The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's So Great About The Orthos Prime

iquaniqua

Its the first melee weapon of choice for me, unless I'm running with my valkyr then I of course switch over to my scindo prime.

The orthos has range, a great area of hit, nice damage and quick. Its great on fast frames as you become a zoom plow of whirly death as the body parts fly around you LoL

Tried the dragon nikana but did not like having the hit box in the upper right corner :(

scindo prime is awesome for valkyr but by the time i can swing it once, the orthos would have cleared the room already.

galatine I liked but did not want to forma it so many times to make it usable. never liked the sound or feel of the bo, single swords are abit odd feeling to me and a strange hit box area for them. daggers are so short that i cant hit the loot bin that is right in front of me and then the tipedo... well it looks ugly to me LoL

Other melee weapons may have higher 'numbers' but for real use, nothing beats the orthos (or at least for me) :D

Besides, really liking the skin for it ;)

its fast, large range, can hit multiple targets in one swing, doesn't break movement during quick melee, and does reasonable amount of damage. pre-parkour 2.0 it also had one of the greatest air melee attacks and a reasonable coptering attack. post parkour 2.0 its slide attack is still reasonable. works great with prime reach.

you know, a multitude of reasons.

Apart from the reach advantage, the orthos' quick attack doesn't have animation lock; i.e., I can still move around freely while attacking with it. IMO that's a big plus for a melee weapon.

It surprises me how few players know or care about animatioin locking in melee weapons. The lack of animation lock for normal polearm swings means that you can slap a Rush mod onto your Loki or something, sprint down the middle of a hallway while mashing E mindlessly, and reduce all of the enemies in that hallway to a fine red mist while moving at full speed. Plus you have a gun equipped, so you can easily blast away any enemy that's tanky enough to handle the melee.

The lack of animation lock on certain weapons and stances (e.g. most of Iron Phoenix, Shimmering Blight, R1 Clashing Forest, etc) can turn any decently-fast frame into a portable meat grinder, while most animation locks (Crimson Dervish, any dualsword stance, etc) will root even the quickest of frames into one spot and render their sprint speed unusable.

Edited by SortaRandom

Reason why I love it so much, is because I can keep swinging on forward without stopping. SWING SWING SWING! ONWARDS! Seriously, I just love it, especially since it can kill multiple enemies and not just 1, it's what I love about it.

It's not even about the damage for me, I just like to swing and not be delayed with each attack or after each 2 or 3 basic attacks and still hitting multiple enemies.