Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vectis Prime~ You Took Away The One Unique Thing About It.

Fullmetal_Underpants

the fact that you use two different builds for the weapons means any comparisons with damage are useless numbers. In order for these numbers to mean anything, they would have to use the SAME builds. 

Not really. Depleted Reload was meant as bandaid for Players who want Vectis Prime to have 1 bullet. So i used this in my regular Vectis build instead of Hellfire. Other players can have in this slot Metal Auger, Shred or something else. Whatever it take's away 1 mod slot which many players wouldnt use for reload speed mod so this i a fair comparision, cause you NEED depleted reload to make full use of quick reloads and charged/primed chamber.

Any word from DE about this? Still wondering if I should start building my vectis and forma'ing it again...

I remember someone mentioning that they saw on either Twitter or Reddit one of the devs saying that they are not done looking at the Vectis Prime. So it's probable that they knew that Depleted Reload would be a band aid but wanted to give us something now as they has a LOT to work on in U17. 

• 2 weeks later...

So people actually dont like the 2 shot Vectis P?

No. It does something like 20-30% less dps than the regular Vectis. And that's WITHOUT the reload 'trick'. Vectis-1 shot, 1 kill (or 3 kills if you use punchthrough like I do). "Vectis" prime-2 shots, maybe a kill. Our problem is that the 2 bullets removes what makes the Vectis a fun and interesting weapon (as well as the usefulness of charged/primed chamber), unless you're willing to spend precious mod slots to "fix" it. And if you burn a mod slot to add charged/primed, you better be adding primed chamber, or you're losing too much DPS getting the Vectis back down to 1 shot.

• 1 month later...

If the Vectis Prime is supposed to be the shiny golden child of the Orokin era, would it not be easier to hack the Primed Chamber Mod to function on BOTH shots from the Vectis Prime, and when people ask how the heck does that work, we slap them in the head and say "space magic"?

You could also use the new Alternate Fire key we now have and make it that when that key is used, the Vectis Prime auto reloads itself with an  improved reload time rather then move on the second shot, then everyone that installs Primed/Charged Chamber has the same behavior, and people that don't have it keep a 2 shot Vectis, basically what the Depleated Roload Mod does, but BUILT INTO the Vectis Prime.

You could also use the new Alternate Fire key we now have and make it that when that key is used, the Vectis Prime auto reloads itself with an  improved reload time rather then move on the second shot, then everyone that installs Primed/Charged Chamber has the same behavior, and people that don't have it keep a 2 shot Vectis, basically what the Depleated Roload Mod does, but BUILT INTO the Vectis Prime.

kPR1t.png

No need to thank me.

kPR1t.png

No need to thank me.

I already use X-Mouse Button Control to do "fancy" stuff. The point here is the weapons should have built in fancy stuff, not us programming keys to say, fire a Flux Rifle at quarter second intervals to squeeze optimal damage from the gun in order to save ammo.

• A stealth change to the weapon in Update 9.6.1 has caused its beam to be hitscan, so tapping the fire button will deal one tick of damage instantly. The Spectra, however, still has a very slight travel time to its laser.
  • When tapping the trigger quickly, 1 ammo will be used, and one tick of damage will be dealt. Like all continuous weapons however, holding down the trigger will cause the weapon to use 2-3 units of ammo per damage tick, instead of one tick every ammo used. Tapping the trigger quick enough can result in a slightly higher DPS than holding the trigger alone.

kPR1t.png

No need to thank me.

Right, because that fixes nothing.

Do people still not know that the 2nd round in VP makes the manual reload after the first shot a lot slower since you can't skip the recoil animation like with the regular Vectis?... That macro is certainly good for the regular Vectis, but it does nothing for VP.

Do people still not know that the 2nd round in VP makes the manual reload after the first shot a lot slower since you can't skip the recoil animation like with the regular Vectis?... That macro is certainly good for the regular Vectis, but it does nothing for VP.

Completely forgot about rechamber delay, oops.

Just FYI, the delay has nothing to do with the recoil or any other mechanic, Vectis Prime just needs 667ms to fire a shot.

Forgot that as I tested this on toxic Chroma and Vectis for S#&$ and giggles.

