Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Is Getting Boring And Boring Endless Grind

AlienRoMe

And when you something you deserve it and you don't get it?

-after you play that for a week?

Can you call that an objective?

Or a ridiculous waste of time?

If I enjoy the gameplay itself then yes, it's still an objective. Regardless of how long it takes to get to said objective as long as the gameplay is still fun and engaging then it keeps from being a grind.

I wont even bother when you have missed whole point thanks anyway and already have loki system and loki prime.

What point did I miss? And Loki was just an example.

DE doesn't force you to get Prime items because they will/might be vaulted. You want to get said Prime items because you want them.

You're not forced to get Baro's items. His items rotate so if you miss then you can still get them at a later date.

Neither of these forcibly take away your freedom to do what you want in the game. If you want the items and only want the items then you're forcing yourself into a grind. DE doesn't force you to have any wants, they present things that you might want.

Edited by trst

If I enjoy the gameplay itself then yes, it's still an objective. Regardless of how long it takes to get to said objective as long as the gameplay is still fun and engaging then it keeps from being a grind.

DE doesn't force you to get Prime items because they will/might be vaulted. You want to get said Prime items because you want them.

You're not forced to get Baro's items. His items rotate so if you miss then you can still get them at a later date.

Neither of these forcibly take away your freedom to do what you want in the game. If you want the items and only want the items then you're forcing yourself into a grind. DE doesn't force you to have any wants, they present things that you might want.

Tl;dr:

If you want something enough, you're willing to drop money on it, or spend enough time to get it.

Something relatable (though not entirely) to what we do in the real world, how about that!

Edited by (PS4)Skyfir51

If I enjoye the gameplay itself then yes, it's still an objective. Regardless of how long it takes to get to said objective as long as the gameplay is still fun and engaging then it keeps from being a grind.

I want prime stuff, but dont want to do it today maybe i farm next week and do other things now. 

I dont want to farm ducats now, but maybe next week.

Oh S#&$ prime stuff got vaulted. But i had a choice. I could have farmed void after void after void. Wheres the choice?

Oh S#&$ baros items come and went away. But i had a choice.  I could have farmed void after void after void. Wheres the choice?

DE is forcing you to farm those things because they are taking choice away because you cannot freely farm those when you want.

When it comes to new players there are plenty of other things to do other than void after void. Players should always have a choice how they spend their time while playing the game (core gameplay).  "Normal" players have barely time to do anything else than void in this game.

If you missed my point then you are missing it now mostlikely, but hey if you are one those players who want to miss baros and prime stuff because of vaulting then you have choice people who dont want to miss those items there is no other choice than farm void after void.

There is no reason why prime stuff gets vaulted. There could be multiple loot tables and playes chooses table when goes into void.

Theres no reason why baros vaults stuff and doesnt stock with higher price after first week.

Edited by Sompero

I want prime stuff, but dont want to do it today maybe i farm next week and do other things now. 

I dont want to farm ducats now, but maybe next week.

Oh S#&$ prime stuff got vaulted. But i had a choice. I could have farmed void after void after void. Wheres the choice?

Oh S#&$ baros items come and went away. But i had a choice.  I could have farmed void after void after void. Wheres the choice?

DE is forcing you to farm those things because they are taking choice away because you cannot freely farm those when you want.

When it comes to new players there are plenty of other things to do other than void after void. Players should always have a choice how they spend their time while playing the game (core gameplay).  "Normal" players have barely time to do anything else than void in this game.

If you missed my point then you are missing it now mostlikely, but hey if you are one those players who want to miss baros and prime stuff because of vaulting then you have choice people who dont want to miss those items there is no other choice than farm void after void.

There is no reason why prime stuff gets vaulted. There could be multiple loot tables and playes chooses table when goes into void.

Theres no reason why baros vaults stuff and doesnt stock with higher price after first week.

Again, it all comes down to you wanting said items. DE didn't make you want them nor are they forcing you to grind for them.

Even if things are (or seem like they are) time-limited it is still your choice what to do with your time. If you don't have the time to get said thems then it's still not DE's fault for making things time-limited but rather the fault of you not having the time to fufil your own wants.

