Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #59 Overview

AM-Bunny

Well, supposedly it was a bug initially, and they simply chose to 'let it slide' all this time since it was interesting.

Honestly, I've contemplated this exact change in the past... I thought it would be more interesting from a balancing perspective, and would also make more sense logically; I mean, how exactly are we making this magical second bullet?

Then I gave it some more thought, and realized the names of the mods Barrel Diffusion and Split Chamber. Those names seem to imply that the barrel of the weapon itself has some kind of divider that splits each round in half, and that's what the magical extra round is. That made a lot of sense to me. So yeah, I agree with you that the original function seems in line with the names of the mods.

Space magic? Out of all the things in this game a person might question bullets appearing out of nowhere is something you choose to dwell on?

0-0 why does everyone want pre-corpus valkyr so much... The valkyr's codex says that she has tortured by the corpus, pre corpus would that away and make her into something completely different. Either way Valkyr is already one of the better looking frames in warframe.

0-0 why does everyone want pre-corpus valkyr so much... The valkyr's codex says that she has tortured by the corpus, pre corpus would that away and make her into something completely different. Either way Valkyr is already one of the better looking frames in warframe.

-snip-

Mastery Rank Changes
• There will be large shifts in Mastery Rank requirements based on weapon power
• Don't expect Boltor Prime to be Mastery Ranks 2 any longer! (jokes about it being MR 15)

Update 18
• Syndicates may expand with solar map 2.0 - Steve wants to give them specific homes and areas of influence

Other Stuff
• Boar will bre re-released before 17.5 - expect it to get touched up too

-snip-

YESYESYESYES

No more prime noob :DDD

Better forbid them from buying maxed primed mods, it's more like cheating.

Edited by VCaptiion

Multishot Changes 

• Multishot will increase ammo consumption in an attempt to add more complexity to its use, rather than a mandatory mod
• Apparently this was the original intent - having it not increase ammo consumption has been a two year bug, like coptoring
• This was part of the thought process involved with the Vaykor Hek's release
• There will be many guns that will be tweaked in response to this change - particularly ammo-hungry weapons may get ammo buffs, for instance

Oh good I was wondering when they'd get around to ruining multishot.

Let's all ignore this and be mad anyway

Let's all ignore this and be mad anyway

I think what we're missing here is that if it really was a two year bug and they were WELL aware of said bug, why wasn't it taken care of Sooners? Either because it was no bug at all, or it was necessary for damage. I think that if it was a bug at all, they would likely not need to go through and completely rethink how this will adversely effect weapons. Think much?

Okay, quite a bit of goodies in this one, nothing bad at all (multishot's extra ammo consumption seems fair).

"Brawlerframe in U17.5"

OHGODI'MGOINGTOPUKEWHENISEEMILLIONSOFTHOSERUNNINGAROUNDTELLINGLIMBOTOSUCKITCAUSEHE'SHARDTOUSEANDDOESN'TGIVEALOTOFREWARDFORTHETROUBLES

On a less hateful note, I can't wait to press 1 to punch, 2 to kick, 3 to throw, and 4 to do a hadouken or something.

"U18 Goodies, goodies, and even more goodies, including Tenno Rapier and the long-awaited Focus system"

Here's something that both saddens me (MOREWAITING?AWW) and also fills my mouth with foam made of happiness and marshmallows (marshmellows?).

Thankfully it's before the end of 2015. Probs on November or December if I had to guess tho.

Also, when are they implementing the ability to wear Ol' Neffy's gigabyte beard?

Oh well, it's....

HYPE TIME, TENNO!

Edited by HankMadness64

Nunchaku (Ninkondi)
• Release ETA: Next week!
• Base damage is 45 Electrical Damage

...I'm sorry, what.

Why is a pair of nunchucks Electric damage rather than Impact? It's the Grattler all over again with nonsensical elements.

Also, why are we getting more Electic weapons? Excluding physical damage types, there's more electric weapons than any other damage type.

i'm new to the universe of the tenno. i love it. i am wondering how or were to voice an opinion suite/weapon idea? if you guy's are open to it. love the update!  

