Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kulstar 4800 (!) Cryotic Requirement

Caernarvon

How did we end up with a weapon that requires almost twice the cryotic of the Glaxion (2500, already a hefty amount), and several times more than every other weapon that requires the resource in their recipe?

Might belong in bugs, as I believe that it was a typo that led to such a huge amount of cryotic (a notoriously annoying resource to farm) being needed. 800, 480 or 400 may have been the original intent.

I dont think it was a typo, DE has made it pretty clear that they dont like the vets being able to build the new weapons imediately as they are released.

As for the acctual price, *sigh* I havent bothered to farm cryotic since the Cryotic front event so it will take a long time before I can build it....

If you've been farming cores or keys in the last month, you probably have enough cryotic to build it.

I mean, I haven't gone to Triton in a while and I didn't even notice the cost...

It does look like a pain for new players to build, but considering it's reportedly hilariously powerful, maybe that's the point... and nothing a few rounds of Lua won't fix.

Ehm, you can easily get 1,200 cryotic in 1 run with a random squad, That's 4 runs. Given that extractors take a bit over a minute and a half to complete the excavation, and that you can deploy 2 at a time, it will take you less than 2 hours to stock up on cryotic. If you go to Triton, you'll even get keys and cores on the side.

Actually the vets will be able to build it, while the price is a big F*** Y*U to newer players.

Newer players have enough other weapons to try out, you know, because they are new. And Cryotic farm isn't hard at all. Getting that 4 Neurodes for a single Furis is a much harder task than that 4,5k Cryotic.

Newer players have enough other weapons to try out, you know, because they are new. And Cryotic farm isn't hard at all. Getting that 4 Neurodes for a single Furis is a much harder task than that 4,5k Cryotic.

Actually, in U17, the loot crate buff significantly buffed the rate of rare resource drops as well. I've been rolling in rares, relative to pre-U17, in the last two days or so of running regular non-endless Earth/Jupiter/Saturn missions.

Honestly, with that in mind, they're all not the most difficult thing to get now, without being too easy - scouring the maps will get you one or two and take maybe half an hour, but it's actually rarer to go without any rares if you explore. Cryotic still piles up very quickly.

Its fairly easy for people that farm R5 core at Triton. Usually one Triton will give around 1400 cryotics and about 5 to 10 R5. You need over a hundred R5 just to raise a Prime mod from rank 9 to max. So yeah, over the time, we accumulated quite a lot of cryptic

Didn't even notice its price tag. At least it's possible to reliably farm Cryotic.

@vet/newb cost discussion.

Kama and Dual Kamas. Whopping 10 neural sensors, this is the biggest middle finger to player in the game.

Edited by Mofixil

I didn't notice its Cryotic price tag, albeit I am a Veteran.

Regardless, it is absolutely ridiculous that you are complaining about 4,800 Cryotic. That is really not a challenge to get, especially for mid range players. Still easy for newbies tagging along in a half-decent squad. 

I really don't understand the problem, I've never farmed Triton for R5 cores. The only time I play Excavation was the event that it was introduced, and if Syndicates decide to make it a daily mission. And I did not even flinch.

How is cryotic even remotely hard to farm?

That aside, should take new players maybe 6 runs at most and 4 with a half decent squad.

Besides, this isn't exactly a weapon aimed at fresh Tenno.

In terms of cryotic thats small change.

Might take an hour or two at most to farm that assuming you have literally none at all.

If it cost that much in oxium I might agree, because thats a bit harder to find.

4800? Didn't even notice.

But I had to build the Kraken for it, that should be the title of this thread.

My thoughts exactly.

I'm more butthurt about that because I sold mine recently.

Should have kept it around.

Actually, in U17, the loot crate buff significantly buffed the rate of rare resource drops as well. I've been rolling in rares, relative to pre-U17, in the last two days or so of running regular non-endless Earth/Jupiter/Saturn missions.

Honestly, with that in mind, they're all not the most difficult thing to get now, without being too easy - scouring the maps will get you one or two and take maybe half an hour, but it's actually rarer to go without any rares if you explore. Cryotic still piles up very quickly.

