Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Needs Copter Or Directional When We Got Bullet Jump

.Talia.

Since i started playing warframe way back, i had always loved the way the game let me fling myself off walls to travel vast distances and have also enjoyed using my weapons to fling myself too. But its not something i feel that is very "ninja-like". It feels like its weird to do either coptering or flinging yourself off walls at incredible speeds, fun but not right :P With that said i like what i see here with the bullet jump as its being called but im worried that it wont flow as well with other movements. Im sure the community will quickly discover a way to abuse the parkour 2.0 just as we currently do. 

We've been able to do the bullet jump for a few months now using the Glaive with forward directional melee. (Well I've been doing it anyways with Glaive Prime and Astral Twilight equipped. Not sure if it's an Astral Twilight only thing though.)

There are many better players than me. I just recorded this for fun and you can see me doing the bullet jump many times in this video.

Boring as hell generic Techo/trance mix music... Check!

Boring Gameplay... Check!

Abrupt Ending (No Fade outs).... Check!

you sure.. have the key to a successful Youtube video right there!

Except that I'd rather have speed over flair.  We're supposedly ninja right?  Ninja don't flair, that's not their thing.  Be fast, be decisive.   The slide off the stairs coptering across a tileset was too fast, yes.  Spinning along the ground?  Not so much, it covered about the same distance as a directional melee, which is far faster than even a bullet dash if vision serves.  If the warframe sped up through uninterrupted movement then this would reward efficient play, but it would also punish those who use snail tactics of armor > maneuverability, which was what made coptering great for slower, beefier frames.   If run speed isn't improved then this little slide+jump wannabe is only going to hamper movement and we'll be losing more than just "some" speed.

Well for (1. It's been established that "ninja" is just an attractive tag line to lure in gamers. Hardly anything we do is very "ninja". Also, ninjas have "flair" by default. That's why ninjas are popular in the first place, because not only are the things they do cool, but the things they do LOOK cool as well. Spinning like a Beyblade across the map does not look cool & it's also unbalanced because (as MANY have griped about) the distance & speed you travel is dependent on your melee weapon. The new system will be fair AND flair! 

If you've noticed, that bullet jump with a double jump at the end takes you a considerable distance. Not only that, but Steve confirmed that this can be used while on walls. So, with a negligible amount of skill, you will be able to cover a good distance & look snazzy while doing it without breaking the game by literally crashing passed walls into the outside of the map. 

No & neither is slide melee. 

certainly hope not, its bad enough DE got rid of all momentum on slide attacks (making closing the gap between you and the enemy much harder in the melee gameplay style) but if they get rid of my way of hitting flying enemies i will not be happy

Do you not have autosprint options on ps4?

My explaination sums it up. See muh Titanfall post on page 6 lol

Bumper Jumping.

Bumper in ps4 is L & R buttons, they are used for powers,aim,shoot, & CROUCH...im pretty sure "bumper jumping means Slide then jump ( long jump )

Based on previous explanations, i can tell that we no longer need to SPRINT in order to slide...

I hope it doesn't use actual bullets since certain weapons will be at a disadvantage (yes, I'm talking about those that use the limited sniper ammo)

It won't. Bullet Jump is the new slide + jump action. The name is purely for "cool factor."

certainly hope not, its bad enough DE got rid of all momentum on slide attacks (making closing the gap between you and the enemy much harder in the melee gameplay style) but if they get rid of my way of hitting flying enemies i will not be happy

I believe air melee is simply getting the same treatment as slide melee, i.e. you just won't get flung mad far. 

Well for (1. It's been established that "ninja" is just an attractive tag line to lure in gamers. Hardly anything we do is very "ninja". Also, ninjas have "flair" by default. That's why ninjas are popular in the first place, because not only are the things they do cool, but the things they do LOOK cool as well. Spinning like a Beyblade across the map does not look cool & it's also unbalanced because (as MANY have griped about) the distance & speed you travel is dependent on your melee weapon. The new system will be fair AND flair! 