And if I was still missing your point then what was it, that players with jobs/school don't have time for these thus DE is forcing you to spend your time doing certan things? Because your first post I quoted only refered to "normal" players which is a rather vauge term. Plus there are still players with jobs/school and can enjoy playing how they want.

Edited by trst

Again, it all comes down to you wanting said items. DE didn't make you want them nor are they forcing you to grind for them.

Even if things are (or seem like they are) time-limited it is still your choice what to do with your time. If you don't have the time to get said thems then it's still not DE's fault for making things time-limited but rather the fault of you not having the time to fufil your own wants.

And if I was still missing your point then what was it, that players with jobs/school don't have time for these thus DE is forcing you to spend your time doing certan things? Because your first post I quoted only refered to "normal" players which is a rather vauge term. Plus there are still players with jobs/school and can enjoy playing how they want.

If you cant find difference between initial choice wanting or not and choice in when then you are moron. Void takes large part of normal players gameplay time (because ducats and vaulted prime stuff) and there is very little left for rest of the game and if you cant find problem in it then you are even bigger moron.

Keep enjoying endless grinds that will get reduced tm (increased even more like it has) then go ahead there plenty of who arent happy with current state of void after void grind or rest of the game.

Time-limited stuff is what is most wrong in this game i would understant if those would be special events, but like now TA competes Baros and Prime stuff (void) gameplay time because all off those are time-limited and top of each other. Not everythig in this game should be time-limited. Core gameplay should be play how when you want on top of that special time-limited TAs and event and so on.

Almost everything evolves around time-limited stuff. But DE must make plat sales somehow because its not like almost everything has plat sign already.

And i am done with this topic. You can have yours opinion  i keep mines.

Edited by Sompero

If you cant find difference between initial choice wanting or not and choice in when then you are moron. Void takes large part of normal players gameplay time (because ducats and vaulted prime stuff) and there is very little left for rest of the game and if you cant find problem in it then you are even bigger moron.

Keep enjoying endless grinds that will get reduced tm (increased even more like it has) then go ahead there plenty of who arent happy with current state of void after void grind or rest of the game.

Time-limited stuff is what is most wrong in this game i would understant if those would be special events, but like now TA competes Baros and Prime stuff (void) gameplay time because all off those are time-limited and top of each other. Not everythig in this game should be time-limited. Core gameplay should be play how when you want on top of that special time-limited TAs and event and so on.

Almost everything evolves around time-limited stuff. But DE must make plat sales somehow because its not like almost everything has plat sign already.

And i am done with this topic. You can have yours opinion  i keep mines.

Well you don't always have to grind "void after void", as you say it, you can always grind real money :D. Use real money to buy platinum, to buy whatever prime you wanted to buy or mod/weapon from Baro.

What's the difference between grinding in the void, and grinding IRL. Nothing, you do the same thing over and over again, for what? To earn for whatever it is that you want/need. IRL there are also time-limited items, such as the computer that you always wanted went on a sale or a limited stock only of this or that(just examples don't take literally). Aww you missed it cause you weren't able to earn enough.

FACE IT! That's life! You can't always get what you want.

Edited by secret9005

Well you don't always have to grind "void after void", as you say it, you can always grind real money :D. Use real money to buy platinum, to buy whatever prime you wanted to buy or mod/weapon from Baro.

What's the difference between grinding in the void, and grinding IRL. Nothing, you do the same thing over and over again, for what? To earn for whatever it is that you want/need. IRL there are also time-limited items, such as the computer that you always wanted went on a sale or a limited stock only of this or that(just examples don't take literally). Aww you missed it cause you weren't able to earn enough.

FACE IT! That's life! You can't always get what you want.

Video game should not be second job that pays for nothing else than splitted hairs and baldess. Already have a job dont want a second one so because DE pays me nothing i may have quit. I am not going to log my gameplay time so i can only have time to run void week after weeks when there is other stuff also like arcwing and i havent even played that exept for limbo and random alerts. There are too many grindy time-limeted features examp. void) and if i skip void theres goes baros items (and most likely certain prime stuff) there is no clue when those will came back again.

