Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steam Workshop?

Gale47

I'm assuming this will just be made to let content creators deliver their work to DE easier.

Because warframe is not a steam exclusive, don't get too hyped for it guys.

It (most likely) will be TF2/Dota style workshop with DE's hand picking what goes in, not a L4D2 style workshop where you subscribe to stuff and it gets downloaded immediately.

Edited by Shifted

Nope.

How is this relevant to the thread?

1) Graaaaaaaaaaahhh (>,<)

2) It isn't,sorry. It's relevant to the person who posted in this thread.

She said an announcement will be made when they have 100% of the details on it. Clearly, they don't yet.

Oh ok. Thanks Grizzly.

Wait a second, why does Warframe of all the games need a steam workshop?

Because just like Tennogen items, fan generated contents were much appreciated. Of course as posts before me already said, DE will be in fully control what to release and what not, and Steam Workshop made it so much easier to manage all of it.

Because I need to kill Grineer in teletubbie outfits.

Well, whatever float your gboat... Alhtough that's an extreme example.

Not sure how warframe is going to get a steam workshop.

This is how I think about it: The workshop can work in several ways. Assuming that the content is skins and such. Or possibly actual weapon designs?

A) User content will be free. When downloaded, the content would only apply to you.

B) User content would cost a few dollars. You buy it and only you would see the content on you.

C) It would be like TF2. People upvote it and it would then be placed into the actual game.

Hmm I wonder...

Oh wow this really is happening isn't it. 

C) It would be like TF2. People upvote it and it would then be placed into the actual game.

It's probably more like CS:GO really. No actual content, just paintjobs.
I do hope it gets expanded to Dota 2 levels of custom content. I.e. armor attachments and whatnot.

As for actual weapons for instance... I don't know, wouldn't count on it, seems too far off IMO.

Edited by Artarrwen

I suspect option C is the one DE's going for, that way they can control what's generated so we don't get a Kawaii Maid Nova-chan Madoka Magicka running around disrupting asthetics, and on top of that both the creator and the publisher get more money.

Still, hope it becomes more than just weapon skins - totally fan-made weapons could help us get all those wacky weapons we've wanted for so long.

Personally, I'm hoping for custom HUDs and alert sounds. I really want to move the minimap or something over to my second screen, and one of my favorite parts of TF2 was changing the 'you are inflicting damage now' bell to the seagulls from Finding Nemo. I used to play mostly Engie and Pyro. My roommates hated me.

I hope it's not a DotA style workshop. I'd love it if it was a L4D2 styled one, you know, only the user would see the skins/whatever and everyone else would see the normal version of the gun or whatever has the skin.

I hope it's not a DotA style workshop. I'd love it if it was a L4D2 styled one, you know, only the user would see the skins/whatever and everyone else would see the normal version of the gun or whatever has the skin.

Oh I'm pretty sure that's for sure. They won't make every players who play with a person with a tons of mods to download all those extra mods in order to play with him, like the good ol' Counter Strike back in the day.

Edited by AlphaWolf003

I don't think that kind of items is allowed, since it's basically stored client-side that could be a way for any intrusion.

In short; client side modifications is a no-go, even if it's only visual.

The items will most likely have to undergo the approval process. I don't see the problem with Dota-type thing (More like CSGO if it's just skins).

It's not like you'll have anime bullS#&amp;&#036; running around because of the workshop.

Oh I'm pretty sure that's for sure. They won't make every players who play with a person with a tons of mods to download all those extra mods in order to play with him, like the good ol' Counter Strike back in the day.

That's not how it works at all.

well, here's to dreaming they allow skyrim levels of cosmetic changes+^_^+ 1st thing i want for WF is 4k textures+^_^+ next up are classic character skins from games of my youth+^_^+

You people are confused as to how workshop could work with an online game such as Warframe.

Pretty sure the whole point of Tennogen contests was to prepare for the workshop integration. That kind of user-generated content is what I'd expect.

well, here's to dreaming they allow skyrim levels of cosmetic changes+^_^+ 1st thing i want for WF is 4k textures+^_^+ next up are classic character skins from games of my youth+^_^+

No. That's not what's going to happen nor should it ever happen.

No. That's not what's going to happen nor should it ever happen.

Actually ,yes, I would love HD texture packs for Warframe. Except for the character skins thing.

That's not how it works at all.

You people are confused as to how workshop could work with an online game such as Warframe.

Pretty sure the whole point of Tennogen contests was to prepare for the workshop integration. That kind of user-generated content is what I'd expect.

So... Team Fortress 2 style? Not much info on this yet so you might want to hold your beer.

It sucks that us standalone client users won't have these... :(

Missed the rubedo Rhino skin, now this...

That may not be the case if they use the Workshop only as a means of letting the community upload their creations for DE to sift through. I'm guessing the skins will find their way out of Steam also.

That would be nice, but unlikely, unfortunately.  That level of freedom in modding seems incompatible with how Warframe is structured.

Personally, whether or not I care about the implementation of the Workshop will depend entirely on whether or not the mods will be free.  I've never spent money on mods, and I never will.

That would be nice, but unlikely, unfortunately.  That level of freedom in modding seems incompatible with how Warframe is structured.

Personally, whether or not I care about the implementation of the Workshop will depend entirely on whether or not the mods will be free.  I've never spent money on mods, and I never will.

These will most probably be community-made skins. So not mods per se but ingame skins we'll spend Platinum on. I don't understand how is this a problem.