Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Excalibur, De Thats What We Want

JohnKable

You guys let me explain the word exclusivity.

If you don't get it go cry about it. I mean seriously if DE wants to give a game something deal with it. 

You didn't get Excal prime? OK so. You didn't get umbra. So? its just cosmetics. Yes i want Nikana Prime but if i don't get it I'll just deal with it. Its a game Live It, Play It.

I want it to be a skin. Why?

- It almost seems like a shady way to release a new Excalibur "Prime"

- We already have several Excalibur types

- Umbra seems like something the Chinese rushed into the game with no regard for the lore

- Many founders including me will lose even more trust to DE

Primarily though, it's the first reason. Excalibur Prime was exclusive to founders. "We would NEVER backstab our founders and re-release excalibur prime".... "We'll just make a new one and call it something else". Maybe that's ignorant of me, but it looks shady.

Honestly, it's that kind of logic that will hold this game back. Excalibur Prime was exclusive, but that shouldn't stop DE from creating more warframe variants or upgrades. Founders have rights to "Excalibur Prime", not his entire evolutionary road. I would love the idea of a "Shadow"(Umbra) Excalibur with moves that match the name, but I know there will be people that will say "ehhhh Excal Prime loophole ehhhhh"

Makes me mad reading stuff like this because I main Excalibur even before the rework and hate when he gets held back because of this Founder bs. 

Edited by (XB1)BAMMM Lightning

I would like it if Excal Umbra was a seperate warframe entirely. The reasoning for my decision is;

A: It could provide a different playstyle and possibly better statistics than Excal Prime.

B: It can finally relieve those who missed out on Excal Prime.

C: It could change the Void Drops if it's placed there, possibly yielding improvements in the cost effectiveness of Ducat or Void Farming.

As I see it, there are other benefits that could be gained from a new classification on the Warframes. The "Umbra" Classification could yield lore or even sidegrade improvements to the pre-existing frames, that are seperate from the Primes. Personally, I think this is a potential improvement to the game at large, thus adding to the already burgeoning lore and design of the game.

Edited by Dojutrek

Honestly, it's that kind of logic that will hold this game back. Excalibur Prime was exclusive, but that shouldn't stop DE from creating more warframe variants or upgrades. Founders have rights to "Excalibur Prime", not his entire evolutionary road. I would love the idea of a "Shadow"(Umbra) Excalibur with moves that match the name, but I know there will be people that will say "ehhhh Excal Prime loophole ehhhhh"

Makes me mad reading stuff like this because I main Excalibur even before the rework and hate when he gets held back because of this Founder bs.

I couldn't care less about what makes you angry. You obviously haven't bothered reading my arguments.

I couldn't care less about what makes you angry. You obviously haven't bothered reading my arguments.

Well it's a good thing I'm not out to make you notice me sempai. But let's do our homework here:

I want it to be a skin. Why?

- It almost seems like a shady way to release a new Excalibur "Prime"

- We already have several Excalibur types

- Umbra seems like something the Chinese rushed into the game with no regard for the lore

- Many founders including me will lose even more trust to DE

Primarily though, it's the first reason. Excalibur Prime was exclusive to founders. "We would NEVER backstab our founders and re-release excalibur prime".... "We'll just make a new one and call it something else". Maybe that's ignorant of me, but it looks shady.

Making a gold excalibur with a different skin than Prime and calling it something else..? You don't see why we take distance to that?

I don't disagree that I enjoy owning exclusive items to a certain degree. But that's not what he said. He said that I regret buying founder because I want to feel special and I wont get to feel important anymore.

Had he actually read what I said before, he wouldn't make such an ignorant statement. It comes down to the principal of keeping a promise, and not find a loophole around it. I also said that, if it was up to me, everyone would get a chance to own excalibur prime. THat would make me happy. I dont enjoy seeing people sad or upset for missing out.

So with those things in mind, how can he still think that this all comes down to me wanting to feel special? Does that make sense to you?

As far as I'm concerned, Excalibur Prime does not equal Excalibur Umbra

Further reinforced by Rebecca's statement calling the "Umbra" a new limited series of warframes. Which leads back to my original statement that people shouldn't think Excalibur's entire evolutionary path is exclusive. Umbra Excalibur, Dragon Excalibur, whatever Excalibur is perfectly within DE's founder promise, so long as it is not:

Excalibur Prime

as an excalibur user and not a founder i think umbra being as a skin make more sense than having another warframe for us to farm while the state of umbra is almost superior than prime version which will make the founder mad

Edited by ZzVinniezZ

as an excalibur user and not a founder i think umbra being as a skin make more sense than having another warframe for us to farm while the state of umbra is almost superior than prime version which will make the founder mad

oh well. They have there exclusive frame dosent mean everything Excalibur should be exclusive to them. If..IF DE actually released Umbra Excalibur, it isn not Excalibur prime so they have the right to do so.