If you've noticed, that bullet jump with a double jump at the end takes you a considerable distance. Not only that, but Steve confirmed that this can be used while on walls. So, with a negligible amount of skill, you will be able to cover a good distance & look snazzy while doing it without breaking the game by literally crashing passed walls into the outside of the map. 

Ninja were Assassins and spies that used subversive and Guerrilla warfare to sabotage, assassinate and spy on enemy personal/intel.   What are most of the mission types we do in this game?  Assasinate, Spy, Sabatoge and Interception etc..  We are Space Ninja's who CAN be sneaky, CAN be subversive.  But we're also super soldiers in a world of super soldiers.  The Grineer are space marines and the Corpus are basically the Geth in human form, controlling massive robotic proxies.  And yet we're, by the lore, able to mow through these people like they're not even there, moving like shadows and death through countless hundreds if not thousands.  If we can't move quickly, decisively and deadly then we aren't super soldiers, we're not even that great a solder.  If you look at all the creatures we fight, we're practically DWARFED by them, compare chroma and Rhino some of the beefiest frames out there and a Grineer lancer still stands a foot taller and is almost twice as broad, if we were to try and match strength with one I doubt we'd be able to do so with all their mechanical augments.  So what is our main skill against all these creatures?

Speed.  Speed speed speed.  We're are ungodly fast, so fast that they can't even keep up with us in full sprint, their rockets and Drahk get left in our dust,  we move so fast and are so nimble that they might as well be standing still.    Take away that speed and what are we left with?  Hitscan at higher levels can already utterly destroy even those that copter, what would it be like if we get even slower or even sit still hanging off walls?   If they want to make Parkour 2.0 better they they're going to ahve to make hitscan a heck of a lot more inaccurate for the enemies.

with tipedo or amphis I can cover the same distance if not more with directional melee, but If you notice I can also arc myself into the air with enough hang time to launch weapons/powers/survey the land/etc.  Bullet jump moves too "fast"(as in no way to control it besides it launching you) in too small an area at too flat an angle, it also doesn't show it being use to go vertical which is half of what directional melee and coptering are for,  I can directional melee up then land into a copter that'll make sure I'm not stuck at the top of a jump in the midst of a bunch of enemies and still keep all of my momentum without worrying about getting shot up,  not so with bullet jump, since they're supposedly taking out directional melee throwing you around the same as coptering this takes away all vertical and horizontal movement and forces you to use an extremely horizontal and flat ability that gives you no time or room to do anything.  If they released more than just the bullet jump that replaces the directional melee and coptering then fine, I COULD get used to it, but from what they've been saying bullet jump is supposed to be the "New" way to get around quickly.  If that's quick then DE apparently thinks that Frost and Vauban are fast frames too.

Edited by TheMagicalSharpie

Ninja were Assassins and spies that used subversive and Guerrilla warfare to sabotage, assassinate and spy on enemy personal/intel.   What are most of the mission types we do in this game?  Assasinate, Spy, Sabatoge and Interception etc..  We are Space Ninja's who CAN be sneaky, CAN be subversive.  But we're also super soldiers in a world of super soldiers.  The Grineer are space marines and the Corpus are basically the Geth in human form, controlling massive robotic proxies.  And yet we're, by the lore, able to mow through these people like they're not even there, moving like shadows and death through countless hundreds if not thousands.  If we can't move quickly, decisively and deadly then we aren't super soldiers, we're not even that great a solder.  If you look at all the creatures we fight, we're practically DWARFED by them, compare chroma and Rhino some of the beefiest frames out there and a Grineer lancer still stands a foot taller and is almost twice as broad, if we were to try and match strength with one I doubt we'd be able to do so with all their mechanical augments.  So what is our main skill against all these creatures?

The ability to be sneaky or the fact that we do assassinations, spy, etc., does not make us ninjas. If that's the case, we have ninjas in the U.S. armed forces. My cousin is a ninja. Fuqq it, I am ninja. Fundamentally, we are not ninjas. Sure, we have some ninja like qualities, but we are not ninjas. Like you said, we are super soldiers, in which case, we have similar qualities to samurai, ninjas, actual soldiers, super heroes, mages, etc. We aren't just ninjas. 

