Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Great Forma Famine, And A Final Solution To This Madness

Hortonman

We have entire game modes that lack any reason to actually play them. Exterminate, Mobile Defense, Capture, Hive, and Sabotage missions in the Star Chart would be a great place to put items like forma. No need to put them alongside Oberon parts.

Love the idea. It's so good, it will never happen. I'm actually suprised you do not have many players in here complaining about it. Warfare has got to have the most whiny group of players in history.

Go to the Destiny forums and this place will seem like happyhappyjoyjoy party.

On topic, I've been having pretty good luck getting forma BPs in T2 exterminates.

We have entire game modes that lack any reason to actually play them. Exterminate, Mobile Defense, Capture, Hive, and Sabotage missions in the Star Chart would be a great place to put items like forma. No need to put them alongside Oberon parts.

Yes to this, too.

DE, make this happen.

Quite frankly, after getting Oberon, the pieces just stack up and up, to a point where it just becomes credit fodder. I have a few million credits worth in Oberon pieces currently.

DE could use this opportunity to make a Corpus-themed version of the Grineer Manics, and allow Oberon to drop from it, expanding the Corpus side of the game, and moving Oberon to make way for this change. 

DE would still make plat even if forma blueprints are readily available. Reason being that they take 24 hrs to make and rushing them costs 10 plat. Granted you are paying a price for impatience but half price for farming keeps me playing and dumping more forma into things. Just sayin' (as Hartonman has already pointed out) and all the specific prime part farmers or just ducat farmers in general with 100's of forma blueprints taking up space will soon realize that 10 plat is more reasonable then waiting 100's of days to clear out the blueprint pool and 1 forma a day isn't enough reason to keep playing.....

Having spent over 260 forma .... yeah DE gets plat out of me.

FOR-MA years!

I approve of this idea.

Corrupted Eximus drop Forma, other Corrupted continue dropping Oberon. 

Nice. 

Another thing is making Forma be worth Ducats. Which can complement this one. 

Forma being worth Ducats adds value to it very literally, which also reduces the complaint rate. 

Edited by -TP-BrazilianJoe

My proposal is simple: remove forma blueprints from the void tables entirely, and instead make them drop from Corrupted eximus units in place of Oberon components.

Inb4 DE sets a drop rate of 0.000000005%. 

"Do you really believe it's going to be THIS EASY?!" in Vay Hek voice.

Another option could be to have it as a bonus reward on top of the reward you get from void missions. Like a 20% chance to get one every 5 waves in defence, maybe the % goes up by 5% every 10 waves you make it. Or like 10% every 5 waves going up 5% every 10 waves in T1, T2 starts at 15%, T3 at 20, T4 at 25%.

So would the forma drop from any eximus or just eximus from the void?

I would be in favor of just eximus from the void since then Oberon would need to be moved, so something else needs to move, and it would be a big mess.

As I said: Corrupted eximus units.

All other factions' eximus units would still drop Oberon parts as normal.

Here's my solution: Stop saying you get too much forma on the forums, then complaining when they remove forma. Asking DE for something (specifically sheldon) is like wishing for something from a monkey's paw: You will never have the desired outcome. Next time ask for 3x orokin cells to be removed from T f'in 4. Or just remove sicarus prime blueprints from dropping in like 8 different places at like a 90% weighted rate. Even those suggestions I could see going sideways.

DE doesnt want to reduce the grind. They want you to think they're reducing the grind, it's in their best interest to keep you toiling away in their void mines for a pittance of a haul each run cause then you have to stay in there for hours, days, months, the rest of your life.

Yeah also remove resource and mod (cores) drops from void tables, lower ducats costs accordingly to new drop chances.

Problem fixed you now have plenty of space in drop tables for new stuff.

Also didnt noticed any lower forma bp drop, I am getting one like every 5 drop chance, only serving to enrage me with another useless trash in my inventory.

Edited by Deathman_Kenshi

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, you have my support for certain.

However, i'd tone the drop rate down a little bit if this was to happen.  I leave extended void content with 10+ Oberon parts.  Leaving the void with 10 forma bp's after 2 hours might be...  A little much.  Maybe 2 or 3, but certainly not 10 or more.

Otherwise, I think this is a solution we can all agree on.