Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Community Feedback On Update 17 And Other Problems (De Take A Look)

tripletriple

yeah i agree with everything on the list would be cool to seen parkour 2.1 and shotgun buffs instead of changes they dident realy become more or less powerfull they just redistributed the power when they needed a plain out buff oh also

snipers need higher damage no crit chance and 10x damage on headshot also should have outlines of enemys when scoped in and 10m object punch through

Clunky and Slow are exactly the right words.  With an old tonbo jump attack I point my crosshair, jump and attack, and I landed exactly where I intended.  The new stuff is extremely short range, extremely slow, takes more fruitless button mashing, and most importantly, less fun.  No, doing a wall jump is not fun in and of itself.  Doing a double jump is not fun in and of itself.  Wall running was fun.  Spin attacking straight through several targets was fun.  Flying through levels was fun.  A spin attack barely even reaching, or failing to reach a target is not fun. Having every melee weapon suck equally is not fun.  Parkour 2.0 killed the most fun part of Warframe.  I'll give it a couple weeks and see if the fun:suck ratio gets pulled back into the "worth it" territory, if maybe there's something in Parkour 2.0 that's not a sad waste.  Ultimately it sounds like pandering to the "I want everyone to suck as as bad as I do" crowd who could never quite figure out how to traverse a level.

Edited by mkah_mvet

-Snip-

1.) The Utility Slots:

Being honest, I see no issue.  I would have NEVER used rush before in most of my builds unless i was doing a speed-run volt style gimmick build.  Heck and with the new parkour mods I would have NEVER had the space to equip them.  With this, they now have their slot, and you can save your main loadout area for your usual.

I believe that a extra forma or two wont kill anyone and infact it is helpful.  I don't feel forced into any build, because with 3 forma in my Equinox I actually have plenty of room to switch on the fly.

Note: making the utility mods in that slot NOT cost anything would NOT make me happy.

2.) Parkour 2.0:

Give it a Week or two, GET one of the parkour mods and... utilize that utility slot dude.  Parkour is DEFINATELY not slow and once you get used to it... it's not clunky at all.

3.) Shotgun Buff:

I do agree...  The Strun wraiths 4.1 Reload just looks horrifying.  However, you can reload each clip individually and 'apparently' it isn't that bad.  I need to do some further testing.

4. Kubrow RNG and RNG in General/Equinox.

Granted QoL changes are nice, but they aren't required in this case.  I know that it is difficult owning a Kubrow and this is what makes it better.  However, this wasn't a ploy to 'just' get more revenue but a option for people who wanted a extra cushy chair in their car instead of that old but functioning leather one.

This whole game is about Time/Effort investment being honest, and however just talking about kubrows I do agree that the RNG behind the whole kubrow breeding NEEDS to be looked at.

This game ALWAYS has had a massive grind to it, everything is a grind although I am not attempting to excuse the gameplay for that fact I'm just stating that if you've been here long enough you should be used to it by now.

5. Other Issues

Melee:

A few melee weapons, definately.  Gameplay behind melee really, truly does need a buff because at the end of the day when the going gets tough unless you are Excal or a tanky AF Chroma you aren't going to be running up to enemies and swatting at them.

Sharkwing:

It is a interesting Idea but it is VERY confusing starting out, the first time I jumped in I had NO idea where to go, it is way to obscure

Valkyr:

I want her to get a buff in general to match Excals, maybe not with energy waves but... she needs 'something'.

Ash...  Didn't ever hear about him teleporting TO his shurikens. Was this in the patch notes?  Why not just have him teleport where he is aiming [within range]?

Did this update also made the enemy do less damage? or just me? and also noticed they accuracy is really bad even when the teno is on the ground.  

Not sure about damage but accuracy got changed for sure. This is what it should've been in the first place.

The Natah quest is basically not for Vets. 

Because the drone will appear for anyone from MR3 and up.

If you play normally, you will chance upon it. Eventually.

If you are already reaching MR20 like me, it is understandable that you will feel frustrated since you have to play practically a lot of missions to get it.

Thankfully I managed to complete the quest. 

Also it seems to spawn more frequently for me when I solo and most Uranus content is dirt easy for you vets anyway.

So go solo and find him.

Edited by fatpig84

Got any stats to help you there? I haven't seen any proof anywhere it was nerfed

Yeah after looking briefly earlier, I didn't find anything close to a "nerf", since he didn't provide any information for me regarding the Boar Prime.

Like I mentioned earlier, since the update, the Boar Prime's performance has been overall better then it was previously when I was messing around with it today.

Other then some minor adjusments, particularly the reload time went up by 0.5 of a second, it's negligible since even at the original 2.3 seconds is already long to not have a reload speed mod to begin with. So in that regard, it's fine since the damage increase went up noticeably to even things out. Of course with most shotguns, within optimal range, the damage is more significantly prevalent.