What crates? They removed all crates from def maps on Earth, and the regular ones in other maps give junk. Only secret stashes in sabotage give neurodes, but those take a while to find

What crates? They removed all crates from def maps on Earth, and the regular ones in other maps give junk. Only secret stashes in sabotage give neurodes, but those take a while to find

You're not supposed to be hunting boxes in endless...

And what's this about regular ones giving junk? I've been gaining them at a steady pace of, at the very least, one every other mission. It's still grindy - yes, there are runs that will give nothing good for half an hour of map scouring - but it's better than it was due to the increased volume of breakables, by far. And then there are the sabotage caches that give resources. Uranus has also turned into an excellent farm - Heavy Gunners drop Orokin Cells on occasion, Sharkwing gives tellurium, caches may also have resources in them, basically the maps most affected by U17 have become better places to farm than before.

Granted, it may simply be my RNG, but the more boxes there are, the more rolls of the dice you have, even though I suspect said dice are off their balance (but that's a very different and much longer subject).

You're not supposed to be hunting boxes in endless...

And what's this about regular ones giving junk? I've been gaining them at a steady pace of, at the very least, one every other mission. It's still grindy - yes, there are runs that will give nothing good for half an hour of map scouring - but it's better than it was due to the increased volume of breakables, by far. And then there are the sabotage caches that give resources. Uranus has also turned into an excellent farm - Heavy Gunners drop Orokin Cells on occasion, Sharkwing gives tellurium, caches may also have resources in them, basically the maps most affected by U17 have become better places to farm than before.

Granted, it may simply be my RNG, but the more boxes there are, the more rolls of the dice you have, even though I suspect said dice are off their balance (but that's a very different and much longer subject).

Orokin Cells have become common long time ago, since they drop everywhere, I have 100+ just from void. Neurodes and sensors drops got nerfed severely. Alad barely gives sensors now.

What better places? you could easily get a neurode from a 5 min def or a bunch for nekrosing mobs some months ago, now "You're not supposed to be hunting boxes in endless"?  and the drops are poor too even with Necr/Hydro

Orokin Cells have become common long time ago, since they drop everywhere, I have 100+ just from void. Neurodes and sensors drops got nerfed severely. Alad barely gives sensors now.

What better places? you could easily get a neurode from a 5 min def or a bunch for nekrosing mobs some months ago, now "You're not supposed to be hunting boxes in endless"?  and the drops are poor too even with Necr/Hydro

I haven't been farming endless (in general) because it bores me and the idea of using a pure lootbot all the time is even worse in that respect.

Before U17, I had severe resource deficiencies across the board.

After U17, I decided to run a few low-level Earth, Saturn, and Jupiter missions on a whim, just to see what it was like to level Equinox and some new fodder weapons the way a newer player would (more or less) - also to test the increase in breakable quantity and differences in quality. What I noticed was that I was more likely than not to actually get at least one of the resource I needed, simply from the sheer volume of crates, to the point where it seems as though the drop rates have been buffed for them.

Meanwhile, all my attempts to farm defenses over the last few months tended to fail miserably, and since I don't spend too many hours in Void I wasn't rolling in enough Orokin Cells to start an entire potato farm... but now I've managed to gain at least half a dozen of everything I needed in the space of a few hours, by playing the game my absolute favorite way, which is to explore.

In other words, if endless farming and boss rushing have been nerfed and exploration has been buffed... well, that implies that the process of resource farming has changed fundamentally, and so the best thing to do is to get out of the old mindset of "boss rushes and endless-with-lootbots for resources" and try something else, because it's extremely likely that that something else now works better.

Now, assuming my experience is not simply a bizarre fluke of RNG - two days in, requires further testing - then it means the game has changed. Switched gears. If that's the case, people need to change with it.

As for the acctual price, *sigh* I havent bothered to farm cryotic since the Cryotic front event so it will take a long time before I can build it....

OK, I take this back, finally got my &#! into a Excavation game and to my delight I found they had removed the scanner. Running between the scanner and the excavators was IMO the worst "plz shoot me in the head" aspect of Excavation.

Cryotic is easy to farm.