Speed.  Speed speed speed.  We're are....<snip>

With tipedo or amphis I can...<snip>

We're only fast because of an exploit turned unintentional feature. Nothing will be as fast as coptering with a Berserker equipped Tipedo & that's a fact that everyone is just going to have to deal with. However, the Bullet Jump does not make you as much as a sitting duck as your making it seem. Again, it takes you a decent distance & if combined with a double jump, as shown in the gifs, you can travel a distance only obtainable via coptering. Not only that, but it's spammable & you can even use this to propel yourself off walls. If you're getting destroyed by an enemy while coptering, that means you were using a subpar weapon to copter with because a Tipedo with Berserker will get you to a safe spot almost instantly. Or how about not going out into a wide open area where you will be showered with bullets? Additionally, while "parkouring," enemies become less accurate. I don't believe coptering counts towards this since it's actually a melee slide attack, but yea, that's a thing.

As for going airborne, Bullet Jump clearly wasn't meant to appease that aspect. The same way coptering doesn't make take you vertical, neither does Bullet Jump. This is only meant to replace slide+jump & give us an alternative to coptering (whether we like it or not). We haven't seen all of Parkour 2.0 so we don't know if they're going to introduce any new moves; ones that could potentially grant quicker verticality than wall hopping upwards. However, we'll have to wait & see just how high Air Melee will take us after the nerf. There was also takes about giving each frame a "super jump" as well, so there's that (if it happens).

Edit: typo

Edit 2: "but If you notice I can also arc myself into the air with enough hang time to launch weapons/powers/survey the land/etc." — If you take a look at Steve's vine/twitter you will see a new feature called "Aim Gliding." Let's not complain about Parkour 2.0 until it's fully released. That's all I'm sayin'. 

Edited by Rexlars

People who dislike coptering and are glad to see it go:

-Its a bug

-dose not look nice

-degrades both game quality and visual quality

People who want coptering to stay:

-want to move "fast"

-don't care to look at the tilsets DE put so much hard work in

My opinion

-Its DE's game and if they want to do something that they think is cool and that they like you just need to shut the F*** up because if you haven't already realized Game developers make games that THEY WANT TO PLAY. IF THEY DON'T LIKE IT AND WANT TO CHANGE IT YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO COMPLAIN!

Now that thats out of my system can someone lock this thread to stop a lot of these S#&$ toxic players.

1058872_200x130.png?v=1426974111.0

Edited by williamwatsonMH4

Check out these new clips posted by DERebecca on Twitter showcasing some Parkour 2.0 manuevers:

http://gfycat.com/TemptingAmusedBarnswallow

http://gfycat.com/LavishAnxiousHorsechestnutleafminer -> This one you can see Directinal Melee still a thing. Although it does not fling you in high velocities anymore, it can still be used to combo with the new manuevers.

http://gfycat.com/LazySplendidGoshawk -> Same with Spin Attack, still a thing, not as fast, but still being used in combination with the Parkour 2.0 stuff.

http://gfycat.com/SnoopyWarmBrownbutterfly

http://gfycat.com/SpiffyThirstyHarvestmen

Gonna add these to the OP.

Check out these new clips posted by DERebecca on Twitter showcasing some Parkour 2.0 manuevers:

http://gfycat.com/TemptingAmusedBarnswallow

http://gfycat.com/LavishAnxiousHorsechestnutleafminer -> This one you can see Directinal Melee still a thing. Although it does not fling you in high velocities anymore, it can still be used to combo with the new manuevers.

http://gfycat.com/LazySplendidGoshawk -> Same with Spin Attack, still a thing, not as fast, but still being used in combination with the Parkour 2.0 stuff.

http://gfycat.com/SnoopyWarmBrownbutterfly

http://gfycat.com/SpiffyThirstyHarvestmen

Gonna add these to the OP.

Wow, i reeeeeally want this update. The control of the movement looks great and the speed isn't bad either.