Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gender Lock?

(XBOX)xJdKxZomBiE

So it occurred to me recently, while cruising through the market....

Why are there gender locks on warframes?  Why are there not male and female variants of each type?

Also, some warframes have huge descriptions in the codex, while others just get a paragraph at most.  It would be interesting if eash warframe had a codex entry that gave information on the what, where, how, and why of their existence, rather than "Oberon is a balanced supportive style character...."

De has stated that they will not be making both genders for all frames. They will in time have other frames with similar themes that might be the opposite gender of the one with that theme now.

Edited by Xirka

Instead of putting all the work into the same frame just for a alt gender, they (DE) would rather just create a unique frame. Also, the genders of each frame may have lore signifigance.

DE alternates between genders, so there is a 50/50 split, and that is good representation.

If you want the same themed Warframe, DE said they would consider doing that. I have conceited a couple, links to my profile.

Edited by (PS4)MoRockaPDX

It was contemplated towards the start of the game (nyx and excal were meant to be male and female variants of the same class/frame) but de ultimately decided not to go the route of alternate genders because they believed it would take away from the character or quality of each frame, which is a natural thought process for a group that had never made an mmo-esque game before. It was mentioned at least once a long while after DE had initially decided to dismiss the whole thought process of gender locked frames that they had become more open to the idea, as they realized the value of being able to chose genders was to the community, but nothing followed that from what I'm aware of. At this point I think it's just a bit late into the game to introduce alternate genders to each frame, and with the rate of progression this game already displays with releasing new designs it would takes ages to catch up.