Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Parkour 2.0 Devstream 55 Feedback Megathread

Thalahssalyst

From what we've seen so far the latest iteration of Parkour 2.0 is nowhere near as fast as coptering. Coptering being gone will make the game unplayably slow for anybody who's long bored of the repetitive corridors the game takes place in.

I see the people that pronounce Warframe's doom every few updates are out and about already.

There have been only 2 streams discussing this, the last one and the one before.

The one before the last Scott clearly said stamina is gone because of people who cant learn to copter.

I want to see a quote on that. I don't remember where that was even insinuated, although perhaps he meant it in terms of newbies not getting left behind--it's not difficult to copter once you know it exists.

I haven't experienced the apparent joy that was coptering having only started my play time in April of this year. That said, as I watched videos I found it to be interesting, but not really compelling for my play style. I like to look around the map, explore, break open crates and discover. All this Speedframe stuff is kind of lost on me really; I simply don't care about finishing the mission as quickly as possible because I sit down to play Warframe within the time I allocate for it. So what if I am suck in a mission for my entire play time, I enjoyed myself.

The slingshot thing sucks for me because I never expect it to happen when I am vaulting or wall climbing. When it does happen it is as disorienting for me as it is to be teleported into a slew of enemies by a Grinny Cmdr.

I want to see a quote on that. I don't remember where that was even insinuated, although perhaps he meant it in terms of newbies not getting left behind--it's not difficult to copter once you know it exists.

No, that was not it. That's what Mak_Gohae thinks it was for, but the simple truth is that stamina drain makes coptering the only proper way to keep moving.

Why not this: Coptering is kept, but now all weapons have a similar coptering distance, which would be less than or equal to the distance you can reach with Parkour, thus letting copter lovers appeased while still making skilled parkouring a more viable option.

You all miss the point. True coptering is about freestyle movement not speed.

But since many players think it's only about a to b in straight lines you really can't fathom what we are having removed

And auto locking from wall to wall at the press of a button is not skill

They did say it was about people who can't copter . Specifically players who use controllers I.e. console mostly.

There are plenty of ways to go fast but none that allow for such style and freedom

They're really making a big mistake

And for all of you that thinks it looks stupid and deserves being removed for that reason ... Doing two about faces along a wall rather than running down it doesn't?

You all miss the point. True coptering is about freestyle movement not speed.

I dont think about "freestyle"

It already have a BIG limit based on your melee weapon, there is not balance, be fast for your melee weapon and not for your warframe, there is not balance on a full moded melee weapon copter less than a unmodded..

There is no why that bug still exist on warframe, people liked it, ok, but now it is going to change, remember excalibur?

There was people who never like the idea of removal of super jump, but here we are, a new and amazing change on him...

And about coptering, nice time to fix it.

I dont see DE making one awesome movement "skilled" mechanic, just for being ignored for slide or air atacks... because some people liked it...

I was for removal of coptering since forever and i dont think we will lose anything if it is removed completely.

Only fear about Stamina 2.0 that i have is that we might end with something like "U10 stamina rework".

*shivers*

I was for removal of coptering since forever and i dont think we will lose anything if it is removed completely.

Only fear about Stamina 2.0 that i have is that we might end with something like "U10 stamina rework".

*shivers*

Dont worry about stamina, it is going to be removed

Balanced for what, people who like to be slow?

And bugs-turned-features have been a staple of very good games like Tribes.

I'm sorry, where's that AAA tribes game that's topping sales charts? 

(inb4 abandonware tribes ascend is used as an example)

They did say it was about people who can't copter . Specifically players who use controllers I.e. console mostly.

Hold Crouch button to slide -> Melee

What, exactly, is hard for a controller user for coptering?

With all due respect, it's the exact same number of buttons as a Keyboard uses. Hardly difficult whatsoever.