Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Changyou Warframe Image Megathread]

Jamescell

Actually, other than Rebecca's post earlier in this thread, the person making those statements is a volunteer mod, and NOT part of DE.  As such, any statements made should be taken with a grain of salt.

dude just google Perfect World, they are developers themselves aswell as publisher..  it's pretty obvious it works that way

Edited by CruelMaiden

It better not be something i thought it is. Well at the same time i think DE may gonna drop some big bomb equivalent to this one, something hasn't been announced yet. But the chance for such incident is low as file mining can pretty much make all the surprise premature.

IDK I have really wanted Excalibur Prime for the last two years just about and always being told it would never come out or I'd never get it has always been one of the things I hate about this game. Now you tell me that a new version of the game is coming out and they are getting the chance at Excalibur Prime...granted a way cooler looking Excalibur. This is a big punch in the nads for a very large portion of your community that have been yelling for this frame for a long time. You guys even have two sets of players (Xbox and PS4) that were never given the chance to get this frame.

You forgot that they are the worst publisher and developer out there owo

i'm pretty sure you won't know because there is Perfect World Entertainment (publishing games in the US), and then there is Perfect World, the chinese counterpart.

They are only there to publish games in China, and i guess you never played any games IN china.. so you can't know if they are good or bad.

And even if they are bad, it has no effect on the global warframe whatsoever.

Warframe China supposedly has their own developers aswell as their own publisher. i'm pretty sure DE were not involed in the work on the "other excal prime"

DE is not "wasting" the time of their devs to work on the china version.

Rebecca made a graph a while back in her usual fancy box style clearly showing DE is developing content for the game and being paid for their IP under contract with a Chinese Publishing service. I can try and find the picture again im pretty sure it was some where around the General Discussions Forum. If I find it ill Edit my post with it.

Without DE agreeing to it and for them to use their Warframe IP they wouldnt be able to do any of that. Also as shown with a "Behind the scenes Development" video in Chinese it showed our In-house devs designing and working on the products for the chinese market as well. I doubt you will find the thread with that video though since if I recall it was deleted by a moderator.

This whole speculation is pointless! can't we just wait until we get that official statement about how all the things work?

There is no point in doom-threading or coming to some ridiculous conclusions.

The one thing we know is that DE gets a b*ttload of money that they are using to put even more work into OUR Warframe. That is a good thing!

I actually had the same concerns.. but mainly because we don't know much about the matter and because it's new.

Humans tend to be afraight of new things. But after some constructive arguing a few days ago, i'm pretty sure there is no need to go crazy about all this.

The whole concept of a game being published with exclusive rights in another country is pretty common and it has no effect on the Warframe that you are playing.

Edited by CruelMaiden

This whole speculation is pointless! can't we just wait until we get that official statement about how all the things work?

The one thing we know is that DE gets a b*ttload of money that they are using to put even more work into OUR Warframe. That is a good thing!

commotion gets attention and results

Being reasonable isn't allowed. If Rebecca already acknowledges a thread, keep up the commotion until they answer again. It's like a double-tap, except not.

I don't know where I'm going with this.

i'm pretty sure you won't know because there is Perfect World Entertainment (publishing games in the US), and then there is Perfect World, the chinese counterpart.

They are only there to publish games in China, and i guess you never played any games IN china.. so you can't know if they are good or bad.

And even if they are bad, it has no effect on the global warframe whatsoever.

I know for a fact that they ruined a bunch of games, PWE atleast, Dunno where exactly the differences are but I'm pretty sure they are the same guys behind it. I'm not sure if you were here when it happened, but the forums were blowing up when there was a certain...situation. There was talk about PWE getting involved with Warframe, what everyone thought was that PWE was going to buy warframe, put in those horrible lockboxes which are their "thing" and then abandon the game completely.

