Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Extreme Grattler Nerf

KingTaro

At the release the main issue with the gun was the range. It's alright in Sharkwing, but in Archwing, it didn't feel like there was any reason to use the gun when the enemies were pretty much at melee range. I guess the gun was meant for Sharkwing only, since it got released at the same time.

But now, its magazine capacity received a pretty extreme nerf.

From a 250 magazine to 25 sure can't be right.

Was this intended? If it was, I'm really interested in the test runs that led to this conclusion.

For such a low mag to work, you either need a reload mechanism, instead of recharge.

Or the recharge needs to kick in much faster (lets say 0.5 - 1 sec). And it should kick in even when you're holding down the left-click, allowing the gun to shoot at least once every 0.5 - 1 sec at all time.

I'm glad the explosion issue got fixed, but could the range and the magazine perhapse get another look?

The look of that ArchGun was awful anyway.

Looks like an old anti-air gun from the WWII.

Nope. Thanks a lot but nope DEVs, you can keep it.

So to resume, it seems to be any "mastery fodder" then?

this weapon is 100 ammo short, I thought it would let me play archwing and level it up but after 3 rounds of interception ( got it to level 8 with a booster) I ended the mission and quit the game.

by the time you kill 3-4 enemies your out of ammo. warframe is getting sorrier as the hotfixes rolls in.

Grattler looks like WWII Flak Cannon, fires like a cheap toy foam dart gun.

Ammo capacity is too low and far to slow to wait for it to generate may as well melee all the things.

The explosion aoe is pathetically small, the actual detonation range is difficult to discern seems to go off at somewhere between 75m to 125m.

The projectile is way too slow for regular AW its okay for Sharkwing.

It wasn't a great weapon upon its release but with its "tweaks" its even more a waste of resources. The idea behind the weapon is sound, it was used in real world applications after all, but the in-game implementation has been terrible. The model is fine can reuse it but everything else needs to be thrown out and re-done from the ground up.

That's actually the reason I wanted it, lol.

Same here.

Used a catalyst on it and was even planning to forma it a few times if it wasn't for the nerf.

Even though I don't fire it that much, I still have it equipped at all times, just for the looks.

Its doable with all the regular archmods. One ele combo even the crit mods and one slot left over for mag extension, but even at full rank it's only 40 shots. If know what an ogma is, you know 40 shots is only gonna tickle it. It needs a ammo reserve buff to 120.75, or even 50 would help a ton to make this thing remotely helpful. Otherwise you just blow your load in 3 secs and maylay for a while for it to recharge.

Edited by Edontsu