Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Community Feedback On Update 17 And Other Problems (De Take A Look)

tripletriple

Yup, flying through the air only to hit a corner of a wall and staying there for 3 seconds, unable to move was fun. Only using my Tipedo and Ceramic Dagger was fun. Wall running only to randomly eject from the wall or hitting a small bump and falling off was fun. Or being unable to control when I stop on a wall run was fun. So fun.

Basically you're mad and don't want to learn the new system because you think coptoring is so much better. Next you'll probably something like, "We were space ninjas but now we're space bunnies," to insult parkour 2.0 and make coptoring look like the better solution. But my god, bulletjump can take you higher than direction melee could. It's nice not flying through every mission and getting a sense of acceleration(which I do think they should make it faster) when you chain bulletjumps and doublejumps.

Git gud, cry some more.

git gud?  I'm not sure it's worth it yet.  Something fun was replaced with something less fun.  Mostly the way melee was nerfed for parkour 2.0 to be justifiable.  I'm still giving it a shot, but I am having less fun in missions.  I'm having less desire to even log in.  The lost flying attacks were a fun way to carry you across the tedious parts of missions to the fun parts.  Parkour 2.0 is a mobility nerf.  Mission time to completion feels slow and tedious now, slower than going melee-less pre-nerf.  You complain about your own lack of skill in using melee for mobility and then you say "git gud"?  hypocrite much?

1 hour T3 to T4 survivals are common and doable enough for most semi-geared players.

So there is nothing wrong expecting guns to function at that level. 

Also Raids do get increased level as well.

not everybody does 1 hour survivals. I've met hardly anybody who has done that, and I'm in a massive clan and often use recruiting chat. Its not as common as you might think, and same goes for raids. Its very rare to find anything in levels of 95 or even close to that. Its one weapon out of many that was slightly nerfed for a niche crowd. How does it fair again crowds of enemies? A horde of corrupted butchers or lancers, all leveled appropriately? How about a single bombard in a level range that isn't stacked against you? "oh no it takes an extra second to kill an hour into a mission than before!" No mission is designed like that, dont play it up.

Utility Slots

I think it'd be fine to have exilus slots take no drain. With some of the new utility mods we'll still have to invest quite a bit to fully level them up.

Parkour

My only beef with Parkour 2.0 is that wall running/climbing is difficult to use when already in movement. The fluid transition is very difficult to get into. Otherwise, all else is perfect in my book

Also, OP, might wanna add Equinox changes to your post

Equinox

Metamorphosis: Increase the strength of the buff, maybe the timer as well

Rest/Rage: Increase base range by about 2m

Pacify/Provoke: Decrease Pacify's intense drain, have Provoke offer something for the frame itself as well. Increase base range of both

Mend/Maim: Give a passive to Mend. Increase base range of both

not everybody does 1 hour survivals. I've met hardly anybody who has done that, and I'm in a massive clan and often use recruiting chat. Its not as common as you might think, and same goes for raids. Its very rare to find anything in levels of 95 or even close to that. Its one weapon out of many that was slightly nerfed for a niche crowd. How does it fair again crowds of enemies? A horde of corrupted butchers or lancers, all leveled appropriately? How about a single bombard in a level range that isn't stacked against you? "oh no it takes an extra second to kill an hour into a mission than before!" No mission is designed like that, dont play it up.

"Oh, well, it's never happened to me, so it must not occur for anyone at all!"

Are you really that self centered to think that just becaue You don't run these missions or the people You don't interact with don't do them, that they must be rare?

I play on Xbox. I've only been playing for a couple of months. That means, that I'm not as highly geared as other people are. I've only got a few frames with forma on them at all, and only a couple of weapons with forma, and that's mostly due to the fact that a friend who makes more money than he needs gifted me a bunch of supplies to make them, and an XP Booster to relevel things.

However, I can tell you, that even though I don't have the best stuff, I know that I, personally, have run more than a few hour long missions in survival or gone to wave 60 in defense. Including in Tower 4.

So, then, this means that, myself, as a still a fairly new player to this game only on the cusp of having "end-game" weapons and frames, has completed these missions, then, logically, people who have played this game far longer than I have (especially on PC) must have as well. I'm not saying, just because I have done something, then others must have, I'm saying that, if I am capable of palying after only a couple of months, then the people who have been playing for over a year are at least equally as capable, or more so, than I am.