Also I feel as though it will be a new frame, would only make sense.

oh well. They have there exclusive frame dosent mean everything Excalibur should be exclusive to them. If..IF DE actually released Umbra Excalibur, it isn not Excalibur prime so they have the right to do so.

Also I feel as though it will be a new frame, would only make sense.

DE did mention back then or variation on it.

Primes should be the strongest, which already for excalibur isnt the case cause its equal.

If they release umbra with same skillset it would be a loophole. especially if its stronger.

Now if they gave it aniother skillset then you cant call it a loophole cause its a completely different frame.

But hey all those consoleboys have always ignored such suggestions that i somehow cant take most console players seriously anymore unless proven that they can be taken serious as an individual.

DE did mention back then or variation on it.

Primes should be the strongest, which already for excalibur isnt the case cause its equal.

If they release umbra with same skillset it would be a loophole. especially if its stronger.

Now if they gave it aniother skillset then you cant call it a loophole cause its a completely different frame.

But hey all those consoleboys have always ignored such suggestions that i somehow cant take most console players seriously anymore unless proven that they can be taken serious as an individual.

You shouldn't set such things in stone like Primes being the strongest. If I'm not mistaken, Primes were originally meant as a visual overhaul correct? It's become something different now. I fully expect Warframe to develop different series of warframes, at which point making an Excalibur version is perfectly legal. 

If they release the Umbra series as a series stronger than Prime, there's no argument against it. It will be a new series just like vandal, dex, etc, and I see no reason not to do it. If it provides DE with more revenue, all the better.

I think it's about time we bury this 3 year old drama and started looking to the future. A level field for all frames.  

You shouldn't set such things in stone like Primes being the strongest. If I'm not mistaken, Primes were originally meant as a visual overhaul correct? It's become something different now. I fully expect Warframe to develop different series of warframes, at which point making an Excalibur version is perfectly legal. 

If they release the Umbra series as a series stronger than Prime, there's no argument against it. It will be a new series just like vandal, dex, etc, and I see no reason not to do it. If it provides DE with more revenue, all the better.

I think it's about time we bury this 3 year old drama and started looking to the future. A level field for all frames.  

And so nice to see another console-player ignore the suggestion to give it a different skill-set...

And so nice to see another console-player ignore the suggestion to give it a different skill-set...

I heard your suggestion about a different skillset. I'm pointing out that in the scenario that it doesn't have a different skillset, it should still be legal. 

My platform shouldn't have an effect on my statements.

He will almost definitely be a skin anyway.

There  wouldn't be any need for 3 excalibers.

That would be redundant.

We need an Arthurian Warframe that triple wields warframes somehow, so he can wield all three excaliburs.

Also, because I want to see a warframe using a warframe as a melee weapon.

Hope it turns out to be a skin.

Buffed stats should not matter since Global and Chinese WF are separate games.

Umbra as a frame will NOT solve the problem of non-founders lacking mastery.

Lastly, if Umbra does not bring anything new to the table (skilset, gameplay etc) asides from the cosmetics, I can't really be bothered to build and forma a new frame again.

As a founder: I don't care about Umbra Excal at all, be it a Skin or not.

Mastery points aren't really an issue with all the stuff DE throws at us regularily. If someone is still upset that founders have one frame and one to two weapons worth of MR more while we get two New frames and lots of weapons every few months, I can't help him.

The problem of Excal Prime beeing exclusive will remain anyways. Umbra won't change that, but maybe some people will find him better und thus lose interest in things they can't get.

I'd like to see Umbra Prime released here. He looks cool. Better stats... I wouldn't mind. I can still get around with regular/prime If I want to.

According to De Reb in the Cahngyou image thread, the Umbra is a new line of Warframes. However the thing is we don't know of they mean warframe skins or full on warframes. Excalibur Umbra will set the precedent, and IMO it HAS to be a skin. Sure having a new variant of Excalibur makes sense for now, since most people don't have Excalibur Prime, but what about when they make more? Are we ready for more redundant variants of the same frame? Do we really want 3 carbon copies of Frost, Ember or Loki?