Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stamina Mods "exploit"

--Q--PyralisTT

Basically I figure it's going to be something to do with 'You know we're trading them into cores, so you'll get relative value to rank of mods'. It's more a 'exploit' in a joke sense as I doubt there's much you can exploit when it's likely a script that goes 'x mods = Fusion Core' and what not.

I don't know. All I know is that I'm going to miss Quick Rest. We had a good run.

[size=1]That was intentional, yes[/size]

I think that the exploit has to do with the return you'll get on ranked Stamina mods...

When DE compensates players, they make sure that it's with something of equal or greater value. The Legendary Core thing from a while back was a ridiculous overcompensation.

Therefore, suppose Quick Rest requires 5 Fusion Cores to rank to max. That maxed Quick Rest will be converted into something worth (probably considerably) more than the 5 Fusion Cores that you put into it. Therefore, if you spend all your Fusion Cores to max all your copies of Quick Rest, you'll get tonnes of compensation.

Just a random guess, don't hate me if you try it and it blows up in your face.

I think that the exploit has to do with the return you'll get on ranked Stamina mods...

When DE compensates players, they make sure that it's with something of equal or greater value. The Legendary Core thing from a while back was a ridiculous overcompensation.

Therefore, suppose Quick Rest requires 5 Fusion Cores to rank to max. That maxed Quick Rest will be converted into something worth (probably considerably) more than the 5 Fusion Cores that you put into it. Therefore, if you spend all your Fusion Cores to max all your copies of Quick Rest, you'll get tonnes of compensation.

Just a random guess, don't hate me if you try it and it blows up in your face.

I'd recommend sacrificing crap mods to rank up these stamina mods, just to be safe.  Don't want to dump 5 rare cores only to get a rare back.  Crap mods though?  Unless the most rewarding missions you've been running are T1 voids, credits shouldn't be impossible to come by.

Edited by Littleman88

I'd recommend sacrificing crap mods to rank up these stamina mods, just to be safe.  Don't want to dump 5 rare cores only to get a rare back.  Crap mods though?  Unless the most rewarding missions you've been running are T1 voids, credits shouldn't be impossible to come by.

Like I said, I'm confident that the compensation they'll give will be greater than whatever it costs. However, you'll only get the compensation for the Mods that are removed.

Here's the sticky bit:

I believe at one point they said that some of the Stamina mods would simply be re-purposed for Parkour 2.0 rather than removed. For instance, perhaps Acrobat will be changed from 'wallrunning costs 60% less stamina' to 'can latch to walls 60% longer'. So, if you spent all your Fusion Cores maxing every copy of Acrobat, then you'd end up with a similarly useless result of a bunch of maxed Acrobats with a new effect.

So you have to take a guess; which Stamina mods will be re-purposed and which will be completely removed?

I don't understand why they don't just refund you exactly the amount of fusion energy you put into it plus the credits you spent on it, plus an equivalent rarity core for the mod itself. I guess the credits would differ depending on whether you used duplicate mods, cores, or other mods, but it's not like this is an R10 mod here... if I'm not mistaken they're all common or uncommon and none of them go higher than R5. No one has really sunk a huge amount of credits into these things.

I don;t see the point in not using them, or using them. Fusion energy is fusion energy. Those commons are worth the same amount of energy as the R5s you would have spent, so does it really matter which you spend?

That is, unless you just like to hoard R5s for no reason and watch the counter go up in your collection.