There are more people playing this game with a longer playtime than me, than there are people who are playing with less playtime than me. That means that there are more people in this game that are fully capable of going at least 1 hour in survival missions, or longer, than there are that are not capable.

To assume that, out of all those players, that those who see level 95 or level 100 is very rare, based of Your personal experience indicates a level of arrogance that needs therapy.

TL;DR There are tons of people who play at high level content, despite what your own personal experience indicates. You are not the center of the universe, and the experiences of your life are not indicative of the average expereince of others.

"Oh, well, it's never happened to me, so it must not occur for anyone at all!"

Are you really that self centered to think that just becaue You don't run these missions or the people You don't interact with don't do them, that they must be rare?

I play on Xbox. I've only been playing for a couple of months. That means, that I'm not as highly geared as other people are. I've only got a few frames with forma on them at all, and only a couple of weapons with forma, and that's mostly due to the fact that a friend who makes more money than he needs gifted me a bunch of supplies to make them, and an XP Booster to relevel things.

However, I can tell you, that even though I don't have the best stuff, I know that I, personally, have run more than a few hour long missions in survival or gone to wave 60 in defense. Including in Tower 4.

So, then, this means that, myself, as a still a fairly new player to this game only on the cusp of having "end-game" weapons and frames, has completed these missions, then, logically, people who have played this game far longer than I have (especially on PC) must have as well. I'm not saying, just because I have done something, then others must have, I'm saying that, if I am capable of palying after only a couple of months, then the people who have been playing for over a year are at least equally as capable, or more so, than I am.

There are more people playing this game with a longer playtime than me, than there are people who are playing with less playtime than me. That means that there are more people in this game that are fully capable of going at least 1 hour in survival missions, or longer, than there are that are not capable.

To assume that, out of all those players, that those who see level 95 or level 100 is very rare, based of Your personal experience indicates a level of arrogance that needs therapy.

TL;DR There are tons of people who play at high level content, despite what your own personal experience indicates. You are not the center of the universe, and the experiences of your life are not indicative of the average expereince of others.

Please reread what was written. They didnt say it cant be done. They said going for an hour in pugs is not a common occurence.

The average player goes for 20-40 mins in Survival. 25-40 waves in Defense. 8 rounds in Interception.

Only Hard Core farmers and those wanting a "slightly" more difficult  challenge, go 1hour +.

On Topic: How many topics are there about getting nothing but Forma from Void droptables?

Now look at the cost of an Exilus slot, 2 Formas. Thats less than most Dojo weapons. You only need to polarize if you want to decrease cost.

Edited by (XB1)LordPuck

OP, you might want to rephrase your title/post.  I've been reading these forums as well over the past two days, and I've seen just as many people happy about U17 as unhappy, yet you only represent here those who are unhappy (and further claim it is a majority when it is not).  Your post is dripping with bias, and to claim you speak for the entire community is presumptuous at best.  You definitely don't speak for me.

-angry-

You completely missed what I said. I know full well there are some players that go for hours at a time. I've been here since the game released in open beta, I know full well what people will do. What I was saying is that the vast MINORITY go for hours at a time in missions. Just about every person I see in a public game will want to leave as late as wave 25. 30 if they are feeling particularly adventurous. However, even when this happens on Pluto I will not see levels anywhere close to 95. When I attempted the raid with a friend we didn't see anything close to 95. When I did wave 30 in the void I never saw anything close to 95. In fact, the highest I have ever seen consistently is 50. Every person in my clan has seen about the same, every person I have ever seen in my two years of this game has only seen upwards of 50-55 on the level scale. Anybody who is facing off against levels 95+ I purposefully going into unbalanced content with the idea of "lets test ourselves." Note the keywords "unbalanced content." You are meant to be at a disadvantage. Now, I will not deny with the video that the boar is nerfed. HOWEVER, the evidence provided shows a niche scenario experience by only a handful of people. That does not necessarily justify a buff, especially not when the largest gap in time to kill shown is around one second, something which makes very little difference in missions of such high levels, as crowd control is more important than how fast you can kill.

Please, read what I say more carefully next time.

