The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soma And Soma Prime, Where Is It's Equal?

KnightCole

Ive come to the conclusion, that neither the Soma, nor Soma Prime have any equal in this game.  Nothing is as punchy, deadly, accurate, effective, mag size, crit chance, status chance, nothing.

Soma has just all the right amount of all the right stats to just make it the supreme weapon that there is just no substitute for.

A Stock Soma/P I wont lie, is a bad weapon, but once its forma'd and modded up, its a god gun. 

So, I am genuinely curious, what other guns out shine, out play, are more effective then, or can out do the Soma.  What other guns in this game can really out do it?  I have tried a few, ive got a few other LMGs, and none of them even touch the Soma Prime or the Soma.  Ive got the Tiberon and while its good, its let down by its mag size compared to Soma. 

Depends on what you're trying to accomplish. Plenty of weapons are far better at taking out tough units like Bombards / HGunners, but aren't as great at trash clearing. Some weapons melt entire groups of enemies, but would be a waste to use on single threats.

Edited by HolidayPi3

Well if there is ONE thing i hate about the soma/p are the newer firing sound effects. The soma p in particular does that pew pew sound of prime weapons every flippin shot that I tend to dislike.

Yeah it has nothing to do with gameplay. Hate me now.

I vote for rampart. And zephykor. mai waifu.

Edited by dadaddadada

Depends.

As far as low level enemies go, yeah, the soma P is probably the best because of it's mag size.

but as far as synergy goes.(three best weapon-focused-warframes in the game + weapons)

Chroma: Tigris(reload speed).

Mirage: Quanta/Tonkor/Amprex.

Volt: Amprex/Synapse.(stack shields and omgwtfbbq dmg).

The soma is great for low-level content because it takes 2-3 hits to kill anything and it's hitscan.

But when you're using 30-50 shots on a single mob? Nope.

Edited by Empiren

EZMode weapons.  Use at the risk of your own fun.  Or use Boltor Prime if you can't land headshots.  

I actually hated the Boltor.  Regular one that is.  Didnt like its travel time, needing to put like 15 feet of lead from 10 feet away...just doesnt sit well with me.

I can land head shots just fine with any other weapon though.  Hit scan?  Almost makes it to easy.

Edited by KnightCole

I actually hated the Boltor.  Regular one that is.  Didnt like its travel time, needing to put like 15 feet of lead from 10 feet away...just doesnt sit well with me.

I can land head shots just fine with any other weapon though.  Hit scan?  Almost makes it to easy.

The Boltor Prime is FAR better than the regular Boltor. Projectiles are much faster.

Edited by JuanDeages

Also, no other weapon in the game is as boring as the Soma/Prime. 

I wont really argue there.  After using it so mcuh, cuz its so good, it does get boring.  Its why  I swap between my Gorgon Wraith, Supra, Soma and its Prime, aswell as the Tiberon.  even sometimes main my pistols just cuz. 

properly modded kohm http://goo.gl/MVAmHB outdamages the soma prime and then some: much better status and element combination; even better mob clearing and ammo mutation. roughly same (single target) dps @ max effective range (~50m+) but every step closer makes it so much more devastating. and this is just the weapon with roughly the same handling; hek, tonkor, opticor are just a few examples of weapons that straight outperform the soma prime in most endgame scenarios.

Soma has plenty of competitors in this game.

Soma Prime is a little more difficult to find alternatives for because of sheer Magazine size (ammo capacity) for actual gameplay.

When I did my Comparison videos against a single lvl 95 Corrupted Heavy Gunner with no Corrosive Projection....some weapons like the Opticor take a long time.

I don't belive using 4xCP helps to showcase what weapons are strong because you just bypassed the Health scaling difficulty of the enemy by removing the armor.

Opticor is slower and uses more ammo to kill a lvl 95 CHG Eximus than a Daikyu, when Full enemy armor is present from the start.

Kohm still kills faster than Soma Prime, but has larger ammo efficiency issues beacuse replinished ammo size is much lower.

If orbs are setup in correct place with Mutalist Quanta...I find it to be on par killing speed wise as Soma Prime when used against Full armored enemies + it decimates Both Alloy and Ferrite Armor with a Corrosive build since orbs add innate radiation

In my tests the Mutalist Quanta shows its mechanic flaws but also the advantage of the orbs.

(Granted Soma Prime was un forma'd but shots to kill was 97

Mutalist Quanta was 98 with 30 shots being used to produce 2 orbs and M.Quanta had to Reload Once......M.Quanta has very unforgiving Orb Mechanic easily displaced, high ammo consumption for Orbs + long reload. *30 ammo being 1/2 a Mutalist Quanta magazine so actual bullets to kill was only 68)

These two weapons to me basically cover the extreme of Easy to use and skill+luck.

But have near similar end results.

(I would say Soma Prime and Boltor Prime are equivalentbof ease of use: Crit weapon is hit scan while Raw Damage weapon has travel time)*

(Mutalist Quanta has faster projectile speed than Boltor Prime without the orbs...and becomes hit-scan with the orbs

Actually Projectile speed+Boost to hit-scan*....and being an unorthodox crit weapon it does not need Crit chance mods)

For most of the Community the Mutalist Quanta's disadvantages render the weapon to be nothing more than Mastery Fodder due to clunkiness of Orb mechanics.

Attica may be another example with the x2 RoF mod buff, except it has Flight-speed.

In the end for ease of use and damage viability with efficiency and magazine/ammo capacity accounted for : pergaps currently there is no real side-grade to Soma Prime.

Even Hek, Tonkor, Kohm, etc... don't fit the same Range & playstyle that the Soma Prime offers.

Ive come to the conclusion, that neither the Soma, nor Soma Prime have any equal in this game.  Nothing is as punchy, deadly, accurate, effective, mag size, crit chance, status chance, nothing.

Soma has just all the right amount of all the right stats to just make it the supreme weapon that there is just no substitute for.

A Stock Soma/P I wont lie, is a bad weapon, but once its forma'd and modded up, its a god gun. 

So, I am genuinely curious, what other guns out shine, out play, are more effective then, or can out do the Soma.  What other guns in this game can really out do it?  I have tried a few, ive got a few other LMGs, and none of them even touch the Soma Prime or the Soma.  Ive got the Tiberon and while its good, its let down by its mag size compared to Soma. 

I really don't care about DPS, but It's kinda boring after you forma it a couple of times. So I guess it's not as entertaining?