Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Is Everyone Ok With Survival Being The Opposite Of Fun Now?

hatetheory

If you have suggestions/feedback then post it into feedback.

You found a bug, post it into the bugsection.

Crying, whining and ranting in general discussion helps noone.

And people also should learn to talk for themselfs and not for the whole community.

Telling people to stop crying/whining will not stop the crying/whining and it will only piss said people off. 

And you wonder why people cant stay civil when speaking about certain topics.

I used "we" because there are obviously more people that think the same way I do. My clan for instance.

I post bugs, I provide feedback, hell I even throw in the odd suggestion but the reason why I post in general discussion is because this is where most people go to look for topics to discuss. In other words, it provides publicity for topics of issue.

Don't like it? Then follow your own rule and suggest forum changes.

I find the reaction of the PC tenno to the surival change bad. The change was a failure and they reverted it fast and are working on it.

They recieved some good feedback but it was burried by complains and simple rageing.

I fear that such reactions will scare the devs even more from the forums. We are the vocal part of the community and should think bevor we post to provide feedback wich helps the developers.

They need to grow a pair if that is the case.

Angry ranting is feedback albeit very negative feedback.

Glossing over the people that actually provided negative feedback with reasons and solutions is not a nice thing to do.

We aren't all raving madtenno you know.

The entire concept of survival was to survive the hostile environment choking the life out of you by killing enemies to delay the end of the mission till you could get a LS pod. It wasn't about mowing down enemies till you got bored of it or grabbed the item you desired. It became that due to bugs and changes to enemies rather than the mechanics. Honestly, all survival was lately before this update was a snorefest shoot-em-up with no actual tension. I never had to worry about life support before the 20 minute mark at all, rarely before the 40 minute mark, without a team or a Nekros to boot. The entire concept of looking at the timer was unneeded because I always got the needed LS from kills anyways. The only time you actually had any form of challenge for LS was when the team spread apart to kingdom come and enemy spawns were spread too thin as they ran between the players. Enemy level is what normally drove you out of the mission by force if anything.
If the game mode was to survive the waves of enemies, then why don't you suggest a game mode for that, call it Hoard or something. Survival is about keeping enough air so you can distract the enemy long enough for a lone operative to steal goodies, not about killing enemies. If you want to mow down enemies endlessly without moving, play Defense and let your fellow Frost or Limbo bubble the location so you don't have to worry about a thing. Then you can shoot to your little Tenno heart's content.

Angry feedback is a classic example of the tone fallacy and its counter.

Just because the feedback is angry doesn't mean it isn't valid, however being angry is a good way to not be taken seriously and undermine those valid points you're making.

The entire concept of survival was to survive the hostile environment choking the life out of you by killing enemies to delay the end of the mission till you could get a LS pod. It wasn't about mowing down enemies till you got bored of it or grabbed the item you desired. It became that due to bugs and changes to enemies rather than the mechanics. Honestly, all survival was lately before this update was a snorefest shoot-em-up with no actual tension. I never had to worry about life support before the 20 minute mark at all, rarely before the 40 minute mark, without a team or a Nekros to boot. The entire concept of looking at the timer was unneeded because I always got the needed LS from kills anyways. The only time you actually had any form of challenge for LS was when the team spread apart to kingdom come and enemy spawns were spread too thin as they ran between the players. Enemy level is what normally drove you out of the mission by force if anything.

If the game mode was to survive the waves of enemies, then why don't you suggest a game mode for that, call it Hoard or something. Survival is about keeping enough air so you can distract the enemy long enough for a lone operative to steal goodies, not about killing enemies. If you want to mow down enemies endlessly without moving, play Defense and let your fellow Frost or Limbo bubble the location so you don't have to worry about a thing. Then you can shoot to your little Tenno heart's content.

unfortunately there are a lot of vocal gamers who dont think any sort of challenge is fun.

There are gamers who want ot be challenged, and gamers who just want to be powerful and dominate everything with ease. Its near impossible to please both sides.

I played Survival pretty much all day today and I did not have any problems with the oxygen drops. The groups that I played with moved from room to room and we never had a problem with enough oxygen. Most games lasted 40 minutes on average and one made it an hour. I think it has a lot to do with the quality of the people you are playing with and how well they equip their warframes. Had a great day of survival. I am happy. (This is only my opinion)

Ya maybe u missed the part that said i just ran it as in after the changes its still horrible. People need to make noise or this crap gets accepted and DE moves on to there next shiny.

there - in, at, or to that place or position.

they're - conjuction of they are

their - belonging to or associated with the people or things previously mentioned or easily identified

guess which one you should have used? :)  sorry to be a $&*^ about it, but hey if you're going to be $&*^ish to DE, expect it in return?

They need to grow a pair if that is the case.

Glossing over the people that actually provided negative feedback with reasons and solutions is not a nice thing to do.

We aren't all raving madtenno you know.

He's not talking about people who are upset, but remain respectful and give feedback on what to do better. Those people should be paid attention to and usually are. And their feelings are absolutely understandable. 

Even Rebecca said that it's understandable for people to be angry about an experimental change, but that when people are disrespectful about it or aren't actually providing feedback and just sounding off angrily, it really isn't productive. 

I'm not questioning how you made your feedback, I'm sure it was good because your post sounds really reasonable. But the people who do behave that way aren't helping anything. 

I saw plenty of people accusing DE of lying, and other nasty things. Just angrily saying DE is being mean and to change it back right now, etc. Without any real suggestions. That's not you, but those people aren't helping. And they aren't really providing feedback, they are just bullying. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

Survival was always meant to get the Tenno to move around the map and tapping life support capsules, not camping in a corner somewhere and mowing down curious folk.  If the majority of players are getting away with a full eight capsules sitting around somewhere on a survival map, then that alone is a sign oxygen drops were far too common, and allowed for the camp gameplay to emerge and remain sustainable.

DE never built the mode for Tenno to stand still in one spot.  Defense is the only mode where that should be happening, yet the latest iteration with Uranus suggests even in defense DE really want Tenno to move around during a mission.

Survival was always meant to get the Tenno to move around the map and tapping life support capsules, not camping in a corner somewhere and mowing down curious folk.  If the majority of players are getting away with a full eight capsules sitting around somewhere on a survival map, then that alone is a sign oxygen drops were far too common, and allowed for the camp gameplay to emerge and remain sustainable.

DE never built the mode for Tenno to stand still in one spot.  Defense is the only mode where that should be happening, yet the latest iteration with Uranus suggests even in defense DE really want Tenno to move around during a mission.

ok nerf mesa!!

Ugh, does anyone play survivals outside of the void? While yes, the changes were a boot the the void, they were a drastic improvement for most Star Chart tilesets. On Saturn and Ceres I was getting much more spawns and was having no issues with LS, even though it was only a two person group on Ceres.