Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's Talk Lato And Braton Exclusives.

Sebastianx

So, everyone that's been around since closed beta knows that the Lato Vandal (and maybe prime, I don't own one) was quite the beast in Damage 1.0. Incredible accuracy with high rate of fire made it good at both long range and close range combat.

Then Damage 2.0 came and "Serrated Blade" damage type was removed.

Then later on DE nerfed the Lato Vandal and if I remember correctly the Braton vandal as well.

But my question is...why?

DE did specify they nerfed them because they were "too strong" for beginner weapons. But keep in mind that the nerf occurred almost a year after none of those weapons were still obtainable. What "newbie" still had access to them confuses me. I understand the nerf to the vanilla versions but why the nerf for the exclusive ones? 

Like, what's the point of having a Lato Vandal/Prime or Braton Vandal right now? They're probably the 3 worst weapons in the game.

Maybe I sound selfish when I say this, but those rewards DE gave us for being with the game for 3 years now, would be nice if they were at least mediocre.

Doubt these will ever be buffed, like the Skana Prime, due to people complaining about what they can't have so therefore it is somehow not fair, so instead the other side have to also suffer. Makes sense.

Edited by Naith

Old U8 stats.

Lato: 24 damage

Lato Prime: 27 damage

Lato Vandal: 30 damage

I don't find it OP at all.

DE nerfed them because they explicitly wanted to "encourage" people to explore more weapons.

And that is a stinking move throughout. 

Remember Gorgon when it used to need 1000 Rubedo to craft, did 30 damage PER bullet.

Edited by fatpig84

Hopefully sometime within 17.5 or u18 all weapons will be looked through again and given a buff or a change that is needed. I do not see as to why people who own such items as the lato vandal/prime or the skana prime should be left in the wind...just because there is a small portion of people who own them. Yes, I wouldn't mind one bit having the Lato vandal be brought back...but no, it is not a necessity. 

I remember Lato Vandal being pretty good, but beastly? Not sure I would agree.

But I do agree that they need buffs, I have most exclusive weapons and can almost never use them, only when faffing about on low level missions.

Also, Lato Vandal skin has been broken since day one, it's missing the Lotus decal on the grip like it has in the image, and is the only exclusive weapon that can be colored.

The Lato Prime is subpar compared to how it used to be, that's for sure. Now it's just a shiny pewpew that requires a ton of forma to be dumped into to be a passable choice before enemies reach level 25, past this point it's just a glorified paperweight.

Same for Skana Prime. Even the Syndicate mod and effect can't completely make up for how inherently weak that sword is. And don't give me that moronic "it's because it can't be obtained anymore" argument, we're not talking Goldy buff here, just enough to make it an option. It's what's best for the game, since it "promotes diversity", that lame excuse we sometimes get when the devs kill a weapon that wasn't even close to power creep, or simply botch the nerf of actual power creeps like they did the Synoid Gammacor (gun does too much damage! Let's crank up ammo consumption to moronic levels instead of reducing the damage! DE logic at work).

Inb4 if you buff it you have to bring it back arguments

DE needs to rebalance all of the weapons, even the exclusives. 

Well, under the guise of a complete rebalancing of most weapons, I think at that point exclusives fall under "keeping in line."  It does no good to leave exclusives intentionally nerfed while buffing the models they are based on beyond them.  But to exclusively buff an exclusive weapon?  Then people have an argument.  It apparently takes weeks to months to tweak numbers and still screw up the balance horrifically.  I think people are pretty justified when solely exclusive weapons get looked into.  That's development time better spent towards things everyone can enjoy.

I don't own either of the weapons you're mentioning (although I've been around for over 2 years), but yet, I wouldn't mind having them buffed.
I agree with what you're saying, the fact they were nerfed before because they were too strong for starter weapons? Fair 'nuff. Now though, it doesn't make sense.

Having the Lato Prime/Skana Prime to be buffed reasonably wouldn't bother me, same goes for the Lato Vandal and the Braton Vandal. It's only fair for those who were there to have their weapons at least somewhat usable, and not just have it as a shiny tool to wave around.

Well, under the guise of a complete rebalancing of most weapons, I think at that point exclusives fall under "keeping in line."  It does no good to leave exclusives intentionally nerfed while buffing the models they are based on beyond them.  But to exclusively buff an exclusive weapon?  Then people have an argument.  It apparently takes weeks to months to tweak numbers and still screw up the balance horrifically.  I think people are pretty justified when solely exclusive weapons get looked into.  That's development time better spent towards things everyone can enjoy.

My comment was more in reference to the arguments used when buffing Excal Prime came up. 

I agree, exclusive weapons should not be singled out for buffs or reworks, it should be a rebalancing of all weapons or that specific line of weapons (rifles, bow, etc.)

Old U8 stats.

Lato: 24 damage

Lato Prime: 27 damage

Lato Vandal: 30 damage

I don't find it OP at all.

DE nerfed them because they explicitly wanted to "encourage" people to explore more weapons.

And that is a stinking move throughout. 

Remember Gorgon when it used to need 1000 Rubedo to craft, did 30 damage PER bullet.

I remember Lato Vandal being pretty good, but beastly? Not sure I would agree.

But I do agree that they need buffs, I have most exclusive weapons and can almost never use them, only when faffing about on low level missions.

Also, Lato Vandal skin has been broken since day one, it's missing the Lotus decal on the grip like it has in the image, and is the only exclusive weapon that can be colored.

It actually was, especially due to it's HIGH accuracy, LOW recoil and VERY HIGH fire rate especially after Lethal Torrent came out.

I remember how I used to take it to T3 defence, and going to wave 30 without much of a problem with just the Lato Vandal alone...it used to destroy even the heavy gunners in just a few bullets, and it could empty its whole clip (still can) in 1 second with pin-point accuracy at medium ranges.

It actually was, especially due to it's HIGH accuracy, LOW recoil and VERY HIGH fire rate especially after Lethal Torrent came out.

I remember how I used to take it to T3 defence, and going to wave 30 without much of a problem with just the Lato Vandal alone...it used to destroy even the heavy gunners in just a few bullets, and it could empty its whole clip (still can) in 1 second with pin-point accuracy at medium ranges.

Ah how the mighty have fallen.