Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warhammer 40K Game And More!

TheErebus.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/new-ps4xbox-onepc-sandbox-style-warhammer-action-r/1100-6428912/

So it looks like we're getting a new Warhammer 40k game. 

On top of the Total War: Warhammer game we're also getting, this is gonna be a fun ride.

THE EMPEROR APPROVES. 

post-7348-0-56620300-1349765272.jpg

http://www.pcgamer.com/way-of-the-samurai-4-comes-to-pc-next-week/

We're also getting Way of the Samurai 4 next week. What is it, you say?
It's essentially a Samurai role-playing game where your choices alter the storyline as you progress. It's a pretty fun game...buuuut it may be capped at 30 FPS so for most of you, you're just gonna skip out on it.

http://www.pcgamer.com/concept-development-on-a-new-duke-nukem-has-already-been-done/

Also there may be a new Duke Nukem game coming out...with Randy Pitchford saying this:

"Pitchford said "the whole industry will turn its head and look" when a new Duke is announced. That's important, he added, because he believes that "getting attention" was one of the biggest challenges facing Duke Nukem Forever."

Randy...just stop. No one believes you anymore. 

"You have been told of the Inquisition; that shadowy organisation which defends Mankind and the Emperor from the perils of heresy, possession, alien dominance and rebellion."

"You have been told the Inquisition are the ultimate defence against the phantoms of fear and terror which lurk in the darkness between the stars."

"You have been told the Inquisition are the bright saviours in an eclipse of evil; purist and most devoted warriors of the Emperor."

"You have been told the Inquisition is united in its cause to rid the galaxy of any threat, from without or within."

"Everything you have been told is a lie."

- Attr. Unknown

And for those who don't know what Warhammer 40k is:

IN THE GRIM DARK FUTURE THERE IS ONLY WAR

A sandbox 40k game featuring a Space Marine Inquisitor?

My heart says yes, but my brain knows they're going to mess it up. 

After the awesomeness that was Space Marine, I'm pretty interested in what they may do with the IP. I'm still apprehensive about it though, mostly because there's just so much lore and established history to go off of.

Always enjoyed Warhammer 40K games so new ones are always welcome in my Steam library.

Best video ever made (ever) 

Kinda surprised they haven't made a 3rd Dawn of War yet. Relic pls.

Edited by DeMonkey

After the awesomeness that was Space Marine, I'm pretty interested in what they may do with the IP. I'm still apprehensive about it though, mostly because there's just so much lore and established history to go off of.

Space Marine was great, I was just sad they went with Ultras. Ultras have become total derp, there are so many chapters they could have used that would have been way cooler.

If they can stay somewhat true to the source material without going full pants-on-head grimdark stupid, then it will be awesome.

Space Marine was great, I was just sad they went with Ultras. Ultras have become total derp, there are so many chapters they could have used that would have been way cooler.

If they can stay somewhat true to the source material without going full pants-on-head grimdark stupid, then it will be awesome.

B-B-B-BUT THE ULTRAMARIEENS ARE THE BEEEEEST

MATT WARD SAID SO

787579.jpg

I think they went with the Ultramarines because they are more or less the "play-it-safe" chapter. 

Speaking of total derp, I hope Games Workshop re-retcons the Necrons. Yeah, they were Terminator ripoffs before the "recent" characterization, but I greatly preferred it to what we have now.

I think they went with the Ultramarines because they are more or less the "play-it-safe" chapter. 

Speaking of total derp, I hope Games Workshop re-retcons the Necrons. Yeah, they were Terminator ripoffs before the "recent" characterization, but I greatly preferred it to what we have now.

As a Necron player, I actually greatly prefer Newcrons. It gives me a lot more RP leeway, which is always nice as RP is like 50% of the fun in any given game. I can even overlook the fact that Ward did it, though I'll never forgive him for the Grey Knights.

As a Necron player, I actually greatly prefer Newcrons. It gives me a lot more RP leeway, which is always nice as RP is like 50% of the fun in any given game. I can even overlook the fact that Ward did it, though I'll never forgive him for the Grey Knights.

Generally speaking, I'm fine with it too. It just bothers me quite a bit that the Necrons seem to have too much emotion now. I'd prefer if it went the route of Terminator 2. The Terminator clearly learns to have some measure of emotion and understanding of the concept, just not how we do. Regardless, the characterization was fantastic. Now, I just feel the Necrons are angsty and broody about their current predicament.

Generally speaking, I'm fine with it too. It just bothers me quite a bit that the Necrons seem to have too much emotion now. I'd prefer if it went the route of Terminator 2. The Terminator clearly learns to have some measure of emotion and understanding of the concept, just not how we do. Regardless, the characterization was fantastic. Now, I just feel the Necrons are angsty and broody about their current predicament.

Well to be fair, the Necrontyr were pretty much the prime definition of angsty and broody.

With the way it's written in the codex though, your Necrons can be whatever. That's the main reason I like it. They've even got that Forge World dynasty that acts just like old Necrons, and IIRC there are a a lot of Necrons who love being Necrons. It basically brings the same level of expansion the other factions (Space Marines specifically) have to the Necrons, finally. We were getting the shaft when it came to creative paintjobs on our models, everyone just did silver and green.

I mean, it's not like it's perfect, I just think it's a lot more fun than what we had before. RPing a doombot gets boring after a while.

Last I was aware Relic still existed, the fact that they were bought by Sega is irrelevant surely? They're still the guys producing the games.

Yeah Yeah, I know. Someone had to make the joke lol

Kinda still bummed Zenimax didn't get Relic, though.