Hello, and welcome to Warframe!

If you'd like to give feedback on the mechanics of a Warframe and its abilities, you should post a thread in this Feedback forum.

If you'd like to give feedback on the mechanics of a Weapon, you should post a thread in this Feedback forum.

If you'd like to give feedback on the aesthetics and visual design of anything, you should post in this Feedback forum.

If you'd like to report bugs or glitches, head over here.

Mastery Rank Changes

• There will be large shifts in Mastery Rank requirements based on weapon power

• Don't expect Boltor Prime to be Mastery Ranks 2 any longer! (jokes about it being MR 15)

• The current  Mastery Rank Requirements were based on previous obtainable ranks, and didn't get updated as the maximum rank has increased

• If you have the weapon now, you will be grandfathered in - you don't have to worry about losing proficiency with a weapon you own

• You will still be able to obtain parts of Primed parts from the Void even if you can't use them at your current Mastery Rank

• You will not be able to trade for Primed parts if you can't use them at your Mastery Rank to prevent trolling

Is 'Primed parts" a typo or a new thing coming out? 

And how does being able to trade those items create trolling?

Is 'Primed parts" a typo or a new thing coming out? 

And how does being able to trade those items create trolling?

Apologies, I was simply referring to the Prime Parts that drop normally in the Void. I thought it was clear enough, but you've a fair point; there's no telling what Baro Ki'Ripoff will come up with next.

Low Mastery players may not be aware of the MR Requirements of all weapons. They could spend all their plat to trade for Boltor Prime pieces - only to realize that it requires MR 15. Less scrupulous sellers may even lie to their potential victims, assuring them that they can use the weapon. It's just a safeguard - even the in-game plat store doesn't allow players to purchase a weapon they can't yet use.

Btw did they mention when 17.5 will be released?

Not specifically, but it's clear that it will be more than two weeks, since they said that Devstream #60 (airing Sep 18) will be the '17.5 pre-view stream'. Expect at least one more week of padding, a la 17.2.4. Based on that, I'd say Sep 23 is a strong candidate for 17.5

Apologies, I was simply referring to the Prime Parts that drop normally in the Void. I thought it was clear enough, but you've a fair point; there's no telling what Baro Ki'Ripoff will come up with next.

Low Mastery players may not be aware of the MR Requirements of all weapons. They could spend all their plat to trade for Boltor Prime pieces - only to realize that it requires MR 15. Less scrupulous sellers may even lie to their potential victims, assuring them that they can use the weapon. It's just a safeguard - even the in-game plat store doesn't allow players to purchase a weapon they can't yet use.

-snip-

I figured as much, bu wanted to check to be certain.

The restriction makes sense, but why not simply add a pop up in the trading window that says "Your Mastery Rank is too low to use these items.  Do you wish to proceed?"  That would prevent any attempt at scamming and let players stock up on items they can't use just yet.

I figured as much, bu wanted to check to be certain.

The restriction makes sense, but why not simply add a pop up in the trading window that says "Your Mastery Rank is too low to use these items.  Do you wish to proceed?"  That would prevent any attempt at scamming and let players stock up on items they can't use just yet.

Yeah, it seems to me that suggestion would appropriately address the potential issues.

The only possible situation that wouldn't touch on is if a player is so ignorant they aren't even aware of what Mastery Rank is - although in my opinion, a player with such a lack of understanding shouldn't be wheeling and dealing in the free market anyway.

I'd support this idea over literally restricting players from trading the pieces.

Yeah, it seems to me that suggestion would appropriately address the potential issues.

The only possible situation that wouldn't touch on is if a player is so ignorant they aren't even aware of what Mastery Rank is - although in my opinion, a player with such a lack of understanding shouldn't be wheeling and dealing in the free market anyway.

I'd support this idea over literally restricting players from trading the pieces.

Honestly, if there is someone out there conducting trades and are totally ignorant of MR ranks, there is nothing DE can do to protect them.