Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Parkour 2.0 Devstream 55 Feedback Megathread

Thalahssalyst

The concept gifs show way more speed and horizontal velocity than the demo did. Excalibur is launching at walls and enemies like a missile in the gifs. Pretty disappointed with how absent that element is in the demo.

The glitch this new parkour system is based off of is the horizontal wallrun launch. They seem to have missed the key element of it, which was the huge horizontal speed that was obtainable with it.

The concept gifs show way more speed and horizontal velocity than the demo did. Excalibur is launching at walls and enemies like a missile in the gifs. Pretty disappointed with how absent that element is in the demo.

The glitch this new parkour system is based off of is the horizontal wallrun launch. They seem to have missed the key element of it, which was the huge horizontal speed that was obtainable with it.

We have to remember that Rebbeca... wasn't that good at it.... I mean she tried but she kept missing where she wanted to grab onto. I think that the new parkour system will be faster than running but not as a fast as coptering.

How does that even matter if you can simply choose when to jump?

Because you'd be jumping just as often as the "bunny hop" Reb showed. 

Edit: Unless you mean the hopping between walls in a linear fashion, then sure, that'd be nice. 

Edited by Rexlars

Because there are literally no walls in Warframe where you could effectively use that sort of movement. In the gif, you can clearly see a long ! wall, which is ideal for the movement shown & it looks great & speedy. In-game however, there are absolutely no long flat surfaces for that to work on. There is always on obstruction jutting out from the wall or it's just plain too short of a wall.

I'm sorry...what game are you playing? There not everywhere but there are plenty of walls long enough to effectively run on.

We have to remember that Rebbeca... wasn't that good at it.... I mean she tried but she kept missing where she wanted to grab onto. I think that the new parkour system will be faster than running but not as a fast as coptering.

I hope you're right. I didn't see a lot of potential for speed though. I could be wrong tho.

I'm just afraid that they'll launch it and there won't be a way to obtain that speed and we'll be stuck with it.

I'm just afraid that they'll launch it and there won't be a way to obtain that speed and we'll be stuck with it.

Idk if you're aware, but there is this thing called patching where developed can edit content post-live. 

I hope you're right. I didn't see a lot of potential for speed though. I could be wrong tho.

if the gained momentum is too low we just have to ask for moar after all

To be honest I just think that going in a straight line following walls should still be possible. Change the animation or something, but that it looks a bit more like the current one. Every Tenno's head should hurt when running on walls like those Rebs did run on in the Void, with their heads breaking the roof!

TBH, jumping that way through walls to go (horizontally) in a straight line just seems off to me.

Edited by NightmareT12

YES.

The devstream's implementation of Parkour 2.0 bothered me a lot because there was a lot of vertical motion for every single movement. You get from A to B really nicely, as intended, but as you do so there's a crapton of bobbing up and down and up and down and up and down... It hardly feels ninjalike at all; this is Super Mario material.

I think they should increase the velocity of the wall leaps. This way we can cover the same distances between walls and platforms without having to rely on upwards motion. Basically, shooting between walls like a missile (as shown in the concept gifs) instead of relying on big, floaty jumps like goomba-stomping plumbers.

Faster, looks nicer, etc.

Idk if you're aware, but there is this thing called patching where developed can edit content post-live. 

Idk if you're aware, but DE has a history of implementing new features, making a few tweaks, and then moving on to something else.

first ppl cry about coptering, the dev's heard their cries and pleas, now they show parkour 2.0 and the same people that cried and plead for a nerf to coptering  start to whine about how stale and unnatural the new movement system works.

GG community GG

The QQ'ers and whiners have successfully killed what I consider to be a core mechanics of the game play, now they've moved on to crying and whining about how the new one looks. 

Granted ppl only b@(#* and whine when things to go their way, so taking that fact into consideration your ONLY seeing opinions from the player base that don't like coptering post and whine about it, the DEV"s are not taking into consideration the player base that likes the current movement and coptering system and consider it to be a major aspect of the core game play and enjoyment from playing WF

Parkour 2.0 is going to be a cold sad day in the WF universe. 

YES.

The devstream's implementation of Parkour 2.0 bothered me a lot because there was a lot of vertical motion for every single movement. You get from A to B really nicely, as intended, but as you do so there's a crapton of bobbing up and down and up and down and up and down... It hardly feels ninjalike at all; this is Super Mario material.

I think they should increase the velocity of the wall leaps. This way we can cover the same distances between walls and platforms without having to rely on upwards motion. Basically, shooting between walls like a missile (as shown in the concept gifs) instead of relying on big, floaty jumps like goomba-stomping plumbers.

Faster, looks nicer, etc.

What this guy said.

I wanna feel like I'm actually launching off of the walls, not doing continuous double jumps.

Is it really necesary to remove wall-running entirely? I mean in a last devstream wall-running was implemented almost seamelssly in the prototype of parkour 2.0 with wall-latching included.

The horizontal movement is just too slow and clunky (IMO), unable to properly compete with straight linear running and besides wall-running seems like a nice option for an easy horizontal movement rather than constantly hopping on the wall. Personally wall-run looks and feels much better (and cooler) than wall hopping and I think it can be integrated pretty well in the current system, at least for straight X/Y axis movements, not to mention it would most certainly help with the sorely needed speed that the demo lacked.

Wallrun doesn't need to go and IMO it shouldn't go.

They remove wall run, to leave away some tilesets reworks, wallruns stuck on  some place where are doors, and you movement stops, with wall hops, while "running" you change automatic between doors, and dont stuck.

Rebecca DEMOPLAY was without "rush mods"... You cant compare rebecca gameplay with experienced players (without offence)

She say that too.

One sec... They removed charged jumps?

Id give up a speedy, clunky parkour system anyday for something that feels free and weightless. 1 thing I would like to see though is slight directional movements while in mid air. It seems once you launch a certain direction you cant really adjust your course.

I made a quick video demonstrating the horizontal wallrun launch bug that the new parkour system is based on.

http://youtu.be/G6hTbW8m5LQ

The main thing that I didn't see in the demonstration is that horizontal speed. Now, if that was due to Rebecca's performance, that's fine, but something that allows us to fling ourselves like this is a must to maintain the enjoyment of the bug in the new system.

OK I think we can assume by now that Parkour 2.0 isn't going to be as fast as coptering though I am quite sure it is going to be as fast as the current parkour system. 

What I really like about it:

It is so much more tactical! Now that we can hug walls forever we can hug any wall forever and shoot and use abilities off it. It isn't abusable from what we have seen but it will help allot. This can allow us to get into vantage points and create more opportunities to get into positions to dominate the enemy. It could allow us to literally lock enemies into spawn without having to spam abilities that go through walls.

I can imagine in T4D getting on the wall and nuking the enemies as they come out of the spawn on a wall 50 meters away. This has a lot of possibilities and seems like a stealth buff to snipers.

It looks much more fun to use: It seems thousands of times easier to use than the parkour system now and it makes the game have a higher quality. If we had the Parkour 2.0 when I joined I would have loved the game 500% more. It looks easy, it looks fun, and it looks like something we could experiment with for a long time.

Stamina is gone! I don't have to explain this one.

What I really don't like about it:

The animations, the bunny hoping is sooo stupid looking. No offense to the animators but they could make it much better looking. I rather see the Tenno cartwheel over the wall than jump. I think the animations also make it look slower which is what is making people think it is slower as well. The system can't just be fast it has to look and feel fast.

The system looks tactical and fun, but doesn't look fast. DE you need to make the system look fast along with functional. 

Edited by Feallike

Overall impressions...

Love - Wall hanging, double jump, being able to jump from and latch to any surfaces.

Hate - The slow speed and the lack of coptering. I love using my Glaive prime to rush, dash and slice across levels and down tight corridors.

Is there no way to have both?

i like it. a lot smoother as well as more ninja like. A lot of people seem to forget we are ninjas not SR-71s.

I want to know what ninjas you have been looking at because in all the iterations of the word in regards to agility, as well as parkour in games in general, the current system feels much more like it than what we were shown.

Fast and fluid movement is what parkour is about, not slow bunny hopping. I like the higher degree of control and options, as well as latching (love it) but the current systems wins in terms of speed an fluidity, even without the wall fling. I don't know why the devs decided it had to be one way or another instead of both.

Would like to see the ability to remain 'Wall Clung' while hacking consoles.

(Basically leaving Laser traps on floors active but still hacking Console)

Upside down aka ceiling-cling would be most welcome (Even if only a Valkyr Ripline exclusive)

On a side-note regarding wall fling:

It would be nice if in Options, the choice was present to retain current tap to wall fling or the newly showcased wall cling.

If this was a toggle option: those whom want to retain the tap'n'touch wall fling currently present could. (Like auto-vault)

Would be nice if I can stick with wall fling until I get accustomed to the newer wall cling with hold-charge to wall-fling.