Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Great Forma Famine, And A Final Solution To This Madness

Hortonman

only scrubs would pull numbers out of their @$! and have no hard solid proof and FACTS to back up their claims...

12, almost 13 million gamers - numbers posted by DE themselves on Comic-Con panel

>1% - minimal number of paying customers each F2P game have. Better games usually have more. It's not an number out of my a.s.s, it's the statistic done by the industry (this statistic didn't count mobile market)

$50 - cheapest PA. It's on this site.

Even if most of those 1-2% don't buy PA, but only plat, DE still has enough money to run and develop this game for next few years, even if everyone would stopped buying plat right now.

I'm not saying we should stop giving them our money, I'm saying that forcing us to buy convenience item; that can be acquired other way but with real hustle; for real money, isn't the best way to conduct business, and it's a straight road to make the players leave.

Edited by VectorWolf

here's a suggestion... support the game and get the formas you need from the market! It's 100% drop rate there... supports this wonderful game

and DE gets paid. They gotta eat and pay rent too!

they've been generous long enough already and they only did this because people complained about getting too many formas... so they removed it as that was what the community wanted...

I won't try to argue DE finances. I know they have taxes, insurance, workers comp, rent, hardware, salaries, etc. to pay and still need a profit, or why bother. It's impossible to speculate.

However, as I told you in my thread with a list of potential fixes for format BP to drop, I do buy plat. I've spent more money on this game than any other previous game in my history; and I'm an old school gamer.

I have no problem supporting DE because they do listen to the players. Unfortunately, this was a player request by a "majority". Majorities elect horrible politicians to. Einstein once said, if everyone is thinking alike, no one is thinking...

The purpose of this thread and threads like it, are to raise awareness. Many players enjoyed things better how they were, and see this as the WORST change DE has made yet.

It is a change to core mechanics that hurts veteran players than play the game to min/max and new players that have little chance to advance. It's a huge forma wall for all dojo weapons, dojo research, the dojo, not to mention boosting weapon/ frame stats.

An item so important as forma needs to be common or players start feeling the pay to win model which is repulsive.

I buy cosmetics, colors, prime parts I gave up hunting, etc. I've really only rushed forma, only ever bought a couple, and that's in the old system, where they were much more common.

I have even forma pvp weapons like mk1 braton.

A solution is required, don't like the one suggested here, I have 14 other solutions that will not increase drops in void but make available to noobs and veterans.

It's a win/ win. DE will not be helping themselves financially by forcing forma purchases. Definitely by me.

You can't make a game worse and expect more payment!

There are many solutions, I can live with this one but prefer a 25K rep BP in syndicates (veterans) combined with BP in invasions instead of credit versus credit awards (new players) with more frequent BP alerts (new and veteran). Baro buying and selling them is another option.

Keeping both camps unhappy (to many or to few) is not going to win Plat sales. There is a compromise and happy medium.

I have confidence DE will ignore players and come up with their own solution. They are some creative guys. I'm fine with that to.

At least now they know it's an issue for many players. You sir, are free to buy the forma in the market. But you have to respect the fact that there is a large minority of players that will just walk away if nothing is done and see yet another grind required for advancement.

Edited by Educated_Beast

Answer to forma bp is pretty simple.

Make bp reusable, make it drop from quest ideally and remove it from drop tables(ideally replacing it with prebuilt forma).]

Everyone is happy, ppl who build forma are happy because they dont need to grind for bps, ppl who dont build forma are happy because drop tables dont have "useless forma bps", de is happy because ppl still need to craft.

Edited by Davoodoo

That's actually a really nice solution to it

No, it's not even balanced.

To make it extremely unlikely for people to buy from the market and just do a couple runs for a guaranteed forma is not exactly balanced.

To all the people who say they will absolutely NOT support the game with a single dime while at the same time demand that farming for as many forma as their hearts desire, it's VERY hypocritical.

Like I said, it's the way it is right now for a reason and there are plenty of people who think it's just fine. What you are all asking for is FREE forma and that's not going to happen.

I think DE is generous enough.

To make it extremely unlikely for people to buy from the market and just do a couple runs for a guaranteed forma is not exactly balanced.

To all the people who say they will absolutely NOT support the game with a single dime while at the same time demand that farming for as many forma as their hearts desire, it's VERY hypocritical.

