Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beta Yes Or No

GamingInferno

By nearly any standard that anyone would place on a game, Warframe is long out of beta, however at the same time the game is still under very active development so the beta tag is still being applied, which is not entirely off the mark with each new update bringing its own surges of bugs. That being said, Warframe left beta pretty much after they left closed beta, after that the game has been rather solid in most respects, just new additions all the time throwing things off.

I don't know why the beta tag is even a debate.

First off, the game is unfinished. It is in heavy development.

This is obvious. Core mechanics are essentially in flux.

Secondly, 'beta' is a very broad term. You might say this game is ready for release and therefore shouldn't be called a beta, but you could say the same about something like Killing Floor 2. If the developers don't think it's ready, it'll stay a beta.

well i saw this post hidden another post on the wiki page now before i get hate for this i know the wiki isnt regulated by DE but when i saw this chain of posts i was like hmm might as well see the feedback here on a good forums

first post

lol i find it funny people still think its in beta warframe was outta beta pefore the consoles versions where even an idea

second post
You do realize it still is in Beta, right? Read the documentation that comes with the game, as well as look on the wiki home page. I find it odd that people cant see something right in front of them.

third post

Even funnier still - The terms and agreements state that when the game is launched out of beta, DE has the right to remove everything from your account and put you back to level 0, including all frames/guns/cosmetics/purchaces.

So if the game gets released fully tomorrow, everyone "could" literally, be put to 0 with absolutely nothing.
They specify that plat purchases would be refunded to you, so you'd get the plat back that you paid for. Other things like Prime Access or Founder's items would also be returned to you. Everything else however yes, it can be taken from you.

my post on that forum
yeah problem is with that is if they did that they would bankrupt themselves in a day becuase people like me who has devoted time and effort to support the game and hit the higher mastery ranks they would lose all those people in a days time

so yeah much fun on that forum 

well i saw this post hidden another post on the wiki page now before i get hate for this i know the wiki isnt regulated by DE but when i saw this chain of posts i was like hmm might as well see the feedback here on a good forums

first post

lol i find it funny people still think its in beta warframe was outta beta pefore the consoles versions where even an idea

second post

You do realize it still is in Beta, right? Read the documentation that comes with the game, as well as look on the wiki home page. I find it odd that people cant see something right in front of them.

third post

Even funnier still - The terms and agreements state that when the game is launched out of beta, DE has the right to remove everything from your account and put you back to level 0, including all frames/guns/cosmetics/purchaces.

So if the game gets released fully tomorrow, everyone "could" literally, be put to 0 with absolutely nothing.

They specify that plat purchases would be refunded to you, so you'd get the plat back that you paid for. Other things like Prime Access or Founder's items would also be returned to you. Everything else however yes, it can be taken from you.

my post on that forum

yeah problem is with that is if they did that they would bankrupt themselves in a day becuase people like me who has devoted time and effort to support the game and hit the higher mastery ranks they would lose all those people in a days time

so yeah much fun on that forum

Well you found the answer.

If you're worried that DE is gonna take your stuff. Don't worry about it. Yes, they have the power to do that, but the terms and agreements were written long ago. The community has grown and DE wouldn't dare do that to their loyal players. 

Also I'm pretty sure I've seen somewhere that DE said that all Beta players will keep their items, if the game were to come out of Beta. Unfortunately I don't have a source, but I don't feel it matters anyways.

Edited by DarkOmega6719

No it is not, DE just use it as an excuse to change many things

There are TONS of online games that are still under development, as they are constantly updating, but don't name themselves a Beta. Take Evolve. It skipped Beta and went into full release, but even now is going through balancing, and new additions.

Same thing the Final Fantasy XIV and even WoW. All these games are in full release but with further development. Warframe is no exception!

If you're worried that DE is gonna take your stuff. Don't worry about it. Yes, they have the power to do that, but the terms and agreements were written long ago. The community has grown and DE wouldn't dare do that to their loyal players. 

Also I'm pretty sure I've seen somewhere that DE said that all Beta players will keep their items, if the game were to come out of Beta. Unfortunately I don't have a source, but I don't feel it matters anyways.

Don't need a source to point out that DE would let Beta Players keep their items due to the fact that DE knows if they did that, their game would tank so bad in the Alpha release due to word of mouth and probably by some users creating accounts to convert the community from toxic to unhabitable.

It's a beta. It still says it's in beta, constant tweaking and reworking, and there's still a ton of place-holder content. Just because it's been in beta for quite a while and is 20x as polished as a normal AAA release nowdays, it doesn't mean it's not in beta.

Oh not again...

Can we just agree to disagree about this? DE can say the game is in 'strawberry sundae with cookies on top' mode and they could get AWAY with it. It is their game!

And technically, the PC version is beta testing for the consoles. So...

*shrug*

Oh not again...

Can we just agree to disagree about this? DE can say the game is in 'strawberry sundae with cookies on top' mode and they could get AWAY with it. It is their game!

And technically, the PC version is beta testing for the consoles. So...

*shrug*

I want strawberry sundae with cookies now, damn you. This is the best answer to this topic yet.