Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

#deathtothelotus

if anyone was war criminals, it was the Orokin. They deserved every death we gave them.

Imagine the Orokin empire and people in it. Imagine a lonely insignificant individual in it, let's call him Grikn Frizzly, an engineer in one of the Orokin towers :] Now, this dude does not do anything but work to earn a living in the empire, pays taxes, repairs stuff, etc. And then suddenly a bunch of tennos gangbang and beat him to death with dead bodies of Orokin babies for being an "oppressor" and "greedy" and all. How did he earn his death? He chose to be born as Orokin? That's hilarious :]

I bet you'd send humans to gas chambers if Lotus ordered you to lol

Imagine the Orokin empire and people in it. Imagine a lonely insignificant individual in it, let's call him Grikn Frizzly, an engineer in one of the Orokin towers :] Now, this dude does not do anything but work to earn a living in the empire, pays taxes, repairs stuff, etc. And then suddenly a bunch of tennos gangbang and beat him to death with dead bodies of Orokin babies for being an "oppressor" and "greedy" and all. How did he earn his death? He chose to be born as Orokin? That's hilarious :]

Let them bath in their ignorance and blind faith and trust.

Edited by Altey

Let them bath in their ignorance and blind faith.

I still highly doubt that the Tenno murdered civilians, the fact that people from the Orokin Era like the father in the Anti Moa Codex (who identified as Orokin at least at one point in his past) lived stand testament to that, but even more so is the fact that a Tenno eliminated the Infestation to save a Dax - another of the Orokin - and a Lorist - not Orokin but still under their rule.

It continues to strike me that the Tenno simply cut down the Emperors, and probably anyone who tried to get in their way. They didn't just go about murdering civilians.

I still highly doubt that the Tenno murdered civilians, the fact that people from the Orokin Era like the father in the Anti Moa Codex (who identified as Orokin at least at one point in his past) lived stand testament to that, but even more so is the fact that a Tenno eliminated the Infestation to save a Dax - another of the Orokin - and a Lorist - not Orokin but still under their rule.

It continues to strike me that the Tenno simply cut down the Emperors, and probably anyone who tried to get in their way. They didn't just go about murdering civilians.

Morec0 to the rescue! Thank you very much.

The Lotus be the Word, the Tenno be the Deed.

So you do share my point that tennos are guilty of treason, regicide and murder, all you question is the quantity of people they slaughtered?

You know, they could have walked away from the empire, that's what you do when you don't like your job, you don't kill your boss or your co-workers like tennos did.

Edited by SeaUrchins

So you do share my point that tennos are guilty of treason, regicide and murder, all you question is the quantity of people they slaughtered?

You know, they could have walked away from the empire, that's what you do when you don't like your job, you don't kill your boss or your co-workers like tennos did.

Your boss and co-workers also don't create thinking, feeling life and then attempt to lord over it like it's some kind of lesser creature - i.e. the Grineer (and possibly the Sentients, but exactly what led to the Old War will explain that when it's revealed).

And let's not forget that the Tenno themselves also weren't willing employees, they were child experiments turned into what we play as.

Edited by Morec0

Your boss and co-workers also don't create thinking, feeling life and then attempt to lord over it like it's some kind of lesser creature.

If they did, would that mean that I have the right to take their lives instead of resigning my position? Is murdering less technologically developed species a crime more than murdering a more developed creature? :]

As for creating creatures and lording over them, that is what we do with kubrows, should they kill us? :]

What if the Orokin were as superior in terms of intelligence to tenno, as we are to kubrows? Would that justify their fiddling with tenno life? :]

Edited by SeaUrchins

If they did, would that mean that I have the right to take their lives instead of resigning my position? Is murdering less technologically developed species a crime more than murdering a more developed creature? :]

As for creating creatures and lording over them, that is what we do with kubrows, should they kill us? :]

What if the Orokin were as superior in terms of intelligence to tenno, as we are to kubrows? Would that justify their fiddling with tenno life? :]

What breed of logic is that?

What breed of logic is that?

The same kind P.E.T.A. uses, most likely.

Long story short, SeaUrchin; sapient creatures like the Grineer, Tenno, and Sentients are a far stretch from animals like the kubrow. So, yes, treating the kubrows as we do, pets and tools, is justifiable; the enslavement of beings like the Orokin did is not.

In theory it adds a reason not to be affiliated with a certain faction in game, which is what the OP stated, so it is relevant.

P.S. you realise nothing of the statements by Lotus apologists could not have triggered the genocide of the Orokin? :]

Edited by SeaUrchins

I think we should get a choice on who is the one to speak and guide us through our battles. I personally think we should be able to choose after the rank 3 unlocking the syndicate and maxing out a syndicate whether we become a operant of that syndicate and ditch the lotus. If this was a option i would've joined the red veil by now and i kinda wish we got a choice instead of blindly following the lotus into battle and be able to chose whose motives we think are right *cough* *cough* Red Veil #DeathToTheLotus

"You are a fire as feared as you are respected" - Red Veil

rewrite the lore, maybe DE takes it ... and ... fix your troubles with the female part on this planet, dude ... share your ideas with your mom at first hand, it could help ... XD LOL

Edited by 3QUINOX

Killing civvies isn't balancing the system, I doubt civvies were killed in the uprising. I lol'd at "beating him to death with dead Orokin babies"

As for the second part...

200_s.gif

In theory it adds a reason not to be affiliated with a certain faction in game, which is what the OP stated, so it is relevant.

P.S. you realise nothing of the statements by Lotus apologists could not have triggered the genocide of the Orokin? :]

*sigh* I hate to invoke Goodwin's law... But you'd never see people as trying to say a "genocide" (better word: extermination) against the Nazis would be a morally wrong idea and whoever set it into motion is evil...

*sigh* I hate to invoke Goodwin's law... But you'd never see people as trying to say a "genocide" (better word: extermination) against the Nazis would be a morally wrong idea and whoever set it into motion is evil...

Well, Lotus likes to say the word "Exterminate" a lot.

Kinda confused with the OP. The Red Veil and Lotus have the same end goal. There means for achieving it differ a bit but they both want balance restored to the system. 

The thing is that I dont really trust her because she saved us once doesn't mean we should trust her as she is also holding information about our past and wont share it with us makes it even more fishy