)

If they see no speed then there is likely to be no speed. Why wait to find out and endure the slowdown when you can deal with it now?

Better safe then sorry.

And yes, going slow would kill people, so there.

Then again, it can get people killed since grineer or so accurate.

Good luck with getting use to it on their turf...

You do realize you are not playing as Spartans, right? That they are ninjas, right?

God forbid people want to move as fast as a ninja(even a ninja turtle).

Face it, fast paced is what this game needs to liven things up. To make it more unique, to make it more fun, a lot more fun (especially to move) than other shooters.

Otherwise it would feel like another  generic shooter with magic spells, melee with bunny hops all over the place...

Of course this may require greater accuracy and speed for the enemy, but all for the better for fast paced "ninja" game.

Seeing as you are a space ninja, it makes sense to differentiate them from generics ninjas and even more so with faster movement...

After watching the devstream I'm hopeful but also worried.

The control you have looks Great and Please keep the wall cling!  What I didn't like was the look of the wall run and the double jump.

I feel like I'm going to miss the smooth animation of the original wall run. The hopping while running on a smooth wall looks strange to me.  Hopefully the animations will get polished to the point where I'll be satisfied.  I ask the devs to go to a mega trampoline place and try some wall running and jumping themselves.  No harm in exercise and fun!

Double jumping doesn't seem to fit in the warframe universe to me.  Using your weapon for the extra boost is what I'm used to.  I think we shouldn't have a double jump but an air dash.  You could still dash up and get the same effect but look more warframe.  If the double jump stays I may have to throw some old bit music in the background while I play.

I like this new parkour a lot more. Although I would make sprint speed going a little faster or maybe speed up overtime and maybe keeping your momentum after wall jumps. So if you start sprinting, then do a couple wall jumps which speeds you up and then you continue sprinting with even faster speed. Also vaulting/rail climbing need to have more quick and fluid animation, without getting stuck on a rail before actual climb.

You shouldn't have to play as Volt to go fast in a Ninja game.  Fast should be the default speed.  Volt is just for kicking it up to ludicrous speed.

Yes you have, if you want to go more fast than other, thats why warframe have different movement skills CC etc.

About a Ninja, the next mobility system its more like a balanced ninja way to play.

Not like the current Melee dominant system we have now. If DE increase the Running Speed, or speed on everything, people its going to complain again, for reasons...

wow ... like dude posts no freakin videos to show the viability and creative opportunity with 1.0 and doesnt at least provide a timestamp link to 2.0's showing within the devstream

I dont understand what do you say.

Yes you have, if you want to go more fast than other, thats why warframe have different movement skills CC etc.

About a Ninja, the next mobility system its more like a balanced ninja way to play.

Not like the current Melee dominant system we have now. If DE increase the Running Speed, or speed on everything, people its going to complain again, for reasons...

I dont understand what do you say.

he says that you havent posted any video showing the good from the current system, idk why, probably he didnt even read the OP

People are already complaining about how slow Parkour 2.slow is now.

Didn't see the video Reb was talking about on stream until now and I gotta say I really like it.

I'm well aware it's slower than coptering but IMO it's far more immersive and fun compared to flinging around like crazy.

How is being slow immersive? If anything it is less immersive because it is so slow, clunky, and out of place. Atmosphere aside, it being that slow is just going to get you killed in higher-leveled missions.