You completely missed what I said. I know full well there are some players that go for hours at a time. I've been here since the game released in open beta, I know full well what people will do. What I was saying is that the vast MINORITY go for hours at a time in missions. Just about every person I see in a public game will want to leave as late as wave 25. 30 if they are feeling particularly adventurous. However, even when this happens on Pluto I will not see levels anywhere close to 95. When I attempted the raid with a friend we didn't see anything close to 95. When I did wave 30 in the void I never saw anything close to 95. In fact, the highest I have ever seen consistently is 50. Every person in my clan has seen about the same, every person I have ever seen in my two years of this game has only seen upwards of 50-55 on the level scale. Anybody who is facing off against levels 95+ I purposefully going into unbalanced content with the idea of "lets test ourselves." Note the keywords "unbalanced content." You are meant to be at a disadvantage. Now, I will not deny with the video that the boar is nerfed. HOWEVER, the evidence provided shows a niche scenario experience by only a handful of people. That does not necessarily justify a buff, especially not when the largest gap in time to kill shown is around one second, something which makes very little difference in missions of such high levels, as crowd control is more important than how fast you can kill.

Please, read what I say more carefully next time.

You might want to re-read what you wrote then.

"I've met hardly anybody who has done that..."

"Its not as common as you might think, and same goes for raids."

"Its very rare to find anything in levels of 95 or even close to that."

The issue is that it seems far more common than you think it is. Just because you've hardly met anyone that's done it, does not mean there are not lots of people who do it. You only represent a tiny piece of the accumulated data of the experiences of players.

There are tons of videos and posts of people going to higher levels of enemies at 70+. This isn't a level that's hard to reach, especially if you're doing higher level Void missions, or Raids. It's not like fighting enemies in the 80s is hard to achieve, or as rare as you think it is.

Again, you are using only your personal experience to shape the assumption of the average experience for everyone in the game. You do not represent the average. You represent a small part of the average. You cannot know how many people truly do encounter enemies of level 75+, the only ones who can tell us this, work for DE.

However, it doesn't really matter how many people do or do not, the fact of the matter remains that the Boar has been nerfed. To say otherwise means you are misinformed (and after the video, you aren't) or intentionally lying.

You might want to re-read what you wrote then.

"I've met hardly anybody who has done that..."

"Its not as common as you might think, and same goes for raids."

"Its very rare to find anything in levels of 95 or even close to that."

The issue is that it seems far more common than you think it is. Just because you've hardly met anyone that's done it, does not mean there are not lots of people who do it. You only represent a tiny piece of the accumulated data of the experiences of players.

There are tons of videos and posts of people going to higher levels of enemies at 70+. This isn't a level that's hard to reach, especially if you're doing higher level Void missions, or Raids. It's not like fighting enemies in the 80s is hard to achieve, or as rare as you think it is.

Again, you are using only your personal experience to shape the assumption of the average experience for everyone in the game. You do not represent the average. You represent a small part of the average. You cannot know how many people truly do encounter enemies of level 75+, the only ones who can tell us this, work for DE.

However, it doesn't really matter how many people do or do not, the fact of the matter remains that the Boar has been nerfed. To say otherwise means you are misinformed (and after the video, you aren't) or intentionally lying.

The point that I am making is indeed, it has been nerfed, but it's not as big of a deal as people think it is. It's hardly anything, and taking slightly longer to kill one enemy in a level range that isn't balanced by the devs nor really intended to be reached. That's why i want to know how well it performs in all scenarios, with an actually realistic representation of what it does. This is a nerf I agree, but to say that the entire community is upset about this is misleading. Most people never noticed/nor cared about this change, and some even praise it for being a bit more ammo efficient, which was a major drawback.

And I told you, all the people in my clan/friends/recruiting chat that I have met have on average only ever gone up to 50-60, even when I ask them if we want to go for longer. Been doing this since clans came out and since endless defense has been around. It's not difficult to find out that after two-ish years of this, that the average for 1k~ players if not more is not level 95. Those who do the raid might experience it, but even that's only 70-80, NOT 95 like the video shows. The content shown was niche content, and it was a very minor nerf within that niche content. Taking approximately one extra second to kill an enemy in a level range so far beyond what you are balanced for is acceptable, considering you are dealing with insane armor and health. The large majority DO NOT experience that level range frequently enough for it to be considered normal, and is closer to a large minority than anything. You personally might go that high a lot, but many other people do not. A lot more people do not.