Beyond that, I found nothing else other then the damage increase. And due to OP ignoring my question and not providing anything, makes me lean towards the whole, just read a forum post or two regarding the boar prime and took it for face value, possibly without sitting down with the weapon personally for a good hour or two and see how it performs other then what it says on paper. I'm not going to assume that far, but I wouldn't be surprised since it's pretty normal to see that on the net.

At most though, I'm pretty sure the "nerf" bit the OP said was just a hyperbole and nothing else.

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

Yeah after looking briefly earlier, I didn't find anything close to a "nerf", since he didn't provide any information for me regarding the Boar Prime.

Like I mentioned earlier, since the update, the Boar Prime's performance has been overall better then it was previously when I was messing around with it today.

Other then some minor adjusments, particularly the reload time went up by 0.5 of a second, it's negligible since even at the original 2.3 seconds is already long to not have a reload speed mod to begin with. So in that regard, it's fine since the damage increase went up noticeably to even things out. Of course with most shotguns, within optimal range, the damage is more significantly prevalent.

Beyond that, I found nothing else other then the damage increase. And due to OP ignoring my question and not providing anything, makes me lean towards the whole read a forum post or two that I could find regarding the boar prime and took it for face value, possibly without sitting down with the weapon for a good hour or two and see how it performs other then what it says on paper? I'm not going to assume that far, but I wouldn't be surprised since it's pretty normal to see that on the net.

At most though, I'm pretty sure the "nerf" bit was just a hyperbole and nothing else.

You know a little bit of research does wonders. It helps you from making a fool out of yourself. Just a bit of advice my friend. 

Edited by tripletriple

You know a little bit of research does wonders. It helps you from making a fool out of yourself. Just a bit of advice my friend. 

-snip-

Okay so it's only a real nerf to high end content. Something almost nobody outside of the hardcorest of the hardcore would ever do. Nobody is ever level 95 unless they are way deep into Survival and that point I hear TTK is worthless and it's more about how well you can CC.

Fair enough that one weapon got a nerf in niche content, but it's a minor one at that.

One thing i'd like to point out to the ones saying utility slot is fine as it is, and min-maxing is supposed to make you sacrifice. The new slot was presented as a way to have more flexibility and use those mods that have no room, not to lock you into a build with huge cost.

which brings me to my second point: Forma.

Please dont forget the reason SOME players have so much forma is because it drops in the void instead of the desired prime part. So IMHO the solution is not "lets make a forma sink" (because not all of us are drowning in them) but to have better void drops (hint: guaranteed prime part @ rot.C)

Okay so it's only a real nerf to high end content. Something almost nobody outside of the hardcorest of the hardcore would ever do. Nobody is ever level 95 unless they are way deep into Survival and that point I hear TTK is worthless and it's more about how well you can CC.

Fair enough that one weapon got a nerf in niche content, but it's a minor one at that.

1 hour T3 to T4 survivals are common and doable enough for most semi-geared players.

So there is nothing wrong expecting guns to function at that level. 

Also Raids do get increased level as well.

Disagree on the parkour part. I personally find it faster than coptering, since i don't overshoot my target anymore. Also it flows really well during battle, which is something coptering was incapable of doing.

The only other point I really strongly agree on is the new mod slot. I feel that we should get more points if we get another mod slot.

utility slots are fine because if you need one that means you already used forma to fit everything else you need in a good build

valkyr doesn't need a buff shes perfect the way she is 

sharkwing is way better than archwing 

melee is not lackluster and it doesn't need a buff either maybe learn how to mod 

PK 2.0 slow and clunky? Lol OK

This thread bleeds entitled teenager, "I shouldn't have to work for things, give me game on silver platter". Then you point out that things like this are in plenty of other games and the response is " we don't want Warframe to be like other games ". Ooh I see so it's entirely because you want the game to be better and not because you want to be lazy and not put in effort. My mistake for not seeing it

In the context of additions to a video game, yes.

Well, sorry but that makes no sense, something free done wrong, no matter the context is a missed opportunity.

Would you still feel the same way if DE decided to add FREE deaths? imagine running around and you randomly died, for free...

Read yourself before you click on that accept button...

Edited by Orbister

Do you have any numbers regarding this by the way? Like was it in one of the patch notes recently? Or there's a post around testing the performance of the boar prime?

Not because I don't believe you (though I guess maybe for anyone else lol), its only because I had no idea regarding boar prime. It seems that it's performing a lot better overall. And I don't recall seeing anything regarding it in the patch notes (could have just missed, so much info in them xD), unless users started doing some thorough test runs and provided some interesting results.

