Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm Really Worried About The New Skins.

(PSN)TrueAlastar

We all knew about Mynki's specific style and his legion of yes-men. We all remember what Zephyr's original fantastic design looked like, yes?

c61979b49d64de127fce1951b2108bf1.jpg

I'm honestly rather worried what Mynki might do with those AWESOME new skins that were teased in the last devstream. Am I the only one, or do you too feel like this apparent blessing is a disappointment waiting to happen? I'm curious to see what other people think about it.

Edit - I see a lot of people outright ATTACKING me for my OPINION. Btw, this is an OPINION, you know? Not law. All I ever said on here was that I'm worried about my preference in things being warped by Mynki, as his style isn't always something I'm a fan of. I NEVER said my opinion was nothing more than just that, and just wanted to find out if more people in the community felt the same as me. The unwarranted hostility towards me is really a pity.

Edited by (PS4)TrueAlastar

While I do hope the three skins we were shown keep most of their aesthetics when they're released, I remember hearing someone during one of the devstreams say concepts often change because it may look cool on paper, but it might not work when made into a moving 3D model. As for what DE did to Zephyr's original concept, we might be seeing it as her new skin at a later date.

'Fantastic' is subjective. I was honestly never a fan of the original Zephyr concept.

As for the actual subject, why not just wait for the release instead of making a thread based off your personal apprehension? However the skins turn out is unknown so I would say it's kind of silly to be worrying about it now when not even the Valkyr skin has been released yet.

Edited by LazerSkink

I think we all learnt not to expect too much from DE, especially when a badass dragon warrior player concept was turned into an infested mass of Twizzlers.

Indeed. But it wasn't really based off that concept.

I am starting to question why there is only one guy in charge of the art. Seriously. 

It may look good to him but what about what everyone else thinks?

i personally dont think that Zephyr or the Dragon concept was all that great.

I think the original Zephyr design was very clean and to the point. It is all it needed to be and pulled it off perfectly. 

Instead we got a feathery mess with what was released. 

I never did see how the original concept was any harder to implement in game rather than what we got. What we got was overly complicated and messy. 

It wasn't the dragon fan concept DE based "Chroma" off of. (Note: I refuse to call Chroma "The dragon frame".) It was just a general dragon idea. In my opinion they failed that bigtime. 

I think the original Zephyr design was very clean and to the point. It is all it needed to be and pulled it off perfectly. 

I never did see how the original concept was any harder to implement in game rather than what we got. What we got was overly complicated and messy. 

It wasn't the dragon fan concept DE based "Chroma" off of. (Note: I refuse to call Chroma "The dragon frame".) It was just a general dragon idea. In my opinion they failed that bigtime. 

Im not a big fan of either Zephyr design to be honest. I dont think the concept is really much of an improvement. It still looks awkward to me.

Chroma looks cool to me. It looks very "WFesque" in my opinion. It has an odd look, that makes you question it. I think that works much better than a generic edgy dragon theme with scales, ears, muscles and bat wing aesthetics. 

Mynki never makes anything directly from a fan concept, he just uses it for inspiration.

No matter how bad it turns out, the point is to put their spin on it, not directly take a fan concept and go with (although sometimes Id rather they did do that than get inspiration).

I think the fact that they use something for inspiration and not make it from the ground up themselves is part of the issue

Mynki never makes anything directly from a fan concept, he just uses it for inspiration.

No matter how bad it turns out, the point is to put their spin on it, not directly take a fan concept and go with (although sometimes Id rather they did do that than get inspiration).

I think the fact that they use something for inspiration and not make it from the ground up themselves is part of the issue

I just want that Rhino Skin now. o -o

I don't think that is quite true. Take a look at how they have been progressing with the MIOS sword. 

EDIT: (Had an afterthought.)

I don't see why they would add a fan requested frame to the game and not have it be that same frame. That just makes no sense to me. If we told them what we wanted then why should we receive something else entirely?

I'm sorry but inspiration from a fan design does not give people what they wanted.

For example. If DE decided they wanted to implement Typhus (EXCELLENT design and abilities BTW) then they should keep it as true to the original concept as possible because that is why people want it in the game. They like it for what it is, not for what some other artist might make of it.

Edited by Invalid_Infinity

I don't think that is quite true. Take a look at how they have been progressing with the MIOS sword. 

The reason the Mios is exactly the same as the concept is due to the fact it was held in a contest. So far, with the two contests for enemy creation and weapon creation, only one of the 6 was changed (Juggernaut).

None of the weapons were changed and the same goes for the other two enemies.

The reason the Mios is exactly the same as the concept is due to the fact it was held in a contest. So far, with the two contests for enemy creation and weapon creation, only one of the 6 was changed (Juggernaut).

None of the weapons were changed and the same goes for the other two enemies.

So why not extend this to frames? I do not see the issue here.

You are kinda avoiding my point here.

Edited by Invalid_Infinity

So why not extend this to frames? I do not see the issue here.

You are kinda avoiding my point here.

I'm avoiding your point because there is no official answer, meaning it would be pointless to come up with some assumption of how the art team makes decisions. We have not received any word of Mynki regarding this subject. However, if you really want me to address your point, I'm just going to take a wild guess and stick to something like "Weapons are on a lower design scale and the winning weapon concepts were fitting enough for Warframe's aesthetics. However, most fan made frame concepts did not seem to fit enough and needed tuning."

No idea how it works, there's nothing people can do except assume how the art decisions are made.

Edited by LazerSkink

Pretty sure the skins that we see in-game will be verbatim the ones that were shown in the stream.

I mean, Silva & Aegis and Kronen were accurate, were they not? People seem to forget that Zephyr was not supposed to be the Liger Inuzuka design - it served as inspiration, sure, but it was never supposed to be a replica. These ones are, end of story.

I'm avoiding your point because there is no official answer, meaning it would be pointless to come up with some assumption of how the art team makes decisions. We have not received any word of Mynki regarding this subject. However, if you really want me to address your point, I'm just going to take a wild guess and stick to something like "Weapons are on a lower design scale and the winning weapon concepts were fitting enough for Warframe's aesthetics. However, most fan made frame concepts did not seem to fit enough and needed tuning."

No idea how it works, there's nothing people can do except assume how the art decisions are made.

All right then, please state just how Zephyr fits the warframe aesthetic more than it's concept does. 

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Removed hidden post

What you guys don't understand is that they CAN'T USE fan designs for the game (unless they state that that design will be used if it wins a contest or it's fan art for the codex). This time they CONTRACTED community artists so the design will be the same (unless the artist wants to change it).

People who have tennogen skins in the market also had to sign a contract with DE to get plat when stuff gets bought from the market (it'll happen with tennogen avatars too).

All the people that want Typhus in the game, for example, don't realize that it won't be the same design UNLESS RedSkittles gets contracted by DE.

Edited by JesterTheNight

What you guys don't understand is that they CAN'T USE fan designs for the game (unless they state that that design will be used if it wins a contest or it's fan art for the codex). This time they CONTRACTED community artists so the design will be the same (unless the artist wants to change it).

People who have tennogen skins in the market also had to sign a contract with DE to get plat when stuff gets bought from the market (it'll happen with tennogen avatars too).

+1

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!

YES!!!

All the people that want Typhus in the game, for example, don't realize that it won't be the same design UNLESS RedSkittles gets contracted by DE.

Then why not contract people if they want to put their concept into the game instead of butchering it with interpretation?