Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reliant213

I can understand where you're coming from, and I use Steel Charge/Speed Holster myself; but, heres the thing: Its not as simple as just 6 energy per 10 seconds. I rarely use the aura, but I largely only use it on frames that require a high power duration to begin with that doesn't stop energy generation. So if I use a Warframe like Loki with a ~25 second cloak, I would run Energy Siphon to negate the 12.5 energy cost, making it a virtually free cast allowing me to use the energy pickups for Decoy, Radial Disarm, or Switch Teleport.

Edit: Not all duration based frames on my account use it though. On Banshee I swap it out for Speed Holster due to running 95% power duration, as I optimize the stats for increased power strength and range, making the .6 energy per second lest cost effective.

Edited by SagamiYusuke

Also, to throw in my two cents, it's a combination of usefulness and convenience when it comes to Energy Siphon vs. Anything Scavenger.

Yes, there are energy pads.

But there are also ammo pads, so I'm going to negate the argument of "pads are more useful" with that.

The golden argument here is that not everyone will be carrying around the same weapon type. Some might be using bows, others will be using rifles, some will be using their pistols, others will be using highly ammo efficient weapons. There is no one scavenger mod that can account for everyone's weapon preference.

However, it is ALWAYS useful to have energy. Even if it's a slow increase, it means that I AM constantly gaining energy as I play, and as someone who mains Zephyr, that's incredibly useful to me. That's a Turbulence that can save my arse, or a Tail Wind to help me avoid a sticky situation, or even a Tornado to CC enemies. There is no situation where it's not useful, excluding the "well, you'll run into Energy Leech Eximus units or Energy-draining Doors" argument because that's literally super insignificant on the broad scale.

Edited by Nishmo

You're not considering the fact that a lot of people have efficiency on. Some people have max efficiency, making powers 6 energy to cast.

I agree that there are a few auras that are probably better. But Rifle scavenger? Don't need it when I have ammo mutation.

As does Rifle Scavenger.

I run bows or Secondaries as my primary damage. All rifle scavenger does is nothing. Whereas if that person was running Siphon, I'd actually gain some benefit from it.

Same reason I don't run pistol scavenger, I don't wanna be that one douchebag using an aura just for himself. The only scavenger mod that'd actually be globally useful (assuming everyone is running mutation like they should) is sniper, because it gives higher conversion gains. And even then I'd still prefer them (and myself) run Corrosive over Scavenger.

To be honest most of the time i find ammo easily for my dread ( i am a bow user) and i almost like 99% never go out on ammo there, even if i somehow did then i can fight off some enemies with my melee till i get some ammo back then go on but as i stated i never go out off ammo on my bow so whats left for me? Steel charge? well i am not really a fan of melee...

Rejuvenation? yea i use it on some of my frame like frost prime because of the polarity and because it gives some good health regain that can help in some late levels against poison etc..

But yea the only thing that i can go back is energy siphon as it basically gives me energy for free while i am relaxing and shooting enemies so i don't just have to pop up an energy pad every 20 seconds or go running around searching for energy orbs, oh and also if i am planning on going for some high lvl missions i take cp as its just awesome there.

Tl;dr: I use energy siphon and cp most of the time as they are my best options at the moment (because i don't suffer any problems from ammo and i am just not a fan of melee to go steel charge) , and i sometimes use Rej because of it's polarity for some of my frames.

If you want to talk pug teams on low level content where you don't know anything about the other players or what they are bringing, which seems to be what's going on given how many times some flavor of "but only in premeditated teams" has come up , then I suggest Rejuvenation is the best aura you can have. There's only 2.5 warframes that can heal team mates, so odds are on your side that you don't have one on your team.  Three HP/second will take the edge off toxin and bleed procs and keep your squad of ugly ducklings going better than anything else.

EnergySiphonModU145.png

What's this?

A measly 0.6 POWER RATE?! (WHICH ACTUALLY MEANS 0.6 ENERGY PER SECOND?!)

That means every 10 seconds, you're getting a whopping total of...

*drumroll ensuses*

6 energy.

Extremely underwhelming.

That means, in about half a minute, you get enough energy for your first power.

Woo!

wait ... wait i can stay perma invis  with loki with some energy gain ... isnt that just op?

I make sure in solo situations my duration-related abilities are efficient such that I can use them, and once they're finished I still have the same amount of energy due to the use of Energy Siphon...

If I wanted more rifle ammo, I'd use a mutation mod?

And... because realistically speaking Rejuvenation or Energy Siphon are the absolutely hands down best auras to run Archwing in.

(Yes yes I know that only applies to those that actually run that content, but there it is...)

As does Rifle Scavenger.

Rifle scavenger helps people with rifles. Admittedly, that's a lot of people, but still. :P

Energy Siphon and that one Health Regen aura help everyone regardless of their weapon status, enemy faced, and etc.

The scavenger auras were rendered obsolete with ammo mutations.

Energy Siphon is incredibly useful in long runs with frames that rely heavily on abilities to take control, Nyx and Nova for example.

After say, wave 15, in a defense mission energy orbs become less and less common. Even a single Energy Siphon can be an immense help. When you have multiple Energy Siphons, you will have a constant supply of energy to supplement the growing scarcity of energy orbs.

That is why I still use Energy Siphon, and will continue to use it.

Facepalm

What if My entire team is using Snipers, Shotguns, Bows? Then Rifle Scavenger does nothing except buff you.

Do you want to be labeled by the community as a selfish communist? No? Then use Infested Impedance, it is the most powerful mod, And it catches those Parasitic Eximus Platoons offguard!

Plus if all 4 squadmates have it you get a mess load

Because why would I need more ammo when I can press 1 button to obliterate an entire room and the distant relatives of everyone in that room at the same time? 

With max eff you barely need any energy to use your abilities, so when enemies get to the point that they stop dropping orbs as regularly, that slow regen still lets you use your abilities. It helps dull the pain of *@##$y RNG not giving you energy drops.

Besides, I use a Soma prime with fire rate increasing mods and I rarely struggle with ammo. If ammo really is a problem for you, use an ammo mutation mod. They're pretty much better in every way, you take a slight hit to your damage, but you get borderline infinite ammo + regenerating energy. 

Edited by DecapitatingJim

Energy Siphon is better. You can just slot Rifle Ammo mutation into a gun if you need ammo that badly, but honestly, unless you are using an Amprex, ammo should never be an issue for rifles.

Also:

0.6 * 4 =  2.4

100 / 2.4 41.7

So every 42 seconds or so you can cast an ultimate even if you find no orbs and have no energy efficiency mods equipped. It becomes even more ridiculous once you factor in efficiency. Very handy for skill spamming or restoring energy after you get energy drained. The only mode that comes close to being this useful is Corrosive Projection if all 4 members of your squad use it.