Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excaliburfanart

ReckonStellar

hey guys, I've been wanting to show my appreciation for this game for a while now, more specifically for my favourite frame aswell. 

As part of of set I wanted to try to convey a story featuring Excalibur, or rather the first Excalibur to be awakened.

The setting is on mars after an emergency crash landing whereby a Tenno retrieves the Cephalon core from his crashed Liset hoping to make sense of the world around him and the memories he has lost. To keep the Tenno awakening secret from the enemy occupants, he dons a ravaged piece of cloth as a makeshift cowl to hide the obvious appearance of his warframe. 

tumblr_nqmnwu9mJi1t1lahto1_1280.jpg

A current Wip of the fire spreading within the liset after core retrieval. 

tumblr_nqmr5xW1BJ1t1lahto1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nq3qi5npmJ1t1lahto1_1280.jpg

I wanted to develop a bit more lore on this story by making a short fan comic, please voice if you like this idea as I'm on the fence about it. Any comment, crit or idea is appreciated :)
Also I was extremely surprised and excited to see one of my paintings on prime time (I didn't know tumblr blogs were browsed also) that was really awesome and thankyou for picking my painting :) 
You can also see the images on my blog with different iterations at http://dominicdalsemeblog.tumblr.com/

Edited by ReckonStellar

This sounds amazing, and your art is beautiful. I like how you've put so much detail into his arm and leg plates, really gives his armor a protective appearance.

Not to mention you used the tattered desert shroud, awesomeness in a nutshell lol.

One thing I'm noticing though, in the Mars crash scene. Excal's walk seems a little feminine, but it could just be my eyes going crazy :P

I'd love to see where you take this.

Edited by Aoden

One thing I'm noticing though, in the Mars crash scene. Excal's walk seems a little feminine, but it could just be my eyes going crazy :P

Clearly that's just because it's a female Tenno occupying that frame - or he forgot to take of his Mirage noble stance.

Those are pretty badass, as for the lore you should totally do it. I for one would be interested to see how it goes, overall keep up the good work. :)

Agreed, this is good stuff. I'd love to see a Warframe comic with this kind of art.

It was the original purpose of the pieces, its's just finding the time to do it, but it is definitely something I'd like to give a shot and explore.

This sounds amazing, and your art is beautiful. I like how you've put so much detail into his arm and leg plates, really gives his armor a protective appearance.

Not to mention you used the tattered desert shroud, awesomeness in a nutshell lol.

I'd love to see where you take this.

Thanks very much! :D and looking at it your not wrong about the pose, I was trying to get a dainty pose for him that suggested the speed and agility of a ninja without the active appearance of something like the 3rd one, or perhaps Morec0's right ;P

Pretty damn good.

That cowl doesn't really hide the Warframe at all. But whatever, it looks pretty badass.

Your damn right! :D

Thanks to everyone for the responses, its great to see such positive feedback :D