Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pls, Don't Nerf Hydroid.

Cerenax

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/502088-hydroid-quality-of-life-adjustments/?p=5635620:

The next PC Hotfix will have something to speak to this directly: with Pilfering Swarm equipped, enemies won't need to be killed by the tentacles to have an added drop chance. Simply dying on the tentacle will be enough to trigger Pilfering Swarm. However, we will also be removing Power Strength mods affecting Pilfering Swarm to balance this change.

Please do not proceed with this change. It will be a straight out nerf to hydroid. Due to how it's damage formula makes the magnetic dmg increase far much more in response to power strength than it normally does for other powers, Hydroid's tentacle swarm synergizes extremely well with ultra high power strength. Thus the fact that pillfering swarm is benefited by power strength is very convenient since it makes we get almost 3x as much as boost to drop rates as we would get if those changes are to be made.

Currently pillfering is the only thing that makes hydroid fun and worthwhile, if this nerf is to take place he will end up returning to the obscurity which he was in before the mod existed.

That's not a nerf, it's a balance. And it's not to Hydroid, it's to his augment. Your title is bad, and you should feel bad.

Really? Does this balance the abysmal drop rates? Does it balance Hydroid's appallingly terrible kit?

No. No it doesn't. As it stands, this is a straight up nerf.

That's not a nerf, it's a balance. And it's not to Hydroid, it's to his augment. Your title is bad, and you should feel bad.

Those two fallacies are refuted, the first on paragraph one and the second on paragraph two. Read the posts before making replies.

Last i checked only the initial damage of the tentacles was magnetic, with the damage over time being finisher

Yes, and it's the magnetic dmg that get's increased exponentially by power strength. The finisher one is affected linearly like with other powers.

They are not dropping it's damage, just the chance for pilfering swarm NOT the overall damage of Tentacle Swarm. Read it properly!

Wait, so Power Strength affects the amount of additional loot you get from using Pilfering Swarm? If so I actually had no idea.

Simply dying on the tentacle will be enough to trigger Pilfering Swarm. However, we will also be removing Power Strength mods affecting Pilfering Swarm to balance this change.

Ok wait. If I understand this correctly we are expected to shoot the targets being flung by those fast moving tentacles?

Edited by Oranji

Really? Does this balance the abysmal drop rates? Does it balance Hydroid's appallingly terrible kit?

No. No it doesn't. As it stands, this is a straight up nerf.

jake-laughing-o.gif

I have never had any issue with hydroid's kit to be honest.  Once (yes even with 250%+ strength) eventually enemies stop caring though some weapons (*cough* tonkor) can still deal enough damage.  So instead of maxing strength maybe go more duration and such to allow more time for enemies to be slaughtered in tentacle field (from what it sounds perhaps just in the area where they could be summoned is area so maybe range too)

Edited by evilfluffy

LOL @ OP. Op plz go read the official once more. This is how it should have been, in my opinion. The change seems more than fair.

We don't need a slower, more clunky version of Desecrate. Pilfering Swarm is good because although you don't get as many enemies affected by it, the ones that do drop more items than a desecrate.

Simply dying on the tentacle will be enough to trigger Pilfering Swarm. However, we will also be removing Power Strength mods affecting Pilfering Swarm to balance this change.

Ok wait. If I understand this correctly we are expected to shoot the targets being flung by those fast moving tentacles?

So....many lost magazines.

Hydroid once more descends to his watery grave at the bottom of the rubbish bin.

It's about time DE finally saw some sense and nerfed Hydroid.  He's highly overpowered press 4 to win frame and I'm sick of him dominating this game!

-attributed to no one being serious ever

Edited by (PS4)DesecratedFlame

They are not dropping it's damage, just the chance for pilfering swarm NOT the overall damage of Tentacle Swarm. Read it properly!

The key word is synergy. Extreme power strength benefits tentacle swarm even without pillfering, so when extreme power strength affects pillfering as well you have a synergy. When you remove that synergy what you get is a nerf.

Once again, we recieve what I personally believe is a knee-jerk reaction to the discovery of a loot cave. DE could easily make it so Pilfering Swarm does not drop additional mods/resources past the first extra drop, retaining Hydroid's ability to function as an energy/ammo/life support producer for the team. I sincerely hope they reconsider.

Edited by Nitresco

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/502088-hydroid-quality-of-life-adjustments/?p=5635620:

Please do not proceed with this change. It will be a straight out nerf to hydroid. Due to how it's damage formula makes the magnetic dmg increase far much more in response to power strength than it normally does for other powers, Hydroid's tentacle swarm synergizes extremely well with ultra high power strength. Thus the fact that pillfering swarm is benefited by power strength is very convenient since it makes we get almost 3x as much as boost to drop rates as we would get if those changes are to be made.

Currently pillfering is the only thing that makes hydroid fun and worthwhile, if this nerf is to take place he will end up returning to the obscurity which he was in before the mod existed.

And that is why it's being changed.  Hydroid is now the poster boy for meta-exploitative drop farming which is the death of entertaining game design as opposed to efficient. If the frame is lacking in other ways that makes people think this is the only thing he's useful for, then his other abilities need to be tuned up to be more awesome.