Like I said, it's the way it is right now for a reason and there are plenty of people who think it's just fine. What you are all asking for is FREE forma and that's not going to happen.

Have i at any point suggested drop rates?? no

So where do you get assumption that you will get it every few runs?? im sure de would make it rare enough.

Havent you seen dozen of forum threads before de removed forma bps from drop tables?? yeah clear sign that community is happy.

Edited by Davoodoo

Forma famine? Maybe dial back the draco farming a bit.

*equips flame repellent*

but seriously, i would think the drop rates should be balanced with natural game progression. So, for about how long it would take to rank up a weapon, a new bp should be aquired.

Clearly there are confounders, such as xp disparities between mission types or xp farming loops.

So, to balance accelerated gear leveling with market considerations and drop table dilutions; id like to see forma crop up in more alerts and invasion missions, while keeing it a rare drop in A or B void tables.

Will you stop white knighting? They have enough money from Prime Access, selling plat for skins, slots and other crap. They won't go bankrupt if we won't buy Forma.

Just ignore him, he is in all three topics about lack of forma drops. White knighting in all of them ^^ This guy have no idea about maxing stuff out. As i mentioned in the other topic, recently i've rushed 300+ formas, thats over 3k plat. Buying such amount from marketplace would cost me over 6.000 platinium, thats insane! And i still need twice the amount of formas i've just used!

Just ignore him, he is in all three topics about lack of forma drops. White knighting in all of them ^^ This guy have no idea about maxing stuff out. As i mentioned in the other topic, recently i've rushed 300+ formas, thats over 3k plat. Buying such amount from marketplace would cost me over 6.000 platinium, thats insane! And i still need twice the amount of formas i've just used!

Agreed, ignored. I made a clear post stating I do buy plat directly addressed to him and he ignores and continues to say the same thing with no actual solution.

To all those who claim these high drop rates, need screen shots or I will not believe. I've just completed many nights of specific forma hunting speed running and key sharing, but not even a 1 week supply.

On average 1 in 16 capture runs drop them. About the same in exterminate but take much longer. Endless missions seem to drop the least and take the most time. For a guy with every item and most cosmetics, there is nothing to do but advance items.

I can't keep up and the games becoming stale. Not gonna spend anymore money on a game that's becoming boring.

What's fun for me, may not be fun for you. I respect guys that wanted forma out of rotation C, but guess what, we didn't get that either.

DE just managed to piss off everyone with this change. So Mr. white knight, go buy some plat, I'll be keeping my money until I'm sure I'll be continuing to play. As of lately, I'm getting burned out.

Not because of grindwing or gameplay, but because of this. Because I cannot find forma at the rate I use them; which as a casual (1-2 hours most days) long time player, is not even that much.

Edited by Educated_Beast

I don't see it.

Not saying that I would not mind free Forma, but I am saying that DE makes real money from Forma, and players should be the last people to try and dictate where and how it drops.

It is of course good for us to say things like "hey DE could you check your logs for drop rates, they seem to be screwy" but if DE came back and said "nope, the Forma drop per day is within expected numbers" then coming out and saying "add more Forma drops" won't cut it.

^^

The forma drops are lower than before thanks to players complaining of to many forma.  What they were complaining about is forma in rotation C; that's it.  It stayed in rotation C and they removed them from easily to obtain rotations (A/B). 

So guys used to getting many and making / using one per day, can no longer do this. 

A large minority of players want things back to the way they were or another change implemented.  We never asked for the change to begin with. 

I fully endorse this idea.  It's brilliant.

I too, since the patch that nerfed Forma drop rates into the ground, have had ONE Forma in a ONE Survival rotation, the other being the latest alert a while back.

This idea would solve pretty much everything.

Signed in just to +1 this. Having them drop from eximus units is a good idea.

There is no such thing as having too much of a resource.

There will always be reasons other than forma blueprints to play void missions.

It's easy enough to get oberon parts from any other mission.

A + B + C = eximus units should drop forma BPs.

As a new player who wants to make a solo Dojo and still have some forma left over for other uses, I'd love to see a positive change like this. I have two forma after my first 100 hours or so. At that rate, I'll never actually get to use forma before I've moved on from Warframe to something else.