Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Parkour 2.0 Devstream 55 Feedback Megathread

Thalahssalyst

While I don't think the whole parkour 2.0 is going to fail. I can't stop wondering how they are going to implement it to wide use with the current tilesets warframe has. Most section of the maps require a few to none parkour moves to maneuver around the maps. 

Too much texts...

but anyways, i also feel something's kinda wrong with the new parkour system.

i rlly hate the auto climbing railing stuff

ill be slash n dashing around with excal, and i randomly climb stuffs, losing my momentum

back when he still got super jump, it also does the same thing after certain update.

it starts to climb stuffs up when i reaches the edge, losing my momentum.

p.s  sorry for my bad english

Has anyone here tried just sprinting/wallrunning through triton? Not so fun...

@ctangod just cause series has some great parkour for starters

Edited by ReaperGoneMad

if a system gets invalidated it probably doesn't need to be part of the game, coptering is effective and fun.

Uh, so lets just remove sprinting because people like you THINK coptering is fun? Are you serious?

Too much texts...

but anyways, i also feel something's kinda wrong with the new parkour system.

i rlly hate the auto climbing railing stuff

ill be slash n dashing around with excal, and i randomly climb stuffs, losing my momentum

back when he still got super jump, it also does the same thing after certain update.

it starts to climb stuffs up when i reaches the edge, losing my momentum.

p.s  sorry for my bad english

Check in your control settings for "auto vault over cover" turn it off, if you havent already. It might help.

So, with the upcoming addition to the parkour system many players feel that the removal of coptering was the staw that broke the camel's back, and to be fair supermaning across maps in a blink of an eye can be seen as OP (exploiting). But this additional "exploit" is what made warframe different from the generic third person shooter *stares at mass effect*. Now, back to the topic at hand... Parkour 2.0 will have its flaws for being a new system, presumably more falling through walls like in relays, but any new mechanic will need tweaks.

Now onto the problem. Tilesets... This has always been and always will be the bane of warframe. The jagged and complex designs of the walls will make parkour 2.0 completely and utterly pointless, and what i mean is running into a wall every five seconds or being thrown off a wall simply because it wasn't built to sustain such movement. Not to mention how utterly repetitive such tilesets are... Even a novice player with less than 5 hours of gameplay can memorize a tileset after his third run. If parkour 2.0 is going to outshine the current/old mechanic the game will also need a revised version of the tilesets to help further implement the system.   As for coptering being "muscle memory" i dont see how its any worse than holding down shift+w (which is what the average player will do in every freakin game).  The removal of stamina is like a breath of fresh air in a fart, people will ALWAYS try to get to the objective as quickly as possible especially with overly repetitive maps and RNG...

Being able fly through the air and slam down on unsuspecting enemies has always been a fun addition to the game even if it wasn't intended. Therefore I strongly believe removing coptering is like removing a cool aspect of the game. Thus I think that if DE wants to succeed with Parkour 2.0 they should have both the new system and a slightly nerfed coptering.

TL;DR, Not everyone is going to play the game the same way as another person would, therefore if parkour 2.0 is to succeed it needs to have both the new mechanic and a nerfed coptering to change up the aspect of the game as well as better/ less repetitive tilesets to complement the mechanic. It seems after every update the game slowly looses it's uniquity and becomes more of a CoD/ME3 fanboy's dream... 

I want you to go back and plays ME and CoD.

then come back play this

and say this again.

you cant

possibly belive any of this?

coptering literally serves no actual purpose, it doesnt make you aster, I can keep up with any coptr happy person by just running and jumping and using the wall running as it is now.

its literally just been an exploit for people to speed run all day

not sure if your aware

it seems most arent

finishing things as fast as possible inst what doing anything in the entire world is ever been about.

@Calwon5 the current tilesets don't really complement fluid movement, thus i have problems seeing it work flawlessly as well

@Slender i used these two references because both of which have a point and click playstyle, which seems fitting

Edited by ReaperGoneMad

coptering literally serves no actual purpose, it doesnt make you aster, I can keep up with any coptr happy person by just running and jumping and using the wall running as it is now.

not sure if your aware

it seems most arent

finishing things as fast as possible inst what doing anything in the entire world is ever been about.

Running and wall running will allow you to keep up with somebody who has berserker with the zorens or tipedo? Lol ok. 

You dont even need berserker. Take a scoliac or even a prisma skana with fury alone, and you will always be left in the dust. You cant honestly tell me that it serves literally no purpose, or that you can keep up with somebody coptering without coptering yourself. Thats a bold faced lie.

Edited by armedpoop

I want you to go back and plays ME and CoD.

then come back play this

and say this again.

you cant

possibly belive any of this?

not sure if your aware

it seems most arent

Personally, I want more stealth and reasons to use it.

If you have bothered to look over twitter or the devstreams they have changed Wall Running to Wall Hoping in order to prevent the frame getting stuck into all the bumps and ridges of the walls, you can now use enemies as launch pads, no more stamina system, slide attacks and directional air attacks are still there they just don't launch you further based on attack speed anymore.

Also if you think the current coptering is healthy to the game, you are wrong, because it invalidates a whole movement system and makes many many melee weapons useless because they can't copter.