Edited by Mofixil

Completely forgot about rechamber delay, oops.

Just FYI, the delay has nothing to do with the recoil or any other mechanic, Vectis Prime just needs 667ms to fire a shot.

Forgot that as I tested this on toxic Chroma and Vectis for S#&$ and giggles.

Yeah I know it's tied to the RoF, but I keep saying it's the recoil animation, I have to start getting that actually right... But this is the whole problem with the Vectis Prime. Too bad they probably don't care about it anymore since they put in Depleted Reload as bandaid...

Edited by Storchenbein

Yeah I know it's tied to the RoF, but I keep saying it's the recoil animation, I have to start getting that actually right... But this is the whole problem with the Vectis Prime. Too bad they probably don't care about it anymore since they put in Depleted Reload as bandaid...

Bandaid is a synonym for a permanent solution in DE's wordbook if I had to guess.

Vectis... is a special weapon in its class... it's one shot... and then you reload. giving you full benefit of charged chamber and primed chamber... something unique among sniper rifles, which let's face it, is a rather unfortunate fact all its own.

i simply have a very difficult time finding the words for how terrible an idea this was, i've typed, deleted and retyped this entire rant 5 times

(Edit~ according to responses, most people stopped reading about here. the complaint i have with the extra shot is not a loss of damage by some means, it's a loss of a weapon's character, which in this game, not many of them really have much)

yes i know you can manually reload the weapon and that the reload time has not changed

no, players should not have to.

yes, i own a charged chamber.

yes, i own a primed chamber.

and i think it would be nice if there remained at least one or 2 of the sniper rifles that at least one of those 2 mods should be an excellent, if not nearly mandatory choice on. for the sake of everybody who owns a charged chamber, i still think this weapon needs 2 more ranks.

however my point is that by adding a second shot to the magazine of a vectis... you have not created a vectis, you've created a sniper rifle that is now unique all its own, and if that's what you were going for, you should have just made another 2 shot sniper and not slapped vectis's name on it.

unlike many, i like taking a sniper rifle into a few types of missions...  recues(for the wardens)  captures (for the cap targets)  Defenses on occasion (for picking off particularly heavy units in the case of bombards, heavy gunners, infested moas and ancient healers) and of course void sabotage.

i'm not even sure how i want the development team to take this criticism, but you're constantly making decisions that leave many of us asking if you even play your own game.

in the case of vectis prime, this is literally the one upgrade you could make to the weapon that everybody in the community who has ever used a vectis would've voted against.

and i know the forum trolls are gonna try to pick this one apart like the self-amused scavengers that they are, but i don't care. this was a terrible decision and the one that even suggested it be what happens when vectis gets primed should be ashamed of themselves for wasting something that could have been an opportunity to do something useful.

at this rate i know exactly what to expect when tigris finally gets its turn and instead of having improved reload speed and damage, it's just gonna get 2 extra shots, handily removing all of its uniqueness.

While I personally like having the 2 shot chamber ( Lets you double tap most enemies ) The vectis prime needs to make up for the damage lost from primed/charged chamber.

It needs to do more damage then a normal vectis no matter how you build it.

Course DE could always raise the vectis prime crit chance by 15% and add a little more crit damage with 5 meter punch through

Or they change depleted reload so you lose 1 bullet gain reload speed and get +15% crit chance/damage ( It needs to ADD damage, it may help vectis prime use chamber but it does nothing in terms of damage so nobody uses it)

Personally if i had the choice... Id do all of the above so any vectis prime user can do whatever they want. Some people like two shots some people like how the normal vectis feels like a bolt action with its reserve ammo being the entire clip. Lets make everyone happy.

*changes base damage to 300 changes base crit chance/damage to 40%/3x and adds crit chance/damage to depleted reload. (adds enough punch through to pierce the Heavens  Nullifier shields*

Vectis prime with point strike vital sense and depleted reload would get 125% crit chance with 8x crit damage and built in punchthrough letting you have some damage return for returning it to a vectis clip

Or go without depleted reload and have it 100% crit chance and 7x crit damage. ( still with built in punch through :P) For everyone else who prefers two shots

Sound fair?

