Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Parkour 2.0 Devstream 55 Feedback Megathread

Thalahssalyst

Yes coptering shouldnt be flying, he means, this is not going to exist anymore...

Coptering%20example_zpsundqfu3e.gif

No Slide atacks...

And this is fine by me. Flying around the map like this, with tipedo, ceramic dagger and crit melee's is something strange. But this doesn't mean that normal coptering (like with BoP without any attackspeed mods) will be gone.

Confirmed from Steve on Twitter Coptering is gone just like stamina...

Lets be honest, what do you think guys?

For me, it loos like awesome new mechanic with more balance, where movement is not based on your melee weapons its amazing...

Post a link.

Who said it?

Everyone at DE has a Twitter account.

Edit-

editing image

And if you read his twitts...

Sin%20tiacutetulo_zps6rgpi2q2.png

Sin%20tiacutetulo_zps1on1amw5.png

They took out stamina because of the people that didnt know how to copter.

But adding new mobility that requires more skill?

They need to get their story straight.

Yes coptering shouldnt be flying, he means, this is not going to exist anymore...

Coptering%20example_zpsundqfu3e.gif

No Slide atacks...

???? Directional attacks.

That's basically the same thing.

To me coptering was the endless spin attacks and not the fact that you could do it while jumping.

So ... to me.... it doesnt look like coptering is going to change.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

They took out stamina because of the people that didnt know how to copter.

But adding new mobility that requires more skill?

They need to get their story straight.

???? Directional attacks.

That's basically the same thing.

To me coptering was the endless spin attacks and not the fact that you could do it while jumping.

So ... to me.... it doesnt look like coptering is going to change.

They are removing stamina because it is garbage and hinders everything, has nothing to do with coptering. New mobility is being added to make parkour have a use, so people don't have to rely on some gimmicky momentum bug. Directional melee is also having it's momentum fixed.

Edited by EmptyDevil

From what we've seen so far the latest iteration of Parkour 2.0 is nowhere near as fast as coptering. Coptering being gone will make the game unplayably slow for anybody who's long bored of the repetitive corridors the game takes place in.

:( That sux , well I have chosen to somersault in a ball forward to catch up with the tenno marathon (where if i dont , I dont get kills only loot). This is achieved by sliding and then hitting the space for jump. If I somersault , and then do E I can then slash enemies while in the air. I hope this wont change, because it is fun, and I just developed skill to fling myself around avoiding to be hit. 

Coptering never was hard to do...

This new system is more "skillfully" change.

Chaining wall runs with copter while changing direction mid air is fun for me and I would say not easily learned

I don't see how automatically snapping to walls you aim at is requiring more skill

:( That sux , well I have chosen to somersault in a ball forward to catch up with the tenno marathon (where if i dont , I dont get kills only loot). This is achieved by sliding and then hitting the space for jump. If I somersault , and then do E I can then slash enemies while in the air. I hope this wont change, because it is fun, and I just developed skill to fling myself around avoiding to be hit.

Iirc slide jumping gets an adjustment as well as air melee

They are removing stamina because it is garbage and hinders everything, has nothing to do with coptering. New mobility is being added to make parkour have a use, so people don't have to rely on some gimmicky momentum bug. Directional melee is also having it's momentum fixed.

Scott clearly said in the stream before the last stamina was being taken away because of people who did not learn how to copter.

And coptering ceased being a bug when it was applied to all weapons.

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Removed hidden post

Coptering being gone will make the game unplayably slow for anybody who's long bored of the repetitive corridors the game takes place in.

Remember that you will have unlimited sprint.

I think that will compensate.

-starts cheering-

Finally it is finally gone! Good riddance. The new Parkour System should be faster than Coptering anyway... If used right. The only downside to this is that now instead of spamming 3 buttons you have to use timing and actual skill to go fast.... wait is that a downside?

Scott clearly said in the stream before the last stamina was being taken away because of people who did not learn how to copter.

And coptering ceased being a bug when it was applied to all weapons.

Coptering is ONE of the reasons, not the sole reason it is being removed. It is a bug because it is weapon/attack speed dependent on the fling/momentum. If all weapons could fling you across the map, then your statement would be valid. 

Sprint is stil prety slow though :(

While coptering is so straight that sometimes I joked abnout it with my friends saying:

It would be awesome to see you crushing against the wall starting a bleedout "X is down"

Coptering is ONE of the reasons, not the sole reason it is being removed.

That's the ONE reason they have given.

It is a bug because it is weapon/attack speed dependent on the fling/momentum.

No, that's a feature.

Copter as a bug was only when the D Zorens had the ability, and maybe something else.

DE adopted that bug and added to all weapons then balanced it. That's when it ceased being a bug.

If all weapons could fling you across the map, then your statement would be valid.

They can fling you across the map, but they are balanced so there are distance differences.

That's the ONE reason they have given.

No, that's a feature.

Copter as a bug was only when the D Zorens had the ability, and maybe something else.

DE adopted that bug and added to all weapons then balanced it. That's when it ceased being a bug.

They can fling you across the map, but they are balanced so there are distance differences.

You must have missed a few streams then. Either way, coptering fling is going to be gone.

You must have missed a few streams then. Either way, coptering fling is going to be gone.

There have been only 2 streams discussing this, the last one and the one before.

The one before the last Scott clearly said stamina is gone because of people who cant learn to copter.

And we need a definition on what coptering are we getting. Because not being able to spin attack in the air while still being able to do it on the ground sound like it's not totally gone.