Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

All Right Who's Mad At Independence Day 2 Being Made?

OverlordMcGeek

there making a second one.... 

it better have will smith

sadly it doesnt :(

and while im sure it will be a bad movie (i also may get a surprise) i do not understand that "they destroyed the first movie with the second" they are different movies. For example, Pulse (conexion) its a horror movie i actually like a lot. It has sequels, all of which are very bad, but those sequels didnt destroyed my experience with the first movie

Edited by Rayden_Tenno

Twenty years after the events of the first film, the international community recovers and builds up Earth's defenses using technology salvaged from remains of the alien forces. However, the aliens were able to send a distress signal before their final defeat, which results in a new task force of alien ships coming to Earth and threatening the human race once more.

Seems like version 2.0 will have the  world in ruin with us somehow reverse engineering tech that is far beyond us to fight them without the unpredictability of basic fighter jets that made the first movie's combat shine.

Better a sequel than a reboot. We have too many reboots and reimagined films. Sequels at least offer a continued journey in that world that was created originally. Hopefully with this one they can still make it an enjoyable film that does not try to completely copy its predecessor.

Ok. Need to break that last post down.

Twenty years after the events of the first film,

Direct sequel. Eww.

using technology salvaged from remains of the alien forces.

It took what? 20 years for jets to be mimicked from tech from people 5-10 years more advance than us that write in a language we know using the exact materials like us? 

which results in a new task force of alien ships

Quote from movie numero 1:

"...their whole civilization."-President Thomas Whitmore

So their civilization as a whole was destroyed.

Edited by OverlordMcGeek