Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corrupted Ancient Game Too Stronk! :o

PiggyB

As you probably noticed, Corrupted ancients got buffed. The idea behind the buff is great, it creates a challenge. Yet the way they implemented it is absolutely appalling. I can't say I have been this disappointed by DE in a while. First off, the amount of damage reduction that they provide is more than crazy. The Ancient should not make a target nearly unkillable. I think the damage reduction the Ancient provides should be a maximum of 60% because as of right now it the Ancients are way too powerful for the amount of times that they spawn. Which leads me to my second point. *Segway* *Segway* *Segway* (I am proud of that one :D)

I have played close to 1152 hours and I regularly fail T2 Defenses when I run with a full squad consisting on my noobie friends. It does not matter what rank my weapons are or which ones I use. It is almost an inevitable failure at wave 10 because at that point there are about 15 Ancients. The spawn rate is absolutely ridiculous and if they don't nerf the Ancients then they should make the spawn rate just as low as the chance of gettting an Armored Agility -_-

Another one of my complaints is that the damage that you deal to the affected units doesn't transfer over to the Ancient or at least close to none does. If you shoot any unit affected by the Ancient then I think that the Ancient as well as the unit should take damage.

The range of the Ancients is also ridiculous. Sometimes I can't stop the pod from taking damage because I can't find the stupid Ancient which is making the Heavy Gunners, Lancers Etc. unkillable. Additionally I think the Ancients should have a cap to the amount of mobs it can buff.

Oh yeah, and did I tell you? Ancients make the mobs immune to knockdowns and status as they transfer to the Ancient! If that isn't stupid I don't know what is. Because now you can't damage them but you also can't CC them to stop them from damaging you or your objective.

As I said the idea behind the buff to Ancients is great! We need more challenge. But the way they have implemented the buff is all but right! DE done messed up on this one! 

P.S I needed to get this off my chest.

Edited by PiggyB

It is fine.  They die in one shot. But im not going to get into the details since ive done it many times before. ill just let someone else do that.

edit: MR is a bad way to represent your self also since it doesnt really mean much.

Edited by Dillon_J

It is fine.  They die in one shot. But im not going to get into the details since ive done it many times before. ill just let someone else do that.

edit: MR is a bad way to represent your self also since it doesnt really mean much.

It does mean alot. If this came from a MR 2 you wouldn't take it seriously. By telling you that I am a MR 18 I show you that I have invested the time into this game and have a thorough understanding of it. 

I agree with OP.

It gives all enemy within range an near-invulnerable defense buff AND a CC immunity. Its pretty extreme.

Its really annoying at times like when its hiding behind a wall or crowd of enemies, inside a nullifier bubble, been surrounded by a bunch of heavy gunners and bombards, or theres just multiple ancients at once. 

...Oh, and they can even knock down and drag you around too.

Edited by khk6

They were buffed? Could you list the buffs so it's clear? 

They provide any nearby enemies with a (I think) 90% damage reduction until the ancient itself is killed or disarmed. This also includes full CC resistance.

Edited by Storchenbein

They were buffed? Could you list the buffs so it's clear? 

They were upgraded to be the same as Infested Ancient Healers:

They have a grapple attack.

They provide a 90% damage reduction to all enemies near (for a given value of near) them.

All damage dealt to allies will heal the Ancients (but not overheal).

They provide knockdown and stagger immunity (and all other procs?) to allies within range.

The best bit, is if you shoot a crowd, the Ancient will get stagger or knockdown procced, and while on the floor, will be completely invisible in or behind the crowd, meaning that there is no way to know where they are or how to deal with them.

As a MR19, I have spent plenty of time dealing with these things, and it is getting out of hand. We have Ancients, Nullifiers, Bombards and Gunners, more than half of enemies are 'priority targets' which must be dealt with before handling anything else.

Edited by Kthal

It does mean alot. If this came from a MR 2 you wouldn't take it seriously. By telling you that I am a MR 18 I show you that I have invested the time into this game and have a thorough understanding of it. 

all it really means is you use a lot of gear. people can buy gear on top of that. Personally i prefer to represent my gameplay hours instead.

I thought that was removed.

Those blue zeroes, they are the Ancient getting healed. They have removed the overhealing for the Corrupted Ancients, but they definitely regain health when nearby allies are damaged. The number of times I've seen one's health jump up when reloading...

They provide a 90% damage reduction to all enemies near (for a given value of near) them.

They provide knockdown and stagger immunity (and all other procs?) to allies within range.

The best bit, is if you shoot a crowd, the Ancient will get stagger or knockdown procced, and while on the floor, will be completely invisible in or behind the crowd, meaning that there is no way to know where they are or how to deal with them.

As a MR19, I have spent plenty of time dealing with these things, and it is getting out of hand. We have Ancients, Nullifiers, Bombards and Gunners, more than half of enemies are 'priority targets' which must be dealt with before handling anything else.

Thank you. Someone who understands as well.

Well said. It's pretty difficult to know what to prioritize out of all of that. Not to mention Bombard rockets' blast damage seems able to phase through any solid object you'd care to mention, but that's going off-topic.

The nullifiers were enough. This silly-good Ancient AoE is going overkill in my opinion.

Edited by Dualice

Personally I don't think that's the problem

It would at least reduce their ridiculous range for granting benefits and solve the issue of the effect being active on units when the ancient is hiding behind a wall or on a different floor within the tile.

I'd like to see this change first to ancients, then see if their effect needs to be toned down more afterwards

Oh yea, Corrupted Ancients in the void have became a huge problem. I was astounded that one ancient clamped my damage to around 15 on my Boltor Prime and made even a Corrupted Lancer almost invulnerable. This doesn't make a challenge, it makes the game even more tedious.

Weren't Nullifiers enough for providing protection for units?

Edited by Profile

Use punch through, it's so nice to just bypass the crowd and go straight for the Ancient. The healing from damaging enemies within the aura isn't that bad either, considering it's only 10% of your rifle's damage + armor reduction.

Before shooting, you can probably notice an Ancient nearby if you see a white shine on enemies, that means they're within the Ancient's aura. Since Ancients are melees, if you're engaging in a tight corridor, wait for the Ancient to move towards you.

Tell me what kind of Mods you use. MR says nothing about the mods you have, and they are what makes the difference. Is your Serration Maxed or near it? How about your Hornet Strike? Redirection? Vitality? What Frames are being used?

I went to quiet a few Excavations/Defences and saw people with high MR (15-18) doing nothing worth mentioning and I was using CC frames like Zephyr and BOOBEN and went out doing most of the work and they had their weapons almost maxed.

I really don't get why DE gives these huge buffs to enemies without taking into account how the game actually plays. The Ancients would be fine as a strong supportive unit that's a priority target, but they forget that at high levels enemies swarm and there could be 8-12 on the field at a time making an entire army essentially invincible.

Just giving Ancient/Corrupted Healers a large aura where enemies continuously regen a percentage of their heath would give essentially the same effect as massive damage reduction; but provide room for counterplay by simply one-shotting enemies.

It would also have the effect of making high-burst damage weapons like snipers and shotguns more favored in cases where you can't single out the Ancient Healers right away, rather than everybody just packing full-auto weapons like the Soma and Boltor.

Edited by Draciusen