The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hydroid Pilfering Swarm Nerf

usability is much more practical now - now you can feel free to not go to such extremes with an Ability for l00t Farming, and still have 4 Abilities that are usable.

IIRC if the enemies were "hooked" to get tentacles, don't they become invulnerable to external damage ?

Also in any case, it is still better to go negative duration even if you don't kill them.

Because you will still be spamming 4 button anyway to hook new targets.

Still sad that pilfering swarm was nerfed mainly because Drekar Heavy Gunners drop tables were bugged and dropping mods 100% of the time, which translated into 4 mods per kill with pilfering swarm. I still don't even think this bug has been fixed yet either, or at least wasn't fixed until 10+ patches *after* the release of U17 and the bug.

/Nerfs based on bugs.

(Note: I said mainly, of course the augment was slightly OP in other regards, but nobody cared until you could get 500+ mods in 20 minutes on Uranus maps because of the Drekar Heavy Gunner bug, then all of a sudden pilfering swarm gets nerfed almost immediately...)

Still sad that pilfering swarm was nerfed mainly because Drekar Heavy Gunners drop tables were bugged and dropping mods 100% of the time, which translated into 4 mods per kill with pilfering swarm.

Did they say it was a bug? I thought it was an intended thing....

IIRC if the enemies were "hooked" to get tentacles, don't they become invulnerable to external damage ?

Also in any case, it is still better to go negative duration even if you don't kill them.

Because you will still be spamming 4 button anyway to hook new targets.

Tentacled enemies still take external damage

Although youre right

Its still better to have a negative duration build

Because Tentacle Swarm cant be recast

And you need to spam it to get more targets to loot

Edited by Post_Scriptum

It is what it is. DE doesn't want us to get resources too quickly :/. Trying to ask for Hydroid is the same as taking money out of their pockets. They want all of those rich noobs to buy gallium and what not what platinum

Or maybe the fact that trying to make things die with pilfering swarm was a pain in the &#! had something to do with it

Y'all act like this S#&$ is final anyway

Or maybe the fact that trying to make things die with pilfering swarm was a pain in the ! had something to do with it

Y'all act like this S#&$ is final anyway

It is because it is, and that's how DE does their things... It's final, it's done, time to put that in the coffin.

usability is much more practical now 

Only someone who never played hydroid could say something like that. Targeting on tentacles is broken. You may think he will be good with nice range and duration for this new activate-tentacles-let-others-kill-it feature now, but he will actually suffer from it. Like he suffered before, but at least you could kill something with fast bursts of tentacles with minimum duration.

Number of tentacles should at least scale with range mods for this feature to work, and there also should be a way to cancel his tentacle swarm at any time.

usability is much more practical now - now you can feel free to not go to such extremes with an Ability for l00t Farming, and still have 4 Abilities that are usable.

Usability isn't more practical now since the tentacle spawning logic still sucks. If tentacles spawned to hold EVERY enemy in X radius. Pilfer would be as strong as Nekros is. As it is, you either only get a fraction of those enemies held by tentacles OR you need to wait for the enemies go to tentacles which reduces kill rate and loot.

Just like before, at any level where it makes sense to farm, the tentacles would oneshot everything. Killing the enemy with the tentacle is actually easier and more efficient than holding the target with a tentacle and killing it with something else.

Because of the huge limitations for tentacle targeting, Pilfer NEEDS much more than double the loot rolls to be worth it.

But I'm not saying they should rebuff Pilfering Swarm. Instead they need to rework Hydroid, which has by far the crappiest design in the game ability mechanics-wise.

-snip-

putting words in other people's mouths doesn't generally make for accurate statements.

you can not go so overboard with Power Strength, and have a Duration that isn't long, but also is long enough that you could actually use the rest of your Abilities.

and balance Range to enough for other Abilities to be useful, but not too large.

that makes usability a lot better.

You admittedly want a boring OP augment.

*sigh* Did you fully read that? not sure how you got that from what I said but I'll make my self more clear .... NO I want the augment to be balanced not ruined. It needs to have a cap on str not have it unlimited to were it was insanely easy to get loot, and I'm not complaining about getting loot fast I'm complaining because that's the whole reason DE went and nerfed it but the nerf was way to much. 

I never understood the argemtns over this. I only started playing hydroid after the "nerf", with the augment installed, and the power seemed adequately helpful to me.

Before it was pretty damn op since it scales with str you could go crazy with, Mirage - Equniox - Rhino + resource booster / drop % and get loot so fast so I don't blame DE for nerfing it but at the very least have a cap on it so it's still usable :X