I love the little guy next to my Kohm, but it seems, like I said, performing just fine/better then it previously was; so I'm just curious about, if there's a detriment now to keep an eye on/to consider when i bring it to higher-level missions~

I Had a thread up with a video showing the Before and after of the Boar P. It was locked and deleted by mods. Boar P was straight nerfed and made S#&$ tier.

Edited by Azur_Fenix

Well, sorry but that makes no sense, something free done wrong, no matter the context is a missed opportunity.

Would you still feel the same way if DE decided to add FREE deaths? imagine running around and you randomly died, for free...

Read yourself before you click on that accept button...

'Free and optional' was what I said in my first post. Free optional deaths would be good, because they would be optional and thus wouldn't kill you.

Slight exaggeration, but at the very least it wouldn't be 'bad', which is what alot of people are making out the new slot to be. 

Why don't you read before you post yourself, rather than trying to pick silly little holes in what I said?

And be grateful, the update was free. Some people sound like kids at Christmas who didn't get the present they wanted, and so they're going to throw a tantrum till their parent gets them what they want.

About Exilus slot it will be better reduce the cost to 1 cell/1 neurode/1 neural sensor/1 gallium or 1 morphic and 30k creds.

Currently this is so expensive. 2 formas lol, nice joke..

Otherwise it should be possible to add augments on Exilus slot and add a last one.

Sharkwing: this is cool but so slow and bugged.

Parkour 2.0: nothing to say, I love it.

Armor for Kub/Capes/new sigil: same, I love it.

The new quest: THIS IS AWESOME, we want more like that! *-*

Edited by CGs_Knackie

Clunky and Slow are exactly the right words.  With an old tonbo jump attack I point my crosshair, jump and attack, and I landed exactly where I intended.  The new stuff is extremely short range, extremely slow, takes more fruitless button mashing, and most importantly, less fun.  No, doing a wall jump is not fun in and of itself.  Doing a double jump is not fun in and of itself.  Wall running was fun.  Spin attacking straight through several targets was fun.  Flying through levels was fun.  A spin attack barely even reaching, or failing to reach a target is not fun. Having every melee weapon suck equally is not fun.  Parkour 2.0 killed the most fun part of Warframe.  I'll give it a couple weeks and see if the fun:suck ratio gets pulled back into the "worth it" territory, if maybe there's something in Parkour 2.0 that's not a sad waste.  Ultimately it sounds like pandering to the "I want everyone to suck as as bad as I do" crowd who could never quite figure out how to traverse a level.

Yup, flying through the air only to hit a corner of a wall and staying there for 3 seconds, unable to move was fun. Only using my Tipedo and Ceramic Dagger was fun. Wall running only to randomly eject from the wall or hitting a small bump and falling off was fun. Or being unable to control when I stop on a wall run was fun. So fun.

Basically you're mad and don't want to learn the new system because you think coptoring is so much better. Next you'll probably something like, "We were space ninjas but now we're space bunnies," to insult parkour 2.0 and make coptoring look like the better solution. But my god, bulletjump can take you higher than direction melee could. It's nice not flying through every mission and getting a sense of acceleration(which I do think they should make it faster) when you chain bulletjumps and doublejumps.

Git gud, cry some more.

This update has confirmed something for myself that's been brewing in the back of my mind for a while. DE is trying to get their newer players to spend more money, versus encouraging people to try to work through for things.

The Kubrow segment is one clear example of this, something that should have just been rolled to everyone as an apology for something they have acknowledged was something that needed to be fixed instead being relegated to clantech and the plat market? That's almost the definition of a cash grab.

Also the Equinox build time, 6 and 1/2 days minimum to build, and for those who rush, it would be more expensive to rush the build than simply buy it off the market for plat. That makes me think they did this somewhat on purpose to get people to spend some more money so they just buy it off the market.

To fix this in particular I would suggest reducing the build times of the night and day aspect to 24 hours each. Then after that reduce the final bp build time to 60 hours. That way it would be 4 days minimum for the build time, still a bit longer than most due to the fact it has 2 different sides, but not over 2 times as long as a regular frame.

And finally the Exilus. something that after the first one costs 50k simaris rep, 2 formas, 1 orokin cell, and 1 argon crystal. Now the forma's, Ocells and argon crystals are no big deal to veterans, they are big deals to new comers to the game, who may be a bit more inclined to spend plat on things than grind it out as they don't have access to all the things or a stockpile of void keys to get these from. The real problem with getting the BP is the 50K simaris rep, it's an unreliable faction to get rep from as your target may not always spawn, and regular scans just give to little to be worth it.

What they could do instead is either reduce the simaris rep you need for it (probably not going to happen) or gurantee that the the simaris scanning target to spawn when you bring a simaris scanner to a mission that could pop up a scanable target, especially the old ones.

As for parkour 2.0, I think they did hit the nail on the head with this, it's extremely FUN to fly around the levels feeling like a badass now.

Edited by croxeye