Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Noobz Don't Think?

VectorWolf

I can understand why new players do this. There are probably a whole mixture of reasons. First, in every other warframe mission, you basically go to the objective marker and do expected action. They probably aren't even paying attention to the amount of life support left and just grasping at straws about what needs to be done in the mission. 

If you explain it to them, they might not know how to work chat, might not know you are talking to them, might not have time to read the message and avoid all the constant gunfire, might not know how to bring up the message again even if they were able to read some of it. 

They may just be trying to get the mission done. They might have just come from a game where a higher level player was making them stay for 30 minutes, way beyond what their builds / level allow. They might just want to get the hell out of there. 

Personally, I think they should have changed the way life support works a long time ago. Make it so you can't waste it in some manner. 

To be fair, Survival mission doesn't really explain new players how to use life support effectively. All Lotus says is she is sending those Capsules and to activate them when you need it.

Those players OP is talking about probably don't speak nor understand english, or didn't see the chat. It can happen that a player doesn't even notice someone wrote in the chat, i had that problem sometimes with the clan or squad chat so it is not restricted just to the language.

From a new player perspective, this doesn't provide much information on how to act. Back in the day, all i tried to do was to stay alive and leave at 5 minutes mark, didn't even know about the 5-15-20 minutes rotation rewards.

I don't doubt what some people are saying about them being new and might not know about the life support % thingy but if you are MR3 (which is the case for at least one of the player in OP's example) you should know who to use chat or at least how to read it.

Just saying. I'm pretty sure you had to rank up from 0 to 1 to 2 to 3 so by then I'm sure even the MOST novice of player has figured out chat. So while I buy the other reasons, I don't buy the don't know how to operate chat reason.

Sometimes I notice doing survivals that players will hang around the LS ,

If you try reloading you gun and your too close you will set it off by accident ,

I'm an MR 15 now and I still hit LS at 90% by accident just because I was standing too close,

Might be what happened , but normally once you do it during a mission you tend to stay further back...

Or like a few players said they could just be $&*^s who are trolling you

now i am curious as just an MR3 what is the correct way to play a survival? this far i have never made it without using the pod sine for me LS drops are extreme rare even if i murder the enemies very fast. i usually wait til 40-50% before activating.   

Sometimes I notice doing survivals that players will hang around the LS ,

If you try reloading you gun and your too close you will set it off by accident ,

I'm an MR 15 now and I still hit LS at 90% by accident just because I was standing too close,

Might be what happened , but normally once you do it during a mission you tend to stay further back...

Or like a few players said they could just be $&*^s who are trolling you

He run straight to LS pod, faced it, and activated it, and that's at least two times in a row. Probably more, but I stopped caring after those first two.

now i am curious as just an MR3 what is the correct way to play a survival? this far i have never made it without using the pod sine for me LS drops are extreme rare even if i murder the enemies very fast. i usually wait til 40-50% before activating.   

Usually if you have good rate of dropped air tanks from mobs, you don't activate LS pods at all. If you have problem with drops, you wait till it's around 60%. LS pod restores around 30%, so after that, if tanks start dropping, you won't waste them. If you'll lost yourself in action and find yourself dangerously low on air (10-20%), you can activate two pods in a row, and no one will complain.

I don't doubt what some people are saying about them being new and might not know about the life support % thingy but if you are MR3 (which is the case for at least one of the player in OP's example) you should know who to use chat or at least how to read it.

Just saying. I'm pretty sure you had to rank up from 0 to 1 to 2 to 3 so by then I'm sure even the MOST novice of player has figured out chat. So while I buy the other reasons, I don't buy the don't know how to operate chat reason.

It has nothing to do with knowing how to read or operate the chat.

When you are playing you may not notice that someone has wrote something in one of the chat tabs. They blink an orange color but you don't really notice it if you are focused on something else at that moment. It happened to me and to other people to realize someone wrote something 20 minutes or an hour ago, and from personal experience it is not such a rare event.

Also i assume you are playing on XBox-One  (it is wrote next to your username), i don't know much about it but maybe the chat system is a bit different on the consoles?

I've had a lot of people in the Trials that are just..quite simply, unintelligent.  I don't mind helping people learn, but I think it'd be a common courtesy to do the normal trial and complete it AT LEAST ONCE before you do the Nightmare Mode.  And if someone is getting annoyed because you're refusing to listen to them, then maybe you should listen to them because they're probly just trying to help.

Buuut apparently I'm toxic because I refuse to hold someone's hand and baby them in end game content.  I'll admit I'm not the nicest person, but I feel kind of justified when we're trying to go fast because literally anything could happen with a poor team composition or if we just stand around wasting time because no one will take the initiative to stand on a dang pad.  I like hearing someone go "We don't need Blessing Trinity" then watching people constantly go down because we don't have a blessing Trinity.

I mean, it's whatever, honestly, I just wish I could understand why people insist on refusing to listen, too.

Hey man, it's tough being a new player.  I remember being MR2 and MR3 and going into random alerts or missions and sometimes just being utterly confused.  I would get stuck in the map sometimes and not be able to find my way out.  Do I go up, down?  Where is the freakin door in this room?  Do I go back the way I came and look for another route through?

For some reason, I would try to kill every monster not realizing you could run past many of them.

I remember my first survival mission.  Life support?  Its got a circle on it.  I better hit that circle.  I didn't even understand what the life support meter was for initially.  And I didn't know it maxed itself at 100.  Hey I'm not Einstein.

People are talking to me via chat in game?  Hey you can do that?  Oh hey, there's a Squad chat tab!  Is the Squad my party?  Well, somebodies talking to me right now I see but I can't respond because I suck and I'm getting killed.

Anyways, after a couple of survival runs, I figured it out pretty well, but I don't think I had all the various finer nuances of running a survival for a least 10 runs.

A Mastery Rank 2 or 3 player has got some learning to do.  They might be newbs but they are probably not noobs just because they are making mistakes.

We should be understanding and mentoring and try to help them progress.  Some of them will end up being your future MR19 Gods.  

I know how to operate chat perfectly well but sometimes I'll miss an occasional message if I'm concentrating on something on the screen or on the other side of the coin letting the dog out or whatnot.

Don't forget as well that low rank players will be really squishy and even if they are aware they've received a message of some sort they might decide not to try and read it for fear of getting shredded while they are essentially paused, and risking being killed while they stand still.

I'm just sitting here baffled at someone calling new players noobs when that same person is doing a survival alert... for a single Neurode. Like, seriously, man. In the time it takes to do that one survival, a Hydroid or Nekros can get more. I know the drops aren't that great these days, but unless you're really desperate for a single resource, it's better to skip out on those sort of alerts if they're survival/defense.

I'm just sitting here baffled at someone calling new players noobs when that same person is doing a survival alert... for a single Neurode. Like, seriously, man. In the time it takes to do that one survival, a Hydroid or Nekros can get more. I know the drops aren't that great these days, but unless you're really desperate for a single resource, it's better to skip out on those sort of alerts if they're survival/defense.

To be fair they did say they have 200 neurodes and were just doing it for the fun of it.

You want to know something even noobier? One time, when I was MR18 I took exterminate alert on Mercury, for 3K creds, sh!t and giggles. MIND BLOWN BOOOM!

Edited by VectorWolf

I know sometimes I accidentally activate something like life support, void laser, or something else. However, I use an Xbox360 control to play, and the default settings for reload and use are both x. It makes me really irritated when that happens, it's a very rare occurence though.

There should at least be like a 1-1.5 second held timer if they have those settings only when using controllers. Enough to ensure that you only hit what you want, but short enough to be mindless.

Edited by Viedra_Lavinova

Although it is annoying its not too bad on new players. I tend to hang around Apollodorus on Mercury quite often in public matches. Like one squad out of an entire month's worth of runs will have that guy, but they usually get corrected when you yell at them once. So it isn't too bad on newer players.

It could be straight trolling though. I remember people used to troll the Vor matches by purposely coming in with obscenely high conclave, and then causing Vor to spawn all op like so when newer players come in, or others they have to fight super Vor, and it ruins the game for them. Which was a serious issue until the heavy hitters like me came in and dealt with the issue temporarily... I believe DE may have cleaned that up though. The trolling is quite small, but it is there. All you can do is make a report on it send it to DE, and let them build up a database on it.

You're MR 19? Well then. I guess that solves everything. Pulls up pants and saunters off.

Seriously. You're complaining about new players not knowing what to do. Let's run this down.

You start off with the attitude that MR 19 means something significant.

Then you complain. Nobody responds well to complaints.

You treat it like it's an epic problem. It's not. It happens, and as someone already mentioned they may not even see the chat box.

You think it's a continuing problem. Of course it is. They're new players. I'll admit to being a complete git about gameplay mechanics when I atarted. So, unless I'm the loan buffoon in all of warframe (there have been times I've felt like it), then I can assume its going to be a constant.

If it bugs you that much don't run random groups in alerts. You're MR 19, the baddest of the bad. You made a point of telling us that, your epic ness. You should solo this low level garbage and show those noobs who's top dog. In fact only solo from now on so I don't have to read this kind of thread again.

Just use booty pilfering Hydroid. You get more Neurodes and Life Support Pods become meaningless.

Is Pilferoid even viable after the nerf? Nekros is apparently the only smart choice now.

Getting life support drops is easy if your team can kill enemies fast. With 3 newbs I don't think its easy, but it depends on your frame and gear

OP, if you are playing on European servers there is very high chance those newbs were Russians.

Is Pilferoid even viable after the nerf? Nekros is apparently the only smart choice now.

Getting life support drops is easy if your team can kill enemies fast. With 3 newbs I don't think its easy, but it depends on your frame and gear

OP, if you are playing on European servers there is very high chance those newbs were Russians.

My thought as well. Like someone suggested some time ago, russians should have their own sever, so they can be A******s there.

PS. I was playing Banshie with unmodded, freshly formated Soma P.