Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You Think We'll Ever Have A Frame/boss Who Grows Or Shrinks?

Nah_NotReally

My imagination was running around when I pictured a boss shrinking to evade and run at crazy speeds around us to escape but then we end up chasing him into one of the large open areas of one of the planets where he suddenly grows huge to make it harder to damage him while dealing a substantial amount of damage to those he hits. Cliche, but I enjoyed the thought.

At the same time, I imagined using a frame with wings that were only strong enough to allow the frame to fly when they're shrunk down to a lightweight/tiny size (meaning I shrunk and was automatically able to fly/hover). I flew around with incredible speed unharmed by enemies as they couldn't shoot such a small and quickly moving target, but was unable to use my weapons because they were too large. At an opportune moment (for obvious reasons), I then grew to twice the size of a normal frame sacrificing speed/mobility for damage and critical chance/damage from punches, kicks, stomp, and body slams because my weapons didn't change with me.

I enjoyed these thoughts and wondered if this goshdarn, milk-lovin, apple-pickin community had thoughts about it. I forever have doubt that any of my imagination would ever be a part any game that I didn't create myself, but I still mentally wander sometimes and I let my mind wonder about these types of characters in different missions.

TL;DR: Do you think we'll ever have a frame and/or boss who grows or shrinks?

Dear DE,

Tactical Alert Idea: Grineer Soldiers at 1:50 size ratio that are Volt's Speed fast. Immune to abilities and explosives. Basic exterminate mission.

and they're all level 80+

On-topic: I think it would be interesting for a frame to be based around the idea of shrinking and growing

Edited by Xicio

Would the Nukor partially satisfy your wish?

Not enough to satisfy this imagination

Imagination_bob.gif

Would be cool, if they could isolate the glitch that caused you not to switch back to full size when exiting the water in the archwing in a controlled fashion, boom, shrink ability.

That bug pretty much planted the seed to this thought since I have played as a very small Zephyr for an entire mission.

That sounds annoying as hell

The boss?

Boss and enemies? Sure... A frame that can change its size? No. Why? Balance. The PVP team would have yet another nightmare of a headache trying to balance a frame that could adjust it's own hurt boxes.

Don't they have to balance Loki eventually? Isn't it their job to balance these guys for PVP? I don't see a problem with giving someone something to do if they're getting paid to do it. If I worked there on their team, I'd do it for the game and for the players who wish to use this type of character against other players since I applied to worked there. I know it's hard to tell via text, but this isn't a serious/angry tone, just legitimate questions and how I would truly handle the situation if I were in one of their size 12 pair of shoes.

If you want to get technical about it, we do have a frame that specifically shrinks; Hydroid with his puddle ability.

If you move your camera at the floor face more upwards, then use his Puddle ability, you will see the actual Warframe shrink down to a really tiny size.

It's also why when you try moving around you can see the camera move and generally feel like you're moving, but the puddle isn't going anywhere; when you look into the puddle, you can see our little squidy Hydroid, walking around with his stubby little legs hahaha~

Sorry I had to xD

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

My imagination was running around when I pictured a boss shrinking to evade and run at crazy speeds around us to escape

This gave me a bad flashback to a custom MvM server running some "30 waves on Mannworks", and one enemy was this stupidly OP "Leader Spy" who was three inches tall, ran 45 mph, and killed everything with one melee attack

OP's second paragraph makes me think he's watched Ant Man recently

If you want to get technical about it, we do have a frame that specifically shrinks; Hydroid with his puddle ability.

If you move your camera at the floor face more upwards, then use his Puddle ability, you will see the actual Warframe shrink down to a really tiny size.

It's also why when you try moving around you can see the camera move and generally feel like you're moving, but the puddle isn't going anywhere; when you look into the puddle, you can see our little squidy Hydroid, walking around with his stubby little legs hahaha~

Sorry I had to xD

Haha that's awesome, I'll have to check that out.

So, they have the powers of Ant-man?

Pretty much I guess, but doesn't he only shrink? I haven't seen the movie and never got into his comics.

This gave me a bad flashback to a custom MvM server running some "30 waves on Mannworks", and one enemy was this stupidly OP "Leader Spy" who was three inches tall, ran 45 mph, and killed everything with one melee attack

OP's second paragraph makes me think he's watched Ant Man recently

Haha I'm sure that sucked, but I was imagining something a bit different. You know how most bosses have invincibility phases? I was thinking that the boss being miniature is his invincibility phase and he only shrinks to escape/for mobility. Like imagine being in an assassination mission for this guy and seeing a small thing sprinting around wherever large groups of enemies were (nothing more than scan-able), then getting to his battle area to see the small thing run toward the center and grow into a huge version. When fighting him, you would notice that he's huge but sometimes shrinks to run to another spot a dozen yards away then regrows to attack. Vulnerable when giant, invulnerable when small. Doesn't deal damage when small, deals damage when giant.

I've never seen Ant Man, but I will eventually.

Like ant man?

No, just no

All of my no

I haven't seen the movie, but Ant Man can fly and grow huge? I always assumed he could only shrink since his name only suggests that. Unless yo're talking about the boss, then still I didn't think Ant Man would be able to grow. Also, see the response I left above yours to get a more descriptive image of the boss' strategy that I imagined.

How about a boss that splits in half every time it takes damage? Like a hydra except they can all run around.

Heh. Huehuheuhueheuhuhehaiueh. Heh.

That sounds like it should be an infested enemy. The closest we have to that is the brood mother, but it doesn't actually split itself into more of itself. I could see that being in the game eventually and a hassle to deal with if they can actually attack.