Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban Bounce Useless Now!

Elimod

I wish my bounce would stick to the things I throw it at. If I try to stick it to an enemy, it will only make him bounce once and stay in mid air where it impacted the enemy. I wish they would revert that stealth nerf or possibly a bug and allow me to have my bounce stick to them. It was so much fun watching a charger get constantly launched in different directions

But... skeet shooting.

In all honesty, I just wish for one addition to bounce. That is when you throw it, and the grenade physically impacts/"lands on" an enemy, that:

a) the enemy is then sent flying back like they were hit by a homerun bat in SSB

b) and that the now floating bounce grenade is now facing outwards.

This way you could now make a hilarious and reliable cannon.

I would love to have this hit an Eximus in the middle of a group, only to see the whole group scatter in a star formation.

Glory to Booben

I adored using Bounce Pad pre-Parkour 2.0, and I do agree that my use of it has dropped now that I can Bullet Jump just as quick. I'd feel bad seeing it removed though, as it's still fun. Perhaps either cause enemies to take fall damage from it, or just buff the range so it really rockets you far when you bounce on it.

Should be reworked to drop two teleport pads that you can "bounce" between any distance on a given map! Yes? Still not amazing, but certainly more useful for mission types like surv/def/int than what he has now.

Would also be funny to watch lines of enemies all teleported to the other end of a map.. Set up some intricate loop of teleport pads they get trapped in.

Edited by Ambrsion

Should be reworked to drop two teleport pads that you can "bounce" between any distance on a given map! Yes? Still not amazing, but certainly more useful for mission types like surv/def/int than what he has now.

Would also be funny to watch lines of enemies all teleported to the other end of a map.. Set up some intricate loop of teleport pads they get trapped in.

What happens when a Spy tries to sap your teleporter?

I'd be more interest in some sort of deployable barricade. Similar to the new grineer deployable backpack shield (The Blunt).

Something to actually stop the enemy from approaching, instead of gimmickly pushing them back repeatedly.

This would replace Bounce, as most have agreed that its use has mostly degraded to blocking enemies anyways.

Please DE don't take away Bounce... 

It's actually a really good CC tool. Great for area denial. That long lasting duration means I can leave them for a while in a way I can't with my other tools. And it has 100% magnetic proc! So useful against Corpus, and very useful in Interception. It's a great skill. And it can make your parkour skills even better. 

I think most of you calling for it to be removed don't play Vauban and just want to stop the trolling. 

Well, how about we just tweak it to prevent trolling? Like the bounce pad only works for a squad member if they specifically jump on the pad, or something. 

Bounce for me wasn't about hopping. Even before hand you could get to places really high if you knew how to wall climb. Bounce for me was a neat way to CC enemies and I still find it very useful in interception, defense and even in nightmare raids where the terminals are in the far off walls. Having bounce helps prevent the enemies from hacking the Formorian signal.

Edited by ivlr3vil

Ever since the Parkour 2.0 patch the Vaubans Bounce ability has become total useless, we can jump higher into the air with just two button presses using Bullet Jump than the ability Vauban have, the Bounce ability makes you fly only two thirds as high as the Bullet Jump. is it just me, or would anyone else want to see the Bounce ability replaced with something Actually useful?

hopefully another ability that also is not timed, that is why I use the bounce pads, they are a trap that doesn't fade.

]\'[okuto Bunshi

Peace Out.