You can always use that one mod that decreases ammo capacity and decreases reload time and even if you used that and had only 7 slots left you'd STILL deal more damage with Prime over regular vectis.

I have no issues with this and in fact I think they made vectis Prime perfect. they made it 2 bullets per Mag whilst still being able to use a mod to drop it down to 1 if you have primed Chamber and charged Chamber.

DE couldn't make another vectis that solely relied on primed/charged Chamber so they made vectis Prime viable with or without it. The only reason you're mad is because you have both the rare primed and charged chambers respectively. Can I blame you? No. But please don't rant about it because it seems like you never took the time to see just how great DE made vectis Prime so that you could actually use it with or without primed/charged Chamber.

Edited by (PS4)JiggaJazz

You can always use that one mod that decreases ammo capacity and decreases reload time and even if you used that and had only 7 slots left you'd STILL deal more damage with Prime over regular vectis.

Wrong. You deal less damage. Going with a basic build (Serration, Split Chamber, Point Strike, Vital Sense, Charged Chamber, 3x 90% elemental [2x for VP due to depleted reload])

The values are as following...

Vectis

Damage per trigger pull (non crit): 5868.29

Damage per trigger pull (crit): 25820.49

Average damage per trigger pull: 13727.61

Burst DPS: 20591.42 

Sustained DPS: 8762.31 (not accounting for quicker manual reload, so in practice it's higher than this)

Vectis Prime

Damage per trigger pull (non crit): 5427.73

Damage per trigger pull (crit): 23882.01

Average damage per trigger pull: 12697.01

Burst DPS: 19045.52

Sustained DPS: 9961.04 (not accounting for quicker manual reload, so in practice it's higher than this)

As you can see, it only beats regular Vectis in sustained DPS due to the reload buff from Depleted Reload. It loses a decent chunk of damage from abandoning a 3rd 90% elemental to fit Depleted Reload. That damage gap is even higher if one has Primed Chamber, but even without it it's still worse. Not to mention you'll have 1 elemental less meaning that you can't work with enemy resistances as effectively as with the regular Vectis.

Wrong. You deal less damage. Going with a basic build (Serration, Split Chamber, Point Strike, Vital Sense, Charged Chamber, 3x 90% elemental [2x for VP due to depleted reload])

The values are as following...

Vectis

Damage per trigger pull (non crit): 5868.29

Damage per trigger pull (crit): 25820.49

Average damage per trigger pull: 13727.61

Burst DPS: 20591.42

Sustained DPS: 8762.31 (not accounting for quicker manual reload, so in practice it's higher than this)

Vectis Prime

Damage per trigger pull (non crit): 5427.73

Damage per trigger pull (crit): 23882.01

Average damage per trigger pull: 12697.01

Burst DPS: 19045.52

Sustained DPS: 9961.04 (not accounting for quicker manual reload, so in practice it's higher than this)

As you can see, it only beats regular Vectis in sustained DPS due to the reload buff from Depleted Reload. It loses a decent chunk of damage from abandoning a 3rd 90% elemental to fit Depleted Reload. That damage gap is even higher if one has Primed Chamber, but even without it it's still worse. Not to mention you'll have 1 elemental less meaning that you can't work with enemy resistances as effectively as with the regular Vectis.

Ah I apologize, math does not lie - I must have miscalculated a while back when I attempted the calculations. If that's the case they should just buff Vectic Prime further, I'm sure they gave it 2 ammo per magazine in order to make players less inclined to feel they needed primed/charged Chamber.

Again, my bad on that

Ah I apologize, math does not lie - I must have miscalculated a while back when I attempted the calculations. If that's the case they should just buff Vectic Prime further, I'm sure they gave it 2 ammo per magazine in order to make players less inclined to feel they needed primed/charged Chamber.

Again, my bad on that

Giving it 300 base damage makes it slighty pull ahead even with Depleted reload on (13851 avg. damage per trigger pull) What would feel like a substantial improvement over the normal one would be innate punch-through though.

300(+) damage and innate PT and I'd use it all day every day (or just kill the 2nd bullet, but I doubt that will happen). Right now it's simply not worth it to use it.

• 1 month later...