Also, even now you can use walls for coptering, all you have to do is hold space enough to start the run but then release space and you'll be launched at high speed diagonaly or forwards (depends on wall), hell even the slide jump can be half as good as coptering right now.

Also, what other Third-Person Shooter lets you wall run so naturally ? ey ? What other Third-Person shooter doesn't glue you to a wall and instead trusts you to place cover between you and an enemy ? ey ? Thought so.

Well there is still a problem, as the OP said, the game is BORING without coptering because you have to do the same missions again and again just to get a damn item.

If they remove coptering we need something to go fast, because as said above too, warframes are supposed to be ninjas but while running they're slower than a tank.

Running and wall running will allow you to keep up with somebody who has berserker with the zorens or tipedo? Lol ok. 

You dont even need berserker. Take a scoliac or even a prisma skana with fury alone, and you will always be left in the dust. You cant honestly tell me that it serves literally no purpose, or that you can keep up with somebody coptering without coptering yourself. Thats a bold faced lie.

Jump sliding keeps up with anyone. At least never out of xp range.

Mainly thanks to how extremely super accurate map waypoints are and locked doors.

@CM how so by making the game more linear based? Then it takes away from another aspect of the game

@Tesseract an exploit that has been there for well over a year and they now decided to fix it? I'm sure they fixed viver faster than that lol

Edited by ReaperGoneMad

Do correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Scott say they were going to touch up all the tilesets to account for the new parkour system in the last Devstream? I don't think the tiles are going to be an issue.

They are always adding and changing old tiles, a room here or there.

Its that in the latest Dev stream they realized none of their current rooms ever make use of very long surfaces and ropes suck. Amazing revelation...

So they changed it to a ping pong system that speeds you up per jump to a set max speed making use of shorter surfaces with double jumps to help avoid random obstacles so current maps they have been tweaking for the past 2 years stay relevant. But still leaves new options to new rooms. Like bringing back vertical rooms. though the map still sucks.

Edited by Firetempest

The point is guys that they are looking to bring tons of melee weapons back into the fold while at the same time giving us a new tool for movement and even combat ALL WITH A SINGLE SYSTEM. While I am aware that many melee weapons will still not get used, that is more of an issue with melee still being non viable for the content that is most widely run. There will absolutely be a necessity that the developers remodel some assets within the various tilesets to more easily accommodate parkour bit that would be as easy as increasing the height of rooms in many cases to allow more wall upon which to move. The only thing we can do is wait and see exactly what all they roll out.

For the players that think this game is all about coptering, get a clue. This game is about being a supernatural soldier. It's not about who can spin the fastest to fly far.

Jump sliding keeps up with anyone. At least never out of xp range.

Mainly thanks to how extremely super accurate map waypoints are and locked doors.

None of this applies in survival or if at least 2 of your teammates are coptering. Jump sliding does NOT keep up with people who copter. Theres a mandatory pause in the jump to slide for no apparent reason. 

the generic third person shooter *stares at mass effect*. 

What did you say? Yes, it has its flaws, but i don't exactly see it as generic. Amazing story (for the most part): Check. Powers: Check. Memorable locations (again, for the most part): Check. Again, it has its flaws, but i barely see any "genericity" (that's a word, shut up). I could go on a full-blown rant, but i don't have the time for that. And this is suddenly completely off-topic :D

I kinda don't see what the fus and discussing is all about o_o..we didnt even see an ingame adaption of the parkour 2.0 (i dont think that those animation shown, show us the actual speed we'll have , or do they? im kinda a dummy in that) so i think that it is far too early to say that parkour 2.0 as a whole is a failure.

And this might just be me, but i think steve is just teasing us and coptering will stay - at least in a nerfed or incorporated way (i know he stated that it will go, but i would still wait to see an actual ingame demo)

i think he was referring to mass effect not warframe @reapergonemad and armedpoop

On topic unless something has changed since last devstream (and i guess ill find out friday most like) coptering is not being removed. repeating for emphasis, NOT being removed. It is however getting standardized to be 1 more consistent and 2 an actual feature rather than a bug or exploit. now unless i missed something or something has changed i think thats where we stand right now. we'll know for sure once its out and ready for us to use

guys, stop judging something before its even in your hands. Its like saying food youve never eaten is either the best ever or the worst thing and akin to eating crap. give it a chance to actually exist before you say its gonna ruin the game or some such.

EDIT: after a quick look around i see what people are dooming about exactly. and its the phrase 'coptering isnt really a thing in the new stuff'. i take that less as 'its gone' and more 'it doesnt work the way it does now'. my previous points still stand i feel

Edited by Caobie

The main problem is if the new copter is going to be less effective than shift+w its going to remove a large chunk of utility from melee weapons. To be noted, melee is used for coptering/healing via lifestrike/ when out of ammo (who doesn't have ammo plates?!?)

Edited by ReaperGoneMad

My main issue is this; 

Sprinting is slow for most frames. 
if every frame under 1.1 sprint speed was boosted to 1.1 then that's great. 

but if that boost off enemies heads is as great as it looks, then I must fly