Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban Bounce Useless Now!

Elimod

Ever since the Parkour 2.0 patch the Vaubans Bounce ability has become total useless, we can jump higher into the air with just two button presses using Bullet Jump than the ability Vauban have, the Bounce ability makes you fly only two thirds as high as the Bullet Jump. is it just me, or would anyone else want to see the Bounce ability replaced with something Actually useful?

Ever since the Parkour 2.0 patch the Vaubans Bounce ability has become total useless, we can jump higher into the air with just two button presses using Bullet Jump than the ability Vauban have, the Bounce ability makes you fly only two thirds as high as the Bullet Jump. is it just me, or would anyone else want to see the Bounce ability replaced with something Actually useful?

It's now used a trap which repels some melee unit lol.

But we have Vortex for that

Bounce always looked useless to me... since the addition of directional air melee it was already useless as a mobility ability and even if it can indeed be used to cc enemies there is far better skill to do that.

At least it's fun ^^ and prone to troll...

Bounce is not useless imo. If you haven't tried this, then I would suggest you give it a try. It's great and entertaining as heck.

Note: This is perhaps better done playing solo as you might annoy some of your teammates.

Anyways on ANY infestation defense missions instead of dropping just vortex or bastille, drop bounce pads all around the pod. It's absolutely affective against the infested and it's also pure entertainment as they all just go flying. You'll get a kick out of it I'm sure.

Cheers

repelling bastille does this job way better anyway. 

Bastille is a bounty hunter frame so maybe just let them be big bear traps and capture and immobilize an enemy for a while?  

Kinda off topic but... Vauban* is an engineer* frame. Like military engineer Vauban from history.

Sorry... I can't help it...

Bounce is useless. Enemies don't take falling damage, so I can't even use it to punt them off a ledge. Heck, it doesn't even delay them, because they either "super jump" or are instantly teleported back on top.

It's been worthless ever since they put in direction melee. Really just a fun novelty I do it at the end of a raid to bounce people around.

I did see a guy actually using it in the raid putting dozens up around panic buttons which was actually effective. And funny to see grineer flying around. At one point one flew into the air landed on Frost bubble and frozen midair.

But... skeet shooting.

In all honesty, I just wish for one addition to bounce. That is when you throw it, and the grenade physically impacts/"lands on" an enemy, that:

a) the enemy is then sent flying back like they were hit by a homerun bat in SSB

b) and that the now floating bounce grenade is now facing outwards.

This way you could now make a hilarious and reliable cannon.

Nova's Wormhole doesn't look useful anymore to me, either.

Still insanely useful for speed running Spy missions in the vaults. Allows you to bypass energy gates, laser fields, guard patrols... all sorts of things. That ability and a Huras = incredible speed run potential.