Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Making Covert Lethality Effective Only When No Powers Used

_Chaser

this will solve any potential exploits, without hurting the mod's purpose or it's actual effectivity

if you go invisible - you have to rely on crit multiplier, want an instakill, be so kind, sneak behind

and yes, i just playtested both high level grineer and corpus, with unranked equinox and dark dagger with only covert lethality, mod is not OP in such situation. got my &#! handled to me as i attacked semi-alerted scorpion, but w/e feels great to be rewarded for sneaking around with no invisibility

Edited by -Solid_Snake

all this will do is make it underused. if people want to instakill with a dagger let them, its not like they dont do the finisher animation when stealthed, the only benefit to stealth/blinds is to make it easier to enjoy

I feel like the mod is kind of polarizing. On one hand, having guaranteed instant kills as Loki or Ash is kind of OP, but on the other hand if it didn't offer that ability it would be pretty bad... It's very hard to get stealth kills most of the time and it's pretty much impossible in survival/defense missions. Stealth kills almost always kill enemies anyway, so I don't know what I'd do.

I feel like the mod is kind of polarizing. On one hand, having guaranteed instant kills as Loki or Ash is kind of OP, but on the other hand if it didn't offer that ability it would be pretty bad... It's very hard to get stealth kills most of the time and it's pretty much impossible in survival/defense missions. Stealth kills almost always kill enemies anyway, so I don't know what I'd do.

if the guaranteed kills didnt go through that animation then itd be op

except i'm playing steathy with melee only without invisibility for kicks since closed beta and it's much more doable now than it was before

if the guaranteed kills didnt go through that animation then itd be op

not all enemies have the animation and yes, you can instakill moas in one hit

As much as I understand wanting this mod to be for XYZ purpose, this games stealth mechanics are lacking.  I mean, I can stealth through a spy mission from start to finish as a gray-and-black excalibur with the new capes equipped, easy, barring any moment the enemy is just staring at the door I need to go through.  But these are non-combat scenarios.  Usually once the alarms sound, it's very, very difficult to get the enemy to lose track of you.  No matter where you run or hide, they know exactly where you are once alerted, thanks to their hive mind.

So while I can see ash and loki being among the more go-to frames for mass killing at the higher levels due to this little mod, I feel the mod's only real purpose in existence are these high level enemies which a Tenno won't find in an unalerted state.  It's a catch 22 really: it's unnecessary in missions with stealth as an option, and only really makes a difference in the longer endless mode runs.

dont believe so, it needs to be a finisher iirc, so basically, un-alerted/blinded

it does, and thats okay, as there are moas and drones and dogs and other stuff, however

making it's effective only when no powers are used will mean that loki with invisibility can't be unstobable in solo, or xcal with exalted blade, which means it will be pretty balanced

IMO, just changing it to requiring a finisher animation to be performed (so ground finishers, finisher melee from Teleport, Radial Blind, etc) would be enough.

Making you take the time to do that animation to each and every enemy should be balance enough, without limiting the mod's use to alert reset missions only.

IMO, just changing it to requiring a finisher animation to be performed (so ground finishers, finisher melee from Teleport, Radial Blind, etc) would be enough.

Making you take the time to do that animation to each and every enemy should be balance enough, without limiting the mod's use to alert reset missions only.

this

I think it definitely needs to be disabled when using Exalted Blade because that ability is not a dagger and 40 meters of 1 shot killing is too much.

To be fair, I have yet to see a blinded enemy survive an exalted blade wave anyways. Save for level 70+ corrupted gunners and such, which require a whopping extra wave to take down.

People are severely overestimating the impact that OHKs have in this game. Like, oh no, that Loki just oneshotted three level 70 enemies with a single dagger ground slam. That's totally gamebreaking compared to my guns that still get more kills per second without being ability-reliant. (For clarity, this is sarcasm.)

Seriously. The utility in using a dagger is so absurdly low that they'd be completely useless if they DIDN'T have a source of near-infinite damage. The people wanting Covert Lethality nerfed are likely the same ones who said that Radiant Finish was too powerful upon its release; they just look at the numbers without taking into account how laughably slow and inefficient those kills are.

Edited by SortaRandom

To be fair, I have yet to see a blinded enemy survive an exalted blade wave anyways. Save for level 70+ corrupted gunners and such, which require a whopping extra wave to take down.

People are severely overestimating the impact that OHKs have in this game. Like, oh no, that Loki just oneshotted three level 70 enemies with a single dagger ground slam. That's totally gamebreaking compared to my guns that still get more kills per second without being ability-reliant. (For clarity, this is sarcasm.)

Seriously. The utility in using a dagger is so absurdly low that they'd be completely useless if they DIDN'T have a source of near-infinite damage. The people wanting Covert Lethality nerfed are likely the same ones who said that Radiant Finish was too powerful upon its release; they just look at the numbers without taking into account how laughably slow and inefficient those kills are.

I already know Exalted Blade it very capable of 1 shotting on blinded enemies. My main point is unchanged, a sword shouldn't be using a dagger mod, especially if it can already virtually 1shot most things. The mod having an effect on the ability gives it the potential to kill things over 40 meters through walls. 

I'll clarify for you, i don't think the mod should be nerfed and it's bonus is pretty nice for daggers as long as it benefits only daggers. 

I think it shouldn't affect EB, I can agree with that, but as to how it works with Loki or Ash cloaking, I saw it should be left as is. In the end, daggers have fairly short range as well and if you collide with an enemy you lose your 'stealth' status for a good while before you can reengage the unit.

It puts daggers in a respectable light now to be viable in end-game scenarios in comparison to say my 350k Scindo P with Invisibility (which 1-shots even lvl 90 Gunners, bombards or what-have-you at that point) and that has more range on it than all the daggers, not to mention the difference in stances, of cleaving whirlwind to dagger stances, the former provides a 360° swing, while daggers only aim at the front. In comparison to other powerful melees, not to mention guns like Soma P or Amprex, daggers are quite tame in 1-hit kills for its fairly short range even with max Primed Reach.

Edited by YashiroSora

yes, invisibility is a problem as it makes anybody with loki to be able to kill absolutely anything

How dare a Loki be as effective as any other frame that can just mash 4 and do the same thing.