Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steam Workshop?

Gale47

I may have gone daft for a while there, but I could have sworn I heard Steve mention Steam Workshop in regards to Warframe at the start of the stream. Anybody got any information on this?

Edited by Gale47

Yes - progress is being made on this front. Not too many details to share other than it is absolutely happening, we just need to work everything out on our end! It'll be formally announced when we're at an appropriate stage of readiness :D!

Wow, I never would have thought Lotus herself would pop by this thread!

Thanks for confirming that I wasn't going mad.

Yes - progress is being made on this front. Not too many details to share other than it is absolutely happening, we just need to work everything out on our end! It'll be formally announced when we're at an appropriate stage of readiness :D!

Her Highness, I have a question : where is the Chinese founders stuff & the Umbra frames (difference between them and normal/prime counterparts) explanation thread?

Hold on, do people like me who don't use Steam can't have these? :(

Nope.

Her Highness, I have a question : where is the Chinese founders stuff & the Umbra frames (difference between them and normal/prime counterparts) explanation thread?

How is this relevant to the thread?

She said an announcement will be made when they have 100% of the details on it. Clearly, they don't yet.

I would love to make a playboy bunny outfit for saryn!

Mmmmmmyeah. No thanks. 

If steam workshop comes to warframe, it will likely work the same way as Team Fortress 2 or CS;GO, where players can upload skins or weapons, but they will only be transferred to the game via an official update. something like the tennogen weapon skins.

Yes, this is how I imagine it will work also. Which is awesome - Digital Extremes still control exactly what gets released into the game while the community supplies itself with pants-droppingly brilliant skins to spend Platinum on. One can assume the authors will be getting a share from the sales, so it's a win-win however it turns out.

We are getting hats!

tvHhQ.jpg

Steam in a nutshell. Now they're raking in profits off of markets other companies were too scared to enter ;D

Also I'm sure its going to be voted/approved content. They've already shown they're very interested in fan concepts so I imagine steam workshop would expand upon that. :)

Edited by Sapphic-Sandra

sweetjesus.jpg

NGGGH

Well I hope it will allow stuff like custom gun and blade models, not just textures.

If steam workshop comes to warframe, it will likely work the same way as Team Fortress 2 or CS;GO, where players can upload skins or weapons, but they will only be transferred to the game via an official update. something like the tennogen weapon skins.

It will be nice as people could use it to code thier own warframes... o.O Then we can have stuff besides models and concept art. Same for weapons.