Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Waframe Help Improving Aim?

rotimix3

I started playing warfame about 2 years ago and go really addicted to it. I was playing many other games at the time like tf2 and CoD. I started to ONLY play warframe for about a year and got really good at it but once I got to MR(13) and pretty much had everything i wanted I decided to wait till the next update. I started going back to the fpses and shooter I normally play and I noticed I was INSANELY good.Now, in almost all games I play I always dominate the top of the top of the scoreboard. Before playing warframe, I was a really bad fpser and I was always at the bottom of the scoreboard and going on deathstreaks. Now, when I hop into tf2 I can dominate a whole server. Anyone else notice something like this happen to them after playing warframe?

Mostly depends which weapons you use and how you play Warframe. If you role a lot with quanta and keep spamming Saryn ult probably no - on the other hand if you run a lot of banshee for sona with something like the Grinlok (espescially if you try hitting targets mid air) - sure. Also definitly if you play pvp since the targets there are way harder to hit than in most shooters.

Warframe I would say is more "hectic" at some points than other games: constant enemy spawns that get to the point of kill or be killed. I suppose it would help making quick decisive shots

Yea thats probably it. I guess it is more fast paced and makes you pull the trigger more constantly compared to other games. I also noticed after playing warframe for a while I learned how to quickscope even though I haven't even done it before. I mean not only quickscoping either, headshot quickscoping.

Warframe doesn't require skill. Slow targets, ammo overabundance, automatic weapons, hitscan weapons, hordes of packed enemies.

Staying in your bathtub doesn't make yourself an olimpionic champion swimmer.

It does actually.Anyone can go crazy on earth and demolish some grineer,But going in t4 surv past 30 min when enemy shots take a good percentage of health, meaning you most likely are gonnhave to do some wallrunning to dodge bullets and aim at the same time to kill enemies. Yes, that takes a bit of skill.

Mostly depends which weapons you use and how you play Warframe. If you role a lot with quanta and keep spamming Saryn ult probably no - on the other hand if you run a lot of banshee for sona with something like the Grinlok (espescially if you try hitting targets mid air) - sure. Also definitly if you play pvp since the targets there are way harder to hit than in most shooters.

I really didnt play PVP though I mostly just do t4-t3 missions but I think I might try it too.

As anyone has said, it depends on what you use and how, but of course playing any shooter for 2 years is going to make you better at shooting stuff as long as you're not playing easy street the whole time mashing AoE weapons or abilities.

It's mostly in how you react to things as opposed to the typical lift weights, get muscles idea of things. The faster the pace of the game you play, the faster you improve, and generally the slower your sense of time becomes. You can make smaller movements, more decisions in a shorter time, you don't get as excited as quickly, your reflexes improve and thus you make less mistakes. Of course this goes for pretty much anything, not just shooters.

Although I'll be honest, there's shooters out there that require hundreds of times faster reflexes, and absolutely minuscule pinpoint accuracy, in a PvP environment, that would scoff at the slow paced western styled shooters like Warframe/CoD/BF/CS/etc. An automatic weapon in warframe could be compared to a single-shot pistol when you have to hit enough targets quickly enough in some games.

Yea thats probably it. I guess it is more fast paced and makes you pull the trigger more constantly compared to other games. I also noticed after playing warframe for a while I learned how to quickscope even though I haven't even done it before. I mean not only quickscoping either, headshot quickscoping.

It does actually.Anyone can go crazy on earth and demolish some grineer,But going in t4 surv past 30 min when enemy shots take a good percentage of health, meaning you most likely are gonnhave to do some wallrunning to dodge bullets and aim at the same time to kill enemies. Yes, that takes a bit of skill.

I really didnt play PVP though I mostly just do t4-t3 missions but I think I might try it too.

Are you looking for alternative feedback or trying to convince anybody?

Who can say what happened? Maybe your matchmaker put you toward noob people?

The only thing sure is Warframe PVE doesn't offer any relevant difficulty to become better at FPSs.

Every topic boils then down to "I'm skilled here, I'm skilled there, let's show it to others"... etc.

PS: Wallrunning isn't a feature anymore

Edited by Burnthesteak87

Are you looking for alternative feedback or trying to convince anybody?

Who can say what happened? Maybe your matchmaker put you toward noob people?

The only thing sure is Warframe PVE doesn't offer any relevant difficulty to become better at FPSs.

Every topic boils then down to "I'm skilled here, I'm skilled there, let's show it to others"... etc.

PS: Wallrunning isn't a feature anymore

I wasn't looking to impress anyone actually. I you read the original post I was asking if anyone else had the same experience and other people also decided to express their comments and I responded to them. I'm not sure if they put me towards "noob people in over 1000+ matches I have played but maybe. I'm also wondering what makes you come to your conclusion that warframe PVE isnt relevant in difficulty to FPSs, just saying it doesn't  isn't enough. I was trying to brag at how skilled I was or how much better I was I simply asking the question if anyone had any similar experience like mine. 

P.S. I said I stopped playing for 6 months(6 months ago wallrunning did exist). Please next time use you brain when you reply :)

I started playing warfame about 2 years ago and go really addicted to it. I was playing many other games at the time like tf2 and CoD. I started to ONLY play warframe for about a year and got really good at it but once I got to MR(13) and pretty much had everything i wanted I decided to wait till the next update. I started going back to the fpses and shooter I normally play and I noticed I was INSANELY good.Now, in almost all games I play I always dominate the top of the top of the scoreboard. Before playing warframe, I was a really bad fpser and I was always at the bottom of the scoreboard and going on deathstreaks. Now, when I hop into tf2 I can dominate a whole server. Anyone else notice something like this happen to them after playing warframe?

If anything, opposite's true for me. My aim has gone down quite a bit after playing a lot of Warframe mainly because it's pretty lax with reaction time and is ridden with bullet sponges and generally slow-moving enemies that provide no real challenge (grineer manics are somewhat competent but then again most of the time they phase out and when they don't they have a damage cap).

If you want to get good at competitive shooters then play a lot of competitive shooters. Me personally, I suck a lot more in Unreal, CS and CoD than I used to.

Maybe I'm just getting older but what I can tell you for a fact is that Warframe does not demand as much player skill as any competitive shooter does. Waste of time if you aimhue to improve your skills in shooter games.

Can't say that it has. Seen more improvement from BO2 back in the day learning it wasn't me that was dropping and aiming but aim assist. Now turning that off. THAT helped boost my aim at the time.

Warframe....every weapon either kills quick enough that aim doesn't matter, and enemies move about as fast as a tractor with a busted wheel and one missing. Plus their habit of running and retreating in a straight line. I mean unless your using bows or the like or challenging yourself WF might be making aim worse~