The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Got Manic Bombards, But What Happened To The Bursas?

BurningLynx

Hey DE I have a question that’s been bugging me for a while now.

I know balancing an event enemy for regular play is a difficult task but will we ever see the bursas again? Are they even "in progress"?

Maybe you start including them in a once a week special invasion that we could play, with them as the boss(and we'll have some corpus love to boot)? Or maybe include them in a Gift from the lotus missions that have the 50k+ credit reward where you hack them like in the event. As a huge lover of the throwing type weapons I feel really disappointed coming to play this game just after the end of that event and never seeing any of the amazing stances that came from them especially astral twilight.

Rest in Prodcrewman Bursa

2015-2015

Will NOT be missed for spawning ridiculously high level Corpus who one-shot-killed all of us while we had to wait for it to process the money.

1 Like = 1 Credit

Edited by Mohandar881

I like the concept of them but fighting against them was horrible/boring.

I hope they work on the ground slam spam, and their ground running speed 

was way to fast for a tanky unit.

Don't get me wrong i would like to see them back as well but without the cheese AI please.

RIP Bursa

2015-2015

Will NOT be missed for spawning ridiculously high level Corpus who one-shot-killed all of us while we had to wait for it to process the money.

1 Like = 1 Credit

to be fair that was only during the event (hopfully)

but i want my Astral Twilight dang it.....its ridiculous that it is going for over 200p :|

RIP Bursa

2015-2015

1 Like = 1 Credit

GIVE UNTO THE VOID 10o

(I missed that event sadly)

IIRC last devstream mentioned they were actually too fat to fit through some doors/passages on the Jupiter and Europa maps.

They don't necessarily have to be in those tilesets, though. They can be a specific enemy in the same vein that Alad V had his own unique forces. Associate the bursas in the area where Neffy will hang out, and from what I see, there isn't any conflicts on Mars or anything.

in last dew stream the told bursas will be back and only stealth attack work on them

probably in 18

If that's the case, I'm NEVER playing corpus missions. Stealth attacks are impossible to do when in the middle of a fight, and given how Bursa's have nullifier fields (the WORST addition to the game), they can't be stunned easily either.

Tbh, DE arn't that good at implementing player designed content. The Mios weapon, has supposedly been in works for about a year now, and we STILL don't have it.

The Bursa's still arn't here. The Juggernaught was given terrible spawning mechanics, was just made a bullet sponge, and, once it was in the game, was never touched again.

in last dew stream the told bursas will be back and only stealth attack work on them

probably in 18

That isn't what they said at all. They just said that the models are too wide right now, and so they are trying to figure out how to make them work as standard units.

It was explained previously that the event Bursa were just that, event enemies. The released unit is expected to be much more in line with the concept's abilities (which was designed to be a standard unit instead of a miniboss).

Bursa's will get in one way or another.

they need quite a bit of Polishing to make sure that they aren't super broken in most Tilesets though.

the plan was to have them introduced into U17 - but not usable in most areas, so had to pull them to work on them more.

They don't necessarily have to be in those tilesets, though. They can be a specific enemy in the same vein that Alad V had his own unique forces. Associate the bursas in the area where Neffy will hang out, and from what I see, there isn't any conflicts on Mars or anything.

This is what I was thinking mostly in terms of the invasions and special alert veins because some of the gift from the lotus missions feel so random in terms of the difficulty.

Edited by BurningLynx