Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Now That The New Movement System Is Almost Here

rechot

what melee weapon will you be using. I have been using the tipedo with fury quickening berserker and a max arcane strike for maximum speed. Now that movement will not be based off your melee weapon as much what weapon will you be bringing to the battlefield.

I will be bringing the scindo prime. I have always loved heavy melee weapons. 

Dual Kama & Dex Dakra.

No clue why but Dual Kama has been my favorite melee since it came out. Something about hatchet/scythes makes me happy.

And the Dex Dakra look like Warframe's version of keyblades to me for whatever reason.

I'll be going Excalibur with transient fortitude and intensify (still need blind rage). I'll just use his ult like I always have. Otherwise I'll use the dragon nikana with the other frames.

dont put blind rage on it the energy consumption is too high

Still going to stick to Orthos Prime, most likely.

You can still use Blind Rage at rank 2 without any efficiency loss if you max out Fleeting Expertise and Streamline.

That's an additional 27%. Almost like an extra Intensify.

Well lately I've fallen in love with the Redeemer.... However I haven't played long enough to really know for sure what weapon I'd stick with in the long run...

Turns into a sniper rifle if you fire it while a primary or secondary is equipped and zoomed.  Has damage fall off though.

Can be fired during the chamberless/empty mag reload of a primary or secondary without interrupting the reload.

It's actually pretty crap as a melee weapon in my opinion, but as a support tool for Tenno that primarily like to use guns, invaluable.  Fitting that it matches the Tigris aesthetically.  Fire tigris -> fire redeemer -> tigris is finished reloading.

Edited by Littleman88

No it's not. If you're going to be using nothing, but EB, then the energy consumption is 100% manageable. That's with a R8 B Rage. I haven't ranked mine up to over 8 yet though, i haven't decided if i wanted it higher. 

More specifically on topic, if you're using melee just for coptering, you're missing out in the CC potential things like the Jat can put on the table and the utility throwing melee have. I can't wait for the weapon type specific mods to really make those melee weapons have something more than "look at my numbers" because then the game might make a healthy shift towards a better game. At least better than these "Nerf it to the ground" threads, but i digress. Point is, I'm looking forward to seeing some nice changes toward that obviously weak weapon group known as melee. 

Turns into a sniper rifle if you fire it while a primary or secondary is equipped and zoomed. Has damage fall off though.

Can be fired during the chamberless/empty mag reload of a primary or secondary without interrupting the reload.

It's actually pretty crap as a melee weapon in my opinion, but as a support tool for Tenno that primarily like to use guns, invaluable. Fitting that it matches the Tigris aesthetically. Fire tigris -> fire redeemer -> tigris is finished reloading.

I haven't gotten a Tigris yet so I haven't tried that out... I think redeemer is gorgeous as a melee though! It goes amazingly with my rush recklessly into combat playstyle while still giving me a bit more range when I need it... I don't really use guns though so that might be why I need it XD I'm an atrocious shot and have horrid reaction times so a slower bashier type weapon works well for me

Hard to say because I like switching up anyway. But it will definitely make playing with melee weapons a tad more interesting. At least with the still current mobility system, some places are impossible to get to without a specific Warframe, mod build and/or melee weapons. Now though with Parkour 2.0, I have to worry less about these issues as I at least have a reasonable chance to get to places regardless of a setup. Although I still do wish a setup could have an impact to your movement but only a slight one compared to how drastic it is currently.

Edited by BETAOPTICS