Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Do The Tenno Do Not Speak?

Zazzamat

We appear to be able to atleast project or transmit what we think to others of certain capability (Cephalons, other Tenno, The Lotus) But have no actual vocal ability to speak outside of using energy to create audio frequencies (Valkyr and Rhino, for them YELLING IS A POWER) So putting into consideration how much power we consume shouting a single syllable. I think I understand why we don't talk. Amongst more other Lore and Meta reasons.

I like this one.

Gameplay reasons: Immersion would be mostly, if not totally, broken for many players. By all means the frames' powers and animations tell enough of their character without them actually speaking.

Lore reasons: Maybe they took up an oath of silence after striking out against the Orokin.

Edited by RockCambo

I think they do speak. After all, you can "talk" to Simaris and ask him questions.

Just my opinion.

The Simaris dialog exchange has been puzzling. It is the only case, I can think of, where the Tenno ask questions. How the questions where relayed, speech, text, sign language, who knows. But, they did break the strong silent typed mode.

Well it may because the tenno doesn't have a mouth to begin with!

Still, we can communicate with other fellow tennos through chat and mic, which probably functions like (by lore) generated sound and text from our thoughts.

EDIT: This is also probably why we can ask symaris questions. Think of the forums as a S#&$load of tenno thoughts.

Edited by 888888Zombies

Becuase they are a chell

So as to not put words in your mouth. It's a narrative device designed to allow you to better project your own vision of the character. In other words, for the sake of immersion.

Essentially, the idea is we're the Tenno; when we talk, technically they are talking.

FrostyPrimo: dude, this topic sucks

ASHES_2_ASHES: like your mom last night

deathMAGnetic: could you be even more sexist

ExcaliBRO1337: @@@WTS EMBER P SYSTEMS 50P PLZ PLZ PLZ@@@

ExcaliBRO1337 was kicked

That's why they never speak

*Quietly puts finger to Zazzamat's mouth, shushing it* *Shakes head*

I think they do speak. After all, you can "talk" to Simaris and ask him questions.

Just my opinion.

Talking wastes time and energy during fights. See them bosses? They talk a lot but die all the time.

*Silent reply*

^^^^ these are all correct

if DE ever gives a voice to the tenno, i will quit the game, and i am sure that i am not alone

hell i almost quit when they added Ordis/Maroo =/

We dont speak for the same reason we dont remember our past. Immersion.

DE wants the players to be the Tenno, not just playing AS the Tenno.

Remember boys and girls, the next quest is cinematic and we will FINALLY know what we are and what we have done. Our past will be unveiled as our mother the Lotus decrees.

In due time, we will ALL rediscover our purpose in the Origin system

We appear to be able to atleast project or transmit what we think to others of certain capability (Cephalons, other Tenno, The Lotus) But have no actual vocal ability to speak outside of using energy to create audio frequencies (Valkyr and Rhino, for them YELLING IS A POWER) So putting into consideration how much power we consume shouting a single syllable. I think I understand why we don't talk. Amongst more other Lore and Meta reasons.

This is basically how I understand it, but I do feel we may need further information to really know for sure.

Because it would be dumb to hear Loki saying "pssst" or "Peek-a-boo" when he goes invisible or Rhino screaming when he stomps... 
Edit: Actually, Rhino wouldn't be that dumb...

Edited by aaayu

"Only loyal to themselves"

Why would the Tenno waste time talking to Grineer and Corpus? Those factions run their mouths way too much, going as low as calling us "Mute peasants" - Alad V.

We are space ninjas. We are incredibly disciplined in the ways of the old. We are the twisted rejects whom the void shaped. We've seen countless battles. We took a very long nap, and woke up to another never ending battle.

Would you talk much if you were in their shoes?

Killed it because they ran out of things to kill on a slow weekend.

So they invited it over and then punched it right in the stones.

They... they just... killed sound man... they... killed it dead.... *sobs*

So they killed Banshee's Father, losing the knowledge of sound jutsu forever?