Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Concern After Seeing Parkour 2.0

PixalatedVortex

With the addition of the glide in U17 I am concerned Warframe will start throwing logic out the window, yes I realize that the game is not exactly the most realistic thing out there and I understand it doesn't exactly have to follow reality but my fear is that if we throw logic out here who's to say we won't somewhere else, I don't want this game to be completely nonsensical,

what are your thoughts fellow Tenno?

DE has a problem. They want to remove coptering because it is stupid, broken, and overshadows any movement abilities. Most of the playerbase is used to it being there though, so they have to replace it with something that is versatile and powerful, while also being much more controlled.

Glides, doublejumps, and the like allow this to happen.

DE has a problem. They want to remove coptering because it is stupid, broken, and overshadows any movement abilities. Most of the playerbase is used to it being there though, so they have to replace it with something that is versatile and powerful, while also being much more controlled.

Glides, doublejumps, and the like allow this to happen.

I couldn't agree more. I was a bit apprehensive when I first saw parkour 2.0 on the Dev Stream, it looked slow and clunky but after the latest stuff they have been showing. I couldn't be more excited.

The thing is that they can use the whole "energy" thing to leave the physics of BulletJump™ up in the air with AimGlide™. Plus it makes more sense than doing a spin and flying a few hundred meters into the distance.

Basically: SpaceNinjaMagic.

Coptering is more ridiculous and nonsensical than anything else in the game... Plus it makes you look stupid while doing it.

We are space ninjas with magic powers, Parkour 2.0 fits perfectly with the rest of the theme of the game and is probably more believable than half of the of the stuff we do in this game.

Edited by Ceryk

From what i have seen both from devstreams and what steve and rebecca showed in the small vimeo videos, you'll have even more maneuverability than before, only it will look better and less like something a bug allowed. And i'm excited because of it.

The only thing i hate is the bunny hopping through walls really.

Anything is better than coptering. Coptering is so off-putting to any new players, looks ugly, and limits the use of the melee weapons we use in our load outs. It took my a while to learn how to effectively copter in Warframe and I still haven't mastered it.

Parkour 2.0 will be a much more fluid system that is both physically appealing and less stressful on one's hands.

I'm very excited about parkour 2.0. We'll finally see more meele weapon variaty in-game.

Sadly, no... most Melee weapons are garbage and useless to actually use... It will mostly still be the same ones you see now because a lot of the coptering weapons are some of the few that can actually kill things...

Edited by Ceryk

I would like the parkour to be some what logical. I like the bullet jump and don't mind the hopping, but the glide just makes zero sense.

https://vine.co/v/evt9BAJKVlI In this video you see how far you can glide in a single jump. Steve almost flies over the group before the video ends. In my opinion the distance this glide can take you is too far.

What is to stop me from doing another double jump while gliding, bullet jump, then back into glide? I could theoretically glide across the whole map on space magic. Who needs coptering when I have a magic carpet space magic.

Edited by Postal_pat

For the sake of your immersion lets just say warframes use their energy and shoot it out below them to propel them allowing them to glide over a short distance

They actually do, in the video snippets they've uploaded to vine and the like, you can see energy flaring up on the legs of the frame when they do the float

I would like the parkour to be some what logical. I like the bullet jump and don't mid the hopping, but the glide just makes zero sense.

https://vine.co/v/evt9BAJKVlI In this video you see how far you can glide in a single jump. Steve almost flies over the group before the video ends. In my opinion the distance this glide can take you is too far.

What is to stop me from doing another double jump while gliding, bullet jump, then back into glide? I could theoretically glide across the whole map on space magic.

He's showing off the extremes of what it can do. You can stop gliding at any time by stopping aiming.

And the mechanics stop you from doing that. You get one BulletJump and one Double Jump, then you have to touch the ground or a wall to reset the counter. Glide is on a 3 second recharge, so you have to wait 3 seconds before being able to glide again even if you still have your Double Jump. And chances are Aim Glide has a limited duration before it turns off and you drop to the ground.

Edited by Ceryk

He's showing off the extremes of what it can do. You can stop gliding at any time by stopping aiming.

My point isn't that you can't stop. It's that this glide can take you far with very little effort (and little logic) just like coptering.