Make void non-time limited and allow players do what they want with their gameplay hours.

Edited by Sompero

All games suffer from this. No game can be played forever keeping everything feeling fresh and new. If you tire of Warframe, take a break, and come back later.

Taking break from WF isnt really option if you want to keep up with time-limited stuff and already took +2 years and what i have missed and when will those come back if ever? Like now slash set drop rate is joke. Instead of tying to farm slash set i could have spend those +10 hours farm void for ducats at least i would have gotten something for next baros time-limited stuff.

If i take take break it will after revamp of starchart and see how that will change things, but i think i have learned my mistake coming back earlier break old dog cannot learn new tricks.

Instead DE focusing "fixing" "special groups with special farming methods" they should fix cause of the problem not the effect. Because removeing effect doesnt fix cause. People will find second best thing if cause is still there. I am not saying there isnt problem with effect if cause is fixed, but until it i have to say nothing to see with current meta. If you do it i am not blaming you.

Edited by Sompero

Because when you hit mr 8 you have done everything atleast hundred times already.

DE forces players to grind void non stop because they keep vaulting prime stuff

For two-something years I have been here, they vaulted exactly prime stuff exactly once.

Do say, how exactly that transforms into "Keep doing that constantly".

Also, Baro cycles his items. Numerous items already appeared twice or thrice.

Then you are lucky to have nice amount pile of ducats. I can barely do yet another void mission when it comes to ducat farm so i can barely keep up the amount ducats required. I would do something else than void, but i get burned in few hours farming void. Like i sayed DE doesnt give players choice how they spend their gameplay hours. I would gladly take a break from void if that would not lead to missing out trader stuff or prime items because vaulting.

Maybe i just need to take another two year break from the game maybe then game has gone past "beta".

The game isn't a real beta, but they will never stop calling it a beta because it's too convenient of an excuse. They will only call it finished right before they abandon it.

it's important to want to play Warframe just for the sake of playing it.

wanting to play it for getting things - is a downward spiral the burns people out of every Video Game, not exceptions.

if you don't really enjoy playing Warframe just for playing it, i recommend trying to find way(s) to do so.

This^

I also don't think that this is a good game to have as your only game if you are a moderate to heavy gamer.

It lacks the wealth of diverse content to feed that need, imo.

Posts from people with barely a post count of 10 char started 9th of april 2015 and 29 of april and already bored or burned out .....thanks guys please ignore the trolls.....

"Your opinion doesn't matter because you're new and don't make speeches!"

It's not in Beta anymore, period.

Its a valid excuse as things can drastically change. There are two big reworks coming soon that change the way the game is played in big ways. its NOT just expansion content being created.

They just reworked their title character- NOTHING is set in stone and subject to change. The easiest way to convey the idea that things are not where they want it to be and that they are not "done" creating the game and new systems is to just call it Beta.

Edited by Hypernaut1

I have hours of fun making myself look cool by mixing and matching attachments, colors.

I have hours of fun trying to break my own solo survival and defense records.

I have hours of fun playing high level stuff without having to use revives.

I have hours of fun testing builds, going crazy with mods.

I have hours of fun helping newbies, unlocking the starchart, walking them through quests.

I have hours of fun jogging people through raids on their first times.

I have hours of fun gifting newbies with their gear-essentials.

I have hours of fun giving newbies advice on their play.

I have hours of fun finding and noting bugs.

I have hours of fun RP-ing.

I have hours of fun leveling new weapons, trying new augments.

I have hours of fun chatting with clanmates, doing missions with them, welcoming new clanmates.

I have been playing for two and a half years.

That's a lot of hours of fun, don't you think? :)

it's important to want to play Warframe just for the sake of playing it.

wanting to play it for getting things - is a downward spiral the burns people out of every Video Game, not no exceptions.

if you don't really enjoy playing Warframe just for playing it, i recommend trying to find way(s) to do so.

Edit:

typo.

Steps to having fun;

Ignore the meta. 

Do what you feel like doing, and slowly work for your goal instead of mindlessly grinding it.

Enjoy what DE has put in to the game. (I.E. tile sets and animations) (That sea lab tile set, i took nice and slowly and explored <3) 

Join a clan, help newbies, or even make a clan of your own and design a whole dojo to your liking. 

Get your friends in to the game, and play together, show them the ropes, help them get new gear.

Wait or prepare for upcoming content

follow the devstreams

Lurk the forums 

I'm MR17, almost 18, and still having a good time.

The game is a grind if you only view it as a grind.

I just went and got all the Ducats for the Prisma Arrow earlier today and not once did I get bored because I was enjoying just playing the game.

Having an end goal in mind for why you're playing is a good way to have direction but if you're only playing because you want the end goal than you'll likely end up in a grind.

Same goes for Prime items. If you run Void only for the weapons/frames then it'll be a grind for you. Playing Void because you want to run Void keeps it from being grindy.

However, if you can't find the 'want' to play then you're either burnt out, lacking direction, or just not all that interested in the game itself.

This is so annoying.

DE does not force you to play for any reason. DESteve ain't holding a Lato to your head and shouting "Run t4 Defence untill you get a Loki Prime System!".

You play because you want something out of the game. The wants you have are not the result of anything DE does. DE simply takes actions upon the game and you're response to them gives you your own 'wants'.

I did get burnt out and bored once or twice. I used to love to run long Survivals and Defence missions, but I just can't stand them anymore. While I like Warframe, it's more of a side game, one I play every few days or couple of weeks for a little while. I love this game, but there's still a lot I hate too. If you're not having fun, stop playing and take a break. Do you really need that Prime part or mod if it makes you so miserable? Primed mods and Prisma items aren't really worth it unless you really want to min/max.

I did get burnt out and bored once or twice. I used to love to run long Survivals and Defence missions, but I just can't stand them anymore. While I like Warframe, it's more of a side game, one I play every few days or couple of weeks for a little while. I love this game, but there's still a lot I hate too. If you're not having fun, stop playing and take a break. Do you really need that Prime part or mod if it makes you so miserable? Primed mods and Prisma items aren't really worth it unless you really want to min/max.

Do you really need that prime part/baro stuff? This is a good question to ask to yourself.

Video game should not be second job that pays for nothing else than splitted hairs and baldess. Already have a job dont want a second one so because DE pays me nothing i may have quit. I am not going to log my gameplay time so i can only have time to run void week after weeks when there is other stuff also like arcwing and i havent even played that exept for limbo and random alerts. There are too many grindy time-limeted features examp. void) and if i skip void theres goes baros items (and most likely certain prime stuff) there is no clue when those will came back again.

Make void non-time limited and allow players do what they want with their gameplay hours.

You fail to see our point, as of now the only vaulted one is Frost and his related gear, they announced that and gave an amount of time for you to farm it didn't they? As for the other prime items none have been said to disappear yet, though might be soon so you better farm them (not grind just plain farm) if you really need it. And as the others have said Baro resells the stuff giving you plenty of time to farm for it not just void after void, yes it may take months but hey you really wanted it right? It's not as if it would disappear forever. Just like the Prisma Veritux that just reappeared.

If these things disappear forever then you can complain. There is a chance for these vaulted and baro stuff to comeback you just gotta wait, and while waiting you can manage your time to farm other stuffs/ void first then do whatever it is that you want.

Edited by secret9005

I have nothing really to do.

Farmed all the Primed stuff while chances were still equal. Formad all Warframes atleast to 4-5 polarities and I'm even prepared for the elusive primed streamline. Formad many weapons (way before Draco but some on Draco too). 4 Syndicates maxed. All Mods except Four Riders and PvP mods. Man I even have every Sigil from those 4 Syndicates. Everything from Simaris too.

But I can't imagine how painful the grind must be today when you start new with these super low Dropchances. At least you can farm materials easy with pull mag (oops getting nerfed). As long as they don't nerf Draco, then you can at least level quite easy. Don't quote me with "Vindictus is even worse, get over it".