Edited by DJ_Vauban

I know for a fact that they ruined a bunch of games, PWE atleast, Dunno where exactly the differences are but I'm pretty sure they are the same guys behind it. I'm not sure if you were here when it happened, but the forums were blowing up when there was a certain...situation. There was talk about PWE getting involved with Warframe, what everyone thought was that PWE was going to buy warframe, put in those horrible lockboxes which are their "thing" and then abandon the game completely.

So, in other words, yes I know that PWE

PWE is a part of PW. PW is ONLY publishing in china. whatever they do there, it isn not our business and it does not have anything to do with the global warframe.

PWE is the exact opposite, same company but they are getting games from asia and publish them in the US.

China doing a founders pack too. Whats the big deal? It's just launching over there and they need some extra $$$. It's not as if that version will ever interact with ours sooo how is this a low blow? We had our chance for the Founder's pack. They do too.

Preach it!

If the older primes arent updated to be up to snuff they should atleast be made compatible with their immortal skins.

Eg. whenever i use the immortal skin on ExcalP or MagP the gold on their bodies completely dissapear.

I use an arcane gauss helmet and the immortal skin on my mag and there is absolutely no way of knowing its a prime unless you check my arsenal

Rebecca made a graph a while back in her usual fancy box style clearly showing DE is developing content for the game and being paid for their IP under contract with a Chinese Publishing service. I can try and find the picture again im pretty sure it was some where around the General Discussions Forum. If I find it ill Edit my post with it.

Without DE agreeing to it and for them to use their Warframe IP they wouldnt be able to do any of that. Also as shown with a "Behind the scenes Development" video in Chinese it showed our In-house devs designing and working on the products for the chinese market as well. I doubt you will find the thread with that video though since if I recall it was deleted by a moderator.

Bj03cpd.jpghttps://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/453563-the-first-open-test-for-warframe-china-just-started/?p=5052214

Edited by Azure98

PWE is a part of PW. PW is ONLY publishing in china. whatever they do there, it isn not our business and it does not have anything to do with the global warframe.

PWE is the exact opposite, same company but they are getting games from asia and publish them in the US.

The thing is, Champions online did NOT come from asia, yet they bought it and ruined it, and It was also never released in asia as far as I know.

The thing is, Champions online did NOT come from asia, yet they bought it and ruined it, and It was also never released in asia as far as I know.

well maybe i got that wrong about PWE.. but they are publishing games.. i know that :D

Nontheless Perfect World in China is exactly what i explained and thats what we are dealing with.. PWE is completely uninvolved in this.

The important part is:

The Publisher and Developer for Warframe is Digital Extremes. Period.

The Publisher (and maybe developer) of Star Armor (warframe china) is Perfect World/Changyou but only in China!

Edited by CruelMaiden

So the problem is? That founders feel betrayed because? All I'm seeing here is people complaining about a different model, like wow. 

I seriously don't want founders to get a new model or whatever they want, y'all got exclusivity, a buff (even if minimal), there has to be a border between "cool whatev you're a founder" and "Y'all being greedy with this"

I thank founders to have funded a game that didn't even know would even succeed, but y'all need to stop.

Also asking for DE to give you an official statement is absurd as of now (It's sunday remember?).

http://www.changyou.com/allnews/list/news/year2015/20150325/93623.shtml

the page has a nice promo video for WFChina, thought I'd share.

Pretty sure that's another fanart they're using to promote their version.

Damn why are they using fan art and for that matter SquiddyTreat's fan art, that doesn't even use in game tilesets, just the models??

Ripoff>>

http://www.changyou.com/allnews/list/news/year2015/20150325/93623.shtml

Original fan art>>

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/148704-squiddytreats-fan-art-updated-feb-20-2014/

news11.jpg

news13.jpg

Edited by Sci_Ant

Someone with some 1337 skills should like...dig deep into the warframe files, give me the fakecalibur model so that I can make a poster with the REAL excalibur beating up the fake one owo

Okay THIS is pissing me off AF. I don't care if they get a fakecalibur, but stealing OUR art and promoting their game with it is TOO much for me. DE, you need to kick their asses, right now.

Edited by DJ_Vauban