TL;DR It's not as big of a nerf as you think it is, and could actually be a buff

Edited by theammostore

4. Kubrow RNG and RNG in general/Equinox.

With the incubator buff came great additions that should have been standard and default when it comes to incubators and kubrows. However, this was thrown in as an upgrade in order to receive more revenue instead. Quality of life fixes should NOT be thrown in as a platinum/dojo upgrade. The amount of effort it takes to get the kubrow you want is almost sickening. Something should be done about it.

Possible solution: Introduce an item that makes the egg have a better chance to hatch the kubrow you need. Can be crafted/bought for plat.

Man how can you expect fix the RNG problem adding something that is RNG based, it make no sense lol

I have been keeping track of what the community has been saying about update 17 and other issues and decided to post it in hopes DE might see it. This is all not my opinion but what the majority of the community thinks. Me personally I think it was a great update. However there were some steps taken back.

1. Utility slots.

2. Parkour 2.0.

3. "Shotgun buffs".

4. Kubrow RNG and RNG in general/Equinox.

RNG quest.  This shouldn't exist plain and simple.

Gotta give props for the effort and the write up, but, unfortunately, I cannot give a +1 since it seems you took into account mainly all the gripes some of the community has expressed and left out all the other arguments the other side of the community brought up against them.

1. I read through most of the threads about the high cost of the exilis bp and while the majority does think is high, there are others who think it's acceptable since it does not effect your build in any way and is simply an option we have if we want to add to our build. 

Personal opinion: while I don't like scanning one bit, I actually think the cost is fine since I see it as a bonus for your build

2. Most of the whiners on these topics are the harcore copterers. I was actually one of them. The builds three of my five main frames revolved around coptering and moving extremely quickly in and out. However, I do have to agree we lost speed and feels sluggish, but overall, I prefer this new movement system. An in increase in base speed for movement/momentum would be appreciated, though.

3. As I am not a boar (the main gripe it seems), I will leave this topic to the ones who have experience with this gun. But as someone who just wanted the feel and usefulness of a regular shotgun, I'm very happy with the the buff the other were given, namely hek, tigris, (and surprisingly the new jewel i found) sobek.

4. Kubrow breeding has been rng from the start. I don't know anyone expected the new breed to be different. Also, if you don't want rng for the utility of your companion, sentinels are still very much a thing. Kubrows, to me, have always been just an extra add-on to the companions. Basically like the vanilla frame vs their prime counterparts.

rng quest. I think most of the gripes on this topic is simply due to wanting to be able to play the quest immediately. Not much to say on this really as I'm also very ok with this.

Utility Slot: It's free and it's optional, I can't understand the complaining.

Try makeing one for each of your frames. It takes at least 4 days to make 1. If you have all the componets, If not its +2 days of forma crafting.

1. I read through most of the threads about the high cost of the exilis bp and while the majority does think is high, there are others who think it's acceptable since it does not effect your build in any way and is simply an option we have if we want to add to our build. 

Same here. Comunity asked for it for monthes and now that we get it its a grindfest.

Edited by Xardis

tripletriple, on 02 Aug 2015 - 02:28 AM, said:

You know a little bit of research does wonders. It helps you from making a fool out of yourself. Just a bit of advice my friend.

I did, if you read my first two posts. Not sure if I made a "fool" out of myself since I didn't run into this, or at the time, really any thread regarding this, like I stated. Is it any worse then asking twice already and not answering (one could argue you just ignored it, but digressions) of my question and not really specifying what exactly what was "nerfed" in your original post? Like, I don't know, what was "nerfed" exactly since we're talking about the Boar Prime? Damage numbers, reload speed, fire rate, status chance, etc? You told us nothing about it or the Strun Wraith.

Or the fact that making alot of statements here with no information to back up your claims then others to prod you to provide us what you were even talking about? That seems alot more foolish then me or theamostore from earlier asking you to provide us some information you clearly didn't want to share for whatever reason.

Just flipping the coin there, so I'd take your own advice. Or atleast back up any statements that more then just one person asked for some simple numbers. Not sure why you couldn't have done it in the first place. Then I or any other wouldn't have been asking in the first place.

I didn't run into this so I'll take a look as well. So thanks for atleast providing what you were talking since just saying "One with video proof." that doesn't tell us anything.

Like you said, doing a bit of research does wonders. It seems very foolish for someone who couldn't even do that in the first place.

Edited by HalfDarkShadow