The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Come Up With A Good In Universe Explanation For Why Gallium Is Used In Knux

Jakcal

Maybe gallium isn't liquid in the vacuum of space?

Let's face it, this game is a bit of a chemist's nightmare.Tellurium is actually silver-white, not red, and Argon is a gas, not some wonky purple crystal.

Edited by DeathKoala

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallium

Gallium melts just above room temperature. So in space, it would most likely not be melted.

Would be liquefied faster than ice cream during the summer solstice near the equator. 

And we don't use water because as state in the Warframe universe...

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Gallium

It's used in Micro-electronics.

Edited by (PS4)theelix

Maybe gallium isn't liquid in the vacuum of space?

Let's face it, this game is a bit of a chemist's nightmare.Tellurium is actually silver-white, not red, and Argon is a gas, not some wonky purple crystal.

^ this. dont read so much into it OP

Well, a chemist would go mad with all the chemistry errors ingame.

Tellurium is silver, not red.

Argon is a colourless gas, not a purple crystal.

And the Orthos Prime is said to be made from the "finest rubidium". Rubidium is an alkali metal that EXPLODES on contact with water. And it's soft too.

And gallium is liquid at higher temperatures, meaning that it melts in your hand.

It isn't hard to believe the weapons produced enough heat to keep it liquefied.

Hard for me to believe that after what I heard actually happens to the human body in space. It may be able to produce a lot of heat, but I don't think it could sustain it.

Lemme also say I ain't much of a science guy at all. So, No one take my opinion on something like this too seriously.

Edited by (PS4)theelix

They are gallium-alloy gauntlets. An alloy is when multiple metals are combined to make the result stronger or lighter than either metal alone, so they are not made of gallium alone.

It sounds like Regor found some way to combine gallium with another metal, like maybe ferrite, to make it more useful. And who knows, maybe the Elite Grineer's alloy armor is made of the same stuff.

And as for argon crystals, everything has a freezing point where it becomes solid, including gasses. Maybe something in the void makes that point room temperature for argon gas. And after we take the argon crystals back to our ship, we have to keep them refrigerated.

Simple answer; Its Warframe, it doesn't have to make sense.

Somewhat reasonable answer;  Whatever brought modern society to the orokin era, to the era of the tenno vs. grineer vs. corpus vs. infested also altered many elements into new forms.  Its why gold is a viable alloy to use as a primary component in prime, orokin era gear, why gallium is a chalky, almost stone-like metal, and why tellurium looks like rubies.  Also why Venus, Pluto, and Mars are the way they are currently.  Its pretty obvious there was a catastrophic cosmic upheaval that lead the solar system to this point. 

Well there's the two reasons I can think of instantly.

First, mercury was sometimes used by boxers to cheat, a mere ounce or two in the gloves would geatly raise the force of impact; nevermind, that it was toxic. Anybody remember those Nerf power hitting bats that had a fluid chamber that would shift the liquid from the hilt to the tip as you swung giving you while a boost to power, of course, recovery was trouble some and injury to people was no less increased than thepower of hitting a baseball.

Secondly its used in electronic components, so a mechanical device with complicated controls and stuff, its probably in there.

So as a soft flexible material who's weight could be shifted around, it seems like it has quite a few uses.