Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Parkour 2.0 Devstream 55 Feedback Megathread

Thalahssalyst

My only complaint is that I don't see anything DE can come up with that can cross the same distance in a similar timeframe. Yeah, fancy parkour, go go go... but here in Warframe we gotta go fast, and killing copter/directional air melee means we can't go fast (barring things like tailwind) so it's obvious people will be mad.

My only complaint is that I don't see anything DE can come up with that can cross the same distance in a similar timeframe. Yeah, fancy parkour, go go go... but here in Warframe we gotta go fast, and killing copter/directional air melee gmeans we can't go fast (barring things like tailwind) so it's obvious people will be mad.

I dont think flying around a whole map room in a second was ever in their game design ideas.

My only complaint here is that wallrunning is visually being replaced with hopping. I do not understand this decision and honestly walrunning looks much better than the silly hopping.

Steve said they took out running that way you wouldn't get stuck on little bumps and curves on the walls.

One thing he also said was that for gaps that only have one wall, that you would actually hop along it... not sure how that's going to work and even then it feels like running that they previously planned would be a bit more accurate than immdeitaly hopping somewhere.

Edited by Vaxillian

Parkour 2.0 don't know yet how it's gonna be working on ps4 but currently wall running and acurate shooting with directional movement is kind of impossible with use of controler. If it's going to so badly designed that will make my movements slower and not allowing me for effective escapes or/and change fast shooting position than ...unfortunately ...it's even hard to imagine for me but...that will be not so grand finale of warframe for me.

Coptering was fun, changing so good gameplay style, was giving so much flexibility in gameplay. Without it, hard to tell by now but from what i think and what i saw on devstream parkour 2.0 will be not even close to coptering!

Confirmed from Steve on Twitter Coptering is gone just like stamina...

Lets be honest, what do you think guys?

For me, it loos like awesome new mechanic with more balance, where movement is not based on your melee weapons its amazing...

Im happy, very happy, that that dumb mechanic is gone. It's extremely useful dont get me wrong, i just dont like swinging a weapon then suddenly flying a mile.

THANK GOD.

People actually resisting this change are quite... ugh, I just have no words for them. They're the type of people that prevent progress. 

They wanna have fun. It's fun to do, and there is no progress until something replaces it.

Dude...they didn't show the wall-to-wall hops last time because it looked awkward at the time. It may just be 4x as fast as coptering, and allows for fast movement with heavy weapons.

True. We have to wait till next devstream for the preview before we start haitin' :) just my opinion.

There have been only 2 streams discussing this, the last one and the one before.

The one before the last Scott clearly said stamina is gone because of people who cant learn to copter.

And we need a definition on what coptering are we getting. Because not being able to spin attack in the air while still being able to do it on the ground sound like it's not totally gone.

Why do you keep trying to make the stamina removal all about coptering? Stamina has been brought up before they mentioned coptering removal in streams. People asked will they remove it because it hinders Archwing's mobility(poor Elytron users), evasive maneuvers, and etc.

Confirmed from Steve on Twitter Coptering is gone just like stamina...

Lets be honest, what do you think guys?

For me, it loos like awesome new mechanic with more balance, where movement is not based on your melee weapons its amazing...

I'm Hyped

I dont think flying around a whole map room in a second was ever in their game design ideas.

It eventually became a necessity, though. Some maps are just pretty hilarious distances to cross, and not all of them have the priviledge of giving you a wall.

It eventually became a necessity, though. Some maps are just pretty hilarious distances to cross, and not all of them have the priviledge of giving you a wall.

The purpose of DE, i dont think it was "lets  create huge maps, so people can use that bug called coptering, and finish the mission on 2 minutes"

Yes... there is something wrong 

I don't see it as too much of a big deal but i mean it never made sense that you can move at light speeds with the help of a melee weapon, I know this a video game but come on if any weapon should be able to do this it should be the jat katag cause of the rocket propelling you forward. Movement will finally feel more natural and look a hell of a lot cooler than coptering.