Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stamina Mods "exploit"

--Q--PyralisTT

Like I said, I'm confident that the compensation they'll give will be greater than whatever it costs. However, you'll only get the compensation for the Mods that are removed.

Here's the sticky bit:

I believe at one point they said that some of the Stamina mods would simply be re-purposed for Parkour 2.0 rather than removed. For instance, perhaps Acrobat will be changed from 'wallrunning costs 60% less stamina' to 'can latch to walls 60% longer'. So, if you spent all your Fusion Cores maxing every copy of Acrobat, then you'd end up with a similarly useless result of a bunch of maxed Acrobats with a new effect.

So you have to take a guess; which Stamina mods will be re-purposed and which will be completely removed?

THIS!!!

And by that logic... each current mod can be re-purposed,example: "Quick rest" could be faster recharging of that "stamina timer" and "Marathon" could be used for increasing timer duration...

Not everyone watches Devstream.

And usually, DE announces through the forum when something is about to get deprecated.

My guess is, 1 or 2 days before this change, DE is going to explain exactly what is going to happen with the stamina mods.

The reason why they didn't announce it during this devstream is because then people would have 1 to 2 weeks to farm more of these mods and blow this exploit out of proportion.

I'll wait for U17 to hit PC and see what you guys get for those stamina mods.

It's nice to be behind PC sometimes. :)

Nobody believes me when I say console players do this. Complain about later updates but not about exploiting everything that gets nerfed on PC or taking advantage of things like Baro stock or this situation T-T

I would have migrated but I still don't support console companies

The exploit is probably the way Fusion Energy works:
Duplicates fuse at 100% Power->Maybe unranked ones wont be refunded...

Cores and Mods with the same polarity fuse for 50% Power

Other Mods (different polarity) fuse for 25% Power ->Interesting Bit

If you fuse mods with the same polarity you will get them repurposed as fusion cores->Compatible with any other polarity (operating at 50% efficency)

Edited by Cool3303

Seeing as how most stamina related mods are bronze or silver at best, I'm hard pressed to believe even rare 5 cores will be the standard pay out for maxed stam mods.  Gonna max them anyway, because I'm swamped with commons which are friggin' worthless outside of feeding other commons anyway, but still.  I wouldn't count on seeing any legendary cores this time around.

Nobody believes me when I say console players do this. Complain about later updates but not about exploiting everything that gets nerfed on PC or taking advantage of things like Baro stock or this situation T-T

Really it's only fair... While you all are getting time with the new stuff (including the new frame that I want SO BAD!) we should be allowed compensation by way of exploit information

Well, yeah... I mean why would we complain about something that's good for us? I sold all my stuff before the ducat nerfs, bought a lot of T4 keys when they got removed from syndicates, prepared my Excalibur build for the rework, etc...

I don't mind being behind like a lot of console players.

Really it's only fair... While you all are getting time with the new stuff (including the new frame that I want SO BAD!) we should be allowed compensation by way of exploit information

i'm sorry but that reasoning was just.....not to sound like an ! but just $&*&*#(%&~

Jesuz that censorship....anywho it was just bad~

Edited by DiabolicalHamSandwich

I think the exploit is due to the core reimbursement being equal to the value of the ranked mod.  What this means is, it is beneficial to fully rank each stamina mod with polarity-matched junk mods.  By doing so, you think your junk collection, and get cores that can be used freely across any mod polarity.

It isn't super-broken, as far as exploits are concerned, but it is definitely a smart move to keep your "fusion power" free from polarity-based exclusivity.  The problem with this is the credit value to fuse said mods.  It really might not be worth it.

EDIT: The problem with this concept is that fusion with anything other than duplicates loses you 25% to 50% of the fusion power.  The only way to effectively do this transfer is with duplicates, which award 100% of the fusion power.  Assuming DE is reimbursing for the ranked value of any given stamina mod, any polarity-matched or core based fusions end up wasting 50% of their fusion power.  While duplicates use 100%, you still pay credits for the fusion.  This, in turn, may be a bigger waste of credits, even when considering the savings with potential future fusions.

EDIT2:  However, if we accept that DE knows the future fusion cores from the reimbursement will fuse at 50% of their actual value, they might double the fusion power on reimbursement.  If this is the case, the choice to fuse becomes more relevant, because fusing matched mods or fusion cores will yield 100% reimbursement, while duplicate fusions will yield 200%... If the loss in credits is somewhat minimal (say, 5k when you account for future expenditure), then using up your duplicates suddenly becomes the best option.  Doing so manages to waste any fusion power, while potentially allowing you to double your fusion power after the reimbursement.  Duplicate fusing yields the least risk with the highest potential gain.

Edited by Ithloniel

If they base what you get on how many Fusion cores it would have taken to rank up said mod, use all of your duplicates to rank up the stamina mods. When fuseing  duplicate mods together the transfer of "Fusion Energy" is 100% versus the 50% of fusion cores. 

If they base what you get on how many Fusion cores it would have taken to rank up said mod, use all of your duplicates to rank up the stamina mods. When fuseing  duplicate mods together the transfer of "Fusion Energy" is 100% versus the 50% of fusion cores. 

Exactly. :)  This could result in a 200% reimbursement if DE is reimbursing based on fusion-core power usage, instead of straight fusion power.  The worst thing that could happen is you lose ~200k credits on a hunch (depends how many stamina mods you have), and get fusion cores without any polarity limitation.